Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 7, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #9,331 of 9,690

If you mismatch the polarity of the pins when doing the flip mod, the sound could definitely change by putting the drivers out of phase.

This should help:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601955/ultimate-ears-triplefi-10-polarity#post_9274873

If it doesn't sound right, you should probably just flip the pins and give it a shot. If the two ears sound diferent, follow that link and you'll be able to figure it out.

I am using the Sunricky(sp?) cables that I liked better: when having the left headphone nozzle opening facing me, connected to the right cable, where I could see the R facing me on the cable. I had the right headphone on the left cable, with the L facing me when looking directly at the nozzle opening. If that makes sense: )

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #9,332 of 9,690

I am using the Sunricky(sp?) cables that I liked better: when having the left headphone nozzle opening facing me, connected to the right cable, where I could see the R facing me on the cable. I had the right headphone on the left cable, with the L facing me when looking directly at the nozzle opening. If that makes sense: )

I did the same thing the first time ^_^

As a rule of thumb when swapping TF10 cables for the flip mod and back to normal, the ear guides should stay in roughly the same shape/facing the same direction for the polarity to match up.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #9,333 of 9,690

I did the same thing the first time ^_^

As a rule of thumb when swapping TF10 cables for the flip mod and back to normal, the ear guides should stay in roughly the same shape/facing the same direction for the polarity to match up.

Well I am back to the original setup, right side on the right cable, R on headphone facing R on cable and the same for the left side. I don't want to change it too often as I imagine the connections get loose over time.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #9,334 of 9,690
  Well I am back to the original setup, right side on the right cable, R on headphone facing R on cable and the same for the left side. I don't want to change it too often as I imagine the connections get loose over time.

Mine were fine for a few swaps. I wouldn't worry about doing it a handfull of times; remember that the cables are designed to be replaced.

Where people really run into trouble is using cables designed for Westone instead of specifically UE TF10/SF5 - the Westone pins are slightly thicker and longer, which can give the TF10 a loose fit with cables designed for it over time.

I've messed with the cable plenty on mine and haven't had any issues. That doesn't mean you won't, necessarily, but take it FWIW; most people don't seem to have that problem unless they're using old Westone-style cables.

Aug 7, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #9,335 of 9,690
So am I'm listening to Chinese fakes or are the newer version just not as good? All the shops I talk to tell me the there are two versions and the 2nd are not as good.

I've had a pair Triple-Fis for seven years. They are sonically impressive in every way possible, but I've accidentally washed them in my pants pockets three times. So, now they are starting to lose bass and the left side stopped outputting anything above 13,400 Hz. I've tried five different pair by either order them on Amazon (used/second owner) or by trying them in stores, and they always sound horrible. They have no real power or sonic impact. No bass no highs, they always sound really really bad. I tried changing tips and using my current cable. With no avail, they aways sound horrible.

Aug 8, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #9,336 of 9,690
So am I'm listening to Chinese fakes or are the newer version just not as good? All the shops I talk to tell me the there are two versions and the 2nd are not as good.

I've had a pair Triple-Fis for seven years. They are sonically impressive in every way possible, but I've accidentally washed them in my pants pockets three times. So, now they are starting to lose bass and the left side stopped outputting anything above 13,400 Hz. I've tried five different pair by either order them on Amazon (used/second owner) or by trying them in stores, and they always sound horrible. They have no real power or sonic impact. No bass no highs, they always sound really really bad. I tried changing tips and using my current cable. With no avail, they aways sound horrible.

Kinda obvious, but stop storing headphones in your pants pockets

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #9,339 of 9,690
Kinda obvious, but stop storing headphones in your pants pockets

I thought it was kind of obvious that I didn't ask how to keep from washing my headphones. But since you're going to stick your neck out and answer a question I didn't ask like some overly pompous superior being that never makes mistakes. I will tell you how they became washed. Before I was married my habit was to always check my pants pockets before washing them. I never washed anything in 37 years, yet after I married, my wife didn't/doesn't have this habit and accidentally were washed my phones. Instead of trying to place blame on her or myself, I thought I would just go on the Internet and asking an informed question in the hopes of getting an informed answer. I should've known I would've just received some to-bit chump trash talking.

You should keep up this habit of giving out uselessly wonderful advice on the Internet. I'm sure it's going to really send you far in this world.

But seriously, does anyone have information about there being a newer versions VS an original version of this headphone?
Is it true, they produced two versions of this iPhone?
Or have I just been seeing a lot of Chinese counterfeits?

Thank you.

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #9,340 of 9,690
I think there was some debate as to another version the tf15 for Asian markets maybe? They appeared too be the same as the mobile version with Mic.

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #9,341 of 9,690

Strange, both versions are legit and should sound similar. I guess when you bought those used pairs may be either drivers are gone or filters are clogged.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #9,345 of 9,690
  Are there any cables identical/similar to the westone epic cable? 

Don't quote me in this, but I think the 1964 Ears cables are the same: https://www.1964ears.com/product/Replacement-Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back