Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #6,751 of 9,690
Quote:
Just received my pair today, already have a couple hours in them, and I can't get enough.  The detail is great.  The V-shape really doesn't bother me, not even as noticeable as I thought it would be.    So far, they're great.  The Comply tips are the way to go, can't get a seal with the silicon ones.  I do have to say that they don't seem to seal as tight as the V-Modas that I used to have, but they sound great.  They definitely are big, can understand why so many find them uncomfortable haha.  Related to above, I do wish they had maybe a slightly (very) more spread soundstage, but that's honestly the only thing I can think of at this point.  Now I just need the vi cable, I already miss the controls, and I know I'll miss the mic soon enough.

Listen to Nero's 'Crush on you' with TF10. Brace yourself for the non existent sub-bass. 
wink.gif
 I still really enjoy my pair of TF10 however, their separation between low and mid frequency's still impresses me greatly, bass just sits on it's own punching away, thier treble makes my eardrum tingle. They just roll off really early downstairs due to the BA drivers. I'll never part with my pair, they're very relaxing. I didn't find the mid range as recessed as people said, but when you put it up against something like GRO7 it really stands out.

Great IEM!  

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #6,752 of 9,690
Haha will do, I had the exact same reaction to the base.  Separation is great, and it literally makes you feel like there's a pair of subs inside your head.  Love it.  Best part is that detail/separation/definition don't suffer as a result.  I'm going to like these a lot.

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #6,753 of 9,690
Quote:
Listen to Nero's 'Crush on you' with TF10. Brace yourself for the non existent sub-bass. 
wink.gif
 I still really enjoy my pair of TF10 however, their separation between low and mid frequency's still impresses me greatly, bass just sits on it's own punching away, thier treble makes my eardrum tingle. They just roll off really early downstairs due to the BA drivers. I'll never part with my pair, they're very relaxing. I didn't find the mid range as recessed as people said, but when you put it up against something like GRO7 it really stands out.

Great IEM!  

Eke should be happy, we have another TF10 -> GR07 member ;D Everyone talk about TF10 mids and GR07 subbass after hearing them both lol...

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #6,755 of 9,690
Hey all,

Just have a quick question about the tips for the TF10s. I've been using the Monster SuperTips for a while, but they're not the most comfortable things in the world. I find myself still thinking the Klipsch S4s are still the most comfortable IEMs I've ever had. So, my question is are there any small bi-flange or triple flange tips that fit the TF10s? The small triple flange Monster tip is ok, but still a little bit big. A size similar to the small Klipsch bi-flange would be perfect.

Thanks!

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #6,757 of 9,690
Quote:
Could always reshell them perhaps?

It works out a lot more expensive than getting some alternative tips though. I looked into re shelling my TF10's for a while, but it seemed like a fair amount to spend. You can get a pair of GR07's and a decent take away meal for the cost of a reshell ;D Mmmmm - sub bassey!

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #6,758 of 9,690
Quote:
Hey all,

Just have a quick question about the tips for the TF10s. I've been using the Monster SuperTips for a while, but they're not the most comfortable things in the world. I find myself still thinking the Klipsch S4s are still the most comfortable IEMs I've ever had. So, my question is are there any small bi-flange or triple flange tips that fit the TF10s? The small triple flange Monster tip is ok, but still a little bit big. A size similar to the small Klipsch bi-flange would be perfect.

Thanks!

Klipsch gives good fit and comfort is also good, me too use bi-flange small.

I did try many tips on TF10 and found sony hybrid are best for both comfort and SQ, I use big size from sony hybrid.

they do not isolate well enough for noisy area ...for street use they are good ....

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #6,759 of 9,690
I actually find them quite isolating, more than to GR07... Is it just me?

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #6,761 of 9,690
Well I was using small tips at first, now I'm using Large Sony Hybrids. I started with PL50 small stock tips, now I have to use MONSTER SUPERTIPS LL FOAM tips!!!

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #6,763 of 9,690
Just received my Lune cable one week after it has been posted! It was a nice surpise as I had been expecting it was going to be needed a lot more time to arrive.

Well, no words! I'm feeling I'm re-inveting my TF10s so far! The mids have come in front while the highs have been a little bit tamed resulting in a non-fatigueing signature. OK, sure thing,  I'm going to need a lot more time to  form a safe opinion but so far, I'm absolutely delighted!

The fact that attracts even more the attention is the quality of the cable iteself! Lightweight, beautifully seathed, nice looking and touching! Its usefulness and quality alone worth every penny spent. It's really what I have dreamt of!  At last I can enjoy my favourite IEMs without that..stock nightmare.

A big thanks to one and all of you who have helped me to choose. Thanks for your advice guys!

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #6,764 of 9,690
Quote:
Just received my Lune cable one week after it has been posted! It was a nice surpise as I had been expecting it was going to be needed a lot more time to arrive.

Well, no words! I'm feeling I'm re-inveting my TF10s so far! The mids have come in front while the highs have been a little bit tamed resulting in a non-fatigueing signature. OK, sure thing,  I'm going to need a lot more time to  form a safe opinion but so far, I'm absolutely delighted!

The fact that attracts even more the attention is the quality of the cable iteself! Lightweight, beautifully seathed, nice looking and touching! Its usefulness and quality alone worth every penny spent. It's really what I have dreamt of!  At last I can enjoy my favourite IEMs without that..stock nightmare.

A big thanks to one and all of you who have helped me to choose. Thanks for your advice guys!

Sorry for ruining your fun here... but the changes in SQ are most likely phycological effects.
Cables can only affect SQ in some special occasions (e.g. cable length > 100m)
but definitely not the cable connecting to your earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back