Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 1, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #8,521 of 9,690
I forgot to mention. You can order any combination/size you want, so it actually works out better then Sony branded hybrids which only offer you one set  of each, which in turn usually only one sizes fits anyway. 

Hmm..... that's really a good deal. almost M sizes fits most of our ear canals and mine. so I would order 3 prs M.
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #8,523 of 9,690
Just wondering... I've got the TripleFi 10, a newer revision. It's packaged in the newer Logitech UE packaging like the UE 900 (which I have).

I was wondering whether there was a renaming done that changed what was the TripleFi 10 Pro into what is written in this "newer" packaging, the TripleFi 10 (only). It's MSRP, as listed, was the exact same as the TripleFi 10 Pro I saw with the older, grey/blue packaging.

Put simply, I'm asking whether it's the one and the same thing.

P.S. This one has 1) an L-jack and 2) a very good feeling cable. It isn't as dodgy as the one that the UE 600 I had had. It's rather solid. Not as solid as my ER-4PT. It's thinner, but made of the same material.

EDIT: NVM. I saw another post asking the exact same thing seconds after I wrote this. I'd leave it here if anyone is interested.

To clarify, it's the same thing. Logitech dropped the "Pro" to reduce confusion with its CIEM line.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #8,524 of 9,690
I actually remember when UE ran the contest to name them on here back in the day. And the "pro" is what won. I think many of us (including me) suggested Triple.fi 10.

But I digress. Thank you for all those that suggested the sony hybrids. I never would have thought they could fit. I have actually placed an order for a 3.ai because, try as I might, I couldn't ever get comfortable with the tf10. Tried S and T complies, homemade tips and all that came with them. Had them for years and was about to let them go to fund the purchase but they have been reborn. I suppose I'll compare before letting either go.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #8,527 of 9,690
I always liked the olives the best, but they were a pain to get on the TF10 nozzle and it was a bit worrying since the nozzles are a weak spot for the TF10.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,528 of 9,690
  I always liked the olives the best, but they were a pain to get on the TF10 nozzle and it was a bit worrying since the nozzles are a weak spot for the TF10.

yeah i dont think i would chance that shoot they are hard enough to get off of the ie they were designed for let alone one with a much larger nozzle.

i can get away from the stock tips, they really with me and for me, given the design of the nozzle i think personally that its most important to have a large open on the bore of the tip, i think this helps with the mids and highs.

i tried the sony's hybrids and wasnt impressed they are soft but they arent for me.

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #8,529 of 9,690
Just received my replacement FiiO RC-UE2 cable. I picked it because of the name as well as it seems to be one of the less costly options. My (second) stock cable died on the left side around the memory wire so I was required to purchase a new cable.

General impressions are that it is quite microphonic. It comes with a clip to attach it to your shirt to reduce this effect. Treble sparkle is more present and the mids are a bit less metallic. No plans for any further comparisons as my stock cable is damaged and I don't want to risk damaging the sockets by fiddling with the cables. Overall satisfied.

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #8,530 of 9,690
Just received my replacement FiiO RC-UE2 cable. I picked it because of the name as well as it seems to be one of the less costly options. My (second) stock cable died on the left side around the memory wire so I was required to purchase a new cable.

General impressions are that it is quite microphonic. It comes with a clip to attach it to your shirt to reduce this effect. Treble sparkle is more present and the mids are a bit less metallic. No plans for any further comparisons as my stock cable is damaged and I don't want to risk damaging the sockets by fiddling with the cables. Overall satisfied.

It is indeed microphonic. I prefer my Sunricky Dark Lord cable I got from eBay, which I thinkvis better sounding and less microphonic. However, I don't actually use either, I use a spare cable I got with my Cosmic Ears customs and that is not microphonic at all and sounds excellent.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #8,535 of 9,690
Price has gone up as they become more scarce, I've seen them on the boards recently for $150-$160.  What's interesting is price of TF10 has gone up, while the W3 price has come down a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back