Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #9,198 of 9,690
Jan 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #9,204 of 9,690
Nothing proves the axiom 'different strokes for different folks' for me more than the subject of TF10's and comply tips.  So many users swear by them and yet I've read equal amounts of criticism against them.  I'm part of the latter group.  Putting a piece of sponge/foam material between the IEM and your ears seems counter-intuitive to me, it muffles the sound.  That said, UE provided them as part of the original kit, along with the silicone tips (my preference), so go figure! 

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #9,205 of 9,690
Nothing proves the axiom 'different strokes for different folks' for me more than the subject of TF10's and comply tips.  So many users swear by them and yet I've read equal amounts of criticism against them.  I'm part of the latter group.  Putting a piece of sponge/foam material between the IEM and your ears seems counter-intuitive to me, it muffles the sound.  That said, UE provided them as part of the original kit, along with the silicone tips (my preference), so go figure! 

I personally think the original silicone is perfecf ultimate ears got it right with them. I am with you i cannnot stand comply tips in my ears and hate them with the tf10. They might be good for bass extention but kill the mid range and treble. Not to mention they dont last very long to make them something is worth getting acustom to...for me i can wear the medium or large silicone for more noise islation and they are perfect.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #9,206 of 9,690
I personally think the original silicone is perfecf ultimate ears got it right with them. I am with you i cannnot stand comply tips in my ears and hate them with the tf10. They might be good for bass extention but kill the mid range and treble. Not to mention they dont last very long to make them something is worth getting acustom to...for me i can wear the medium or large silicone for more noise islation and they are perfect.

You right.
TF10 Silicon Eartips is the best, I even used it with my Fitear 334 and Fitear 111.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #9,208 of 9,690
I have to say I have a complete disappointment with the TripleFi 10, actually its "chinese market" version
TripleFi 15. I wanted to switch ports and tried to remove one port from its wire. I did not use extreme force
(although I sometimes happen to break door keys, etc. I am a piano player), and I was left with two wires
from one of the ports torn from the inside. This has completely killed the earphones. Cost me $225 in China
a few years back. I could not believe that a product of this cost would be constructed in such a flimsy way.
I am convinced its a real UE earphone, not an imitation: I realized there is nothing much I could do with it
and cracked it open. Yes, it has the dual armature and single armature. Anyhow, I never liked much
this one. I could at least reuse the filters I got from it on my old Etymotic HF5. Actually, I put the red
filter instead of the provided green ones, and got a wonderful bass-full sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back