Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #9,316 of 9,690
In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFis that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble departments.

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........
The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sound overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....
On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........
The fit with those ear hangers was akward too.

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

I think I will end up purchasing my second pair of TF10s...... :)

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #9,317 of 9,690
  In the past five years I have unsucessfully tried to replace my beloved TripleFis that I used exclusively out of an Ipod Touch and Iphone 6.

First, I tried the UE900 which were beautiful to look at but sounded muffled in a direct comparison with the TripleFis. They also lacked in the bass and treble departments.

Then, I tried  the JVC FX850, which sounded too bassy and lacked in the clarity department........

One month later I tried the Westone 6 which were the most comfty earphones I have tried. The sound was good, however, they did not match the TF10s clarity........
The same day I tried the AKG 3001 and they were AMAZING, however, the lack of rmovable cable was a deal breaker..........

Enter the SE846 which I HATED!!, they were beautiful, the rolex of all earphones, but they were too mid-centric, rolled-off treble and a little uncomfortable .....

Finally, I tried the Sony Z5 which were nice, good sound overall, however, they were not very efficient out of an Iphone, and the mids sounded recessed to my ears.....
On top of that, in a direct comparison with the TF10s.... they did not sound as clear........

There are some earphones that I would like to try..... the JH Angies or the new Noble...... but......

Seriously try the Noble 4 if you can. I find it a terrific upgrade to the TF10. After that if you want to go up in price, then the Savant.

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #9,318 of 9,690
EXACTLY MY PROBLEM!!

Not the same In Ears but, I tested now the new Fischer Amps 4 Rapture like the FA4 EXB.

Everybody was really excited about this In Ear, it is definitely better than Triple Fi and many other In Ears till 900€.

Sorry, but I can't hear that.

Testing now 2 Days..

Please can someone throw other In Ear Brands which give has the lovely Sounding like the Triple Fi, Cold, Neutral but with a touch more exciting Vocals and more Soundstage, than I'm Really Happy.

Thinking of Universals, but when I do extra an Ear Mold and it does not sound good, how can I give them Baxj thats the Problem..

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #9,319 of 9,690

And you will get 15% discount if you opt Noble!......

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #9,320 of 9,690

Seriously try the Noble 4 if you can. I find it a terrific upgrade to the TF10. After that if you want to go up in price, then the Savant.

Can I get the same amount of bass or more in quality to TF10's?.....coz I'm on fence bet. FLC8 and Noble 4.

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #9,321 of 9,690
Loved my TF10. But the 1964 Ears V6-Stage (made as universal fit rather than custom fit) supersede them in bass, mids and highs, without giving up anything when it comes to the realistic soundstage and overall coherency/cohesiveness of the TF10 so many other headphones lack (IMHO).

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #9,322 of 9,690
Loved my TF10. But the 1964 Ears V6-Stage (made as universal fit rather than custom fit) supersede them in bass, mids and highs, without giving up anything when it comes to the realistic soundstage and overall coherency/cohesiveness of the TF10 so many other headphones lack (IMHO).

Oh Ok, TY for the recommendation! But my actual budget is restricting atm (I'm still saving up 
frown.gif
)......but point duly noted.

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #9,324 of 9,690
T Peos 100 for unviersal or Thousand Sounds TS842 for custom for upgrade from TF10.  

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #9,325 of 9,690
Just had to replace mine because the left side blew out after almost 6 years of use. Shame that I just bought that FiiO cable to use with it too.

I bought the Westone W30. It should arrive Thursday so we'll see how it compares.

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #9,328 of 9,690
Those of you who still have the TF10(I have had them for several years), am I am hearing things(haha) when I think that the sound signature is changed on them when you do the flip mod(left ear piece connected to right, right ear piece connected to left cable)?

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #9,329 of 9,690
  Those of you who still have the TF10(I have had them for several years), am I am hearing things(haha) when I think that the sound signature is changed on them when you do the flip mod(left ear piece connected to right, right ear piece connected to left cable)?

If you mismatch the polarity of the pins when doing the flip mod, the sound could definitely change by putting the drivers out of phase.

This should help:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601955/ultimate-ears-triplefi-10-polarity#post_9274873

If it doesn't sound right, you should probably just flip the pins and give it a shot. If the two ears sound diferent, follow that link and you'll be able to figure it out.

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #9,330 of 9,690
Yep, that's a think many Triple.Fi 10 users aren't aware of.

By the way: does anybody know whether there are other IEMs around that don't follow the regular pin layout scheme? Super.Fi 5 Pro maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back