Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #6,766 of 9,690
Well, OK, it can be just an impression of mine... Time will show and prove this wrong or right.

Undeniably, for the time being,  the "V signature" of the TF10s has gone... This can't be just an impression as it is one of the most  common things the Tripel Fi 10 user comes across when using these specific IEMs for the very first time - me included.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #6,767 of 9,690
Quote:
Don't go ruining other people's fun, boy.

Yeah, There should be a truth-free thread somewhere on head-fi for audiophiles who just want to have fun with their gear. (being serious.)
I was having quite a lot of fun until the audiophile in me was crushed by the sad, sad truth.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #6,768 of 9,690
Yeah, There should be a truth-free thread somewhere on head-fi for audiophiles who just want to have fun with their gear. (being serious.)
I was having quite a lot of fun until the audiophile in me was crushed by the sad, sad truth.

There is: the high-end forum is made specifically for that purpose.

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #6,769 of 9,690
Hahaha yeah sometimes it can look like that.

I've noticed that these can be difficult to get a seal with, although the Comply tips feel pretty good.  I've seen custom tips before, but I can't remember where.  Where's the best place to get them?

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #6,771 of 9,690
Quote:
Klipsch gives good fit and comfort is also good, me too use bi-flange small.

I did try many tips on TF10 and found sony hybrid are best for both comfort and SQ, I use big size from sony hybrid.

they do not isolate well enough for noisy area ...for street use they are good ....

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

I actually used Sony Hybrids for a while -- the smalls though. I decided to try again and I'm using the medium tips now... they're actually perfect. Should've tried this earlier. I've only been wearing them for a bit though, so hopefully it won't get bad.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #6,772 of 9,690
Quote:
The VI cable doesn't have controls. It only has a mic and is thinner and more flexible.

Damn I thought it did.  Ok.  I've seen the cable that Westone makes that does have a three button remote and a mic, but they say it has echoing problems with iPhones.  I won't even go into how stupid that seems that they're basically telling the largest single group of smartphone users not to bother, but if it's not that bad I think I could live with it.  Anybody here use their Epic Mics cable?  Also, I heard that Westone cable pins are just the smallest bit too big for a TF, is that true?

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #6,774 of 9,690
Quote:
hmm, do the Vi Cables have memory wire before the pins? How durable are the Vis

it's the exact same cable, so yes. Durable, probably not. Any complaint against the regular cables would also apply to the Vi cables.

Also good to see you again :)

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #6,775 of 9,690
Quote:

Sorry for ruining your fun here... but the changes in SQ are most likely phycological effects.
Cables can only affect SQ in some special occasions (e.g. cable length > 100m)
but definitely not the cable connecting to your earphones.

Oh.. are people out there still doing this? 

On the SR-60 and SR-80 Grados, the only difference was the cable back in the day and that made a solid difference.

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #6,776 of 9,690
Quote:
Oh.. are people out there still doing this? 

On the SR-60 and SR-80 Grados, the only difference was the cable back in the day and that made a solid difference.

Not very convincing, after seeing your custom title.

But it really depends if you just want to have fun and enjoy this hobby or if you're serious about audio itself. 

People should have the right to know that it doesn't make a difference electronically.

That is not to say you can't believe using fancy cables make your music sounds better,
because at the end of the day what matters is that you enjoy your music and is happy with it.

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #6,777 of 9,690
I don't know about upgrade cables. I would like to someone to explain how it can make improvements when for example TF10 still terminate into the red and green wire attached to their socket? Wouldn't that just cancel any effect a cable has once the signal hits that section? I have wondered this..... I want to believe!! 

I do however believe interconnect cables change the sound, it's fairly noticeable to me when switching between them. 

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #6,778 of 9,690
Quote:

it's the exact same cable, so yes. Durable, probably not. Any complaint against the regular cables would also apply to the Vi cables.

Also good to see you again :)

I'm not really sure, many said its softer and thinner, and a couple of pictures seem like there's no memory wire around that area. My stock cables are actually holding out pretty well, its been 6 months of daily use i think, and its still holding strong but getting too annoying. 

yeah, its great to see you again!

Quote:

Not very convincing, after seeing your custom title.

But it really depends if you just want to have fun and enjoy this hobby or if you're serious about audio itself. 

People should have the right to know that it doesn't make a difference electronically.

That is not to say you can't believe using fancy cables make your music sounds better,
because at the end of the day what matters is that you enjoy your music and is happy with it.

It's frankly hard to tell, i for one believe that sound changes with different cables of different materials. I've got chris's cables and they make the tf10 sound nothing like stock. 
It could be placebo, perhaps, but either way there's still differences. Have you tried out a silver cable yourself?

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #6,779 of 9,690
Quote:
I don't know about upgrade cables. I would like to someone to explain how it can make improvements when for example TF10 still terminate into the red and green wire attached to their socket? Wouldn't that just cancel any effect a cable has once the signal hits that section? I have wondered this..... I want to believe!! 

I do however believe interconnect cables change the sound, it's fairly noticeable to me when switching between them. 

I believe cables do change the sound... if you want to test it... I can send you the "Furutech TF10 cable"... swap out the stock cable for the Furutech... and listen to the mids move just a hair if at all forward, but the bass nearly disappear.  Micro details seem a little better (probably due to lack of bass), but in the end... a worse cable than stock.  Totally not worth a purchase IMHO.

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #6,780 of 9,690
Quote:
I believe cables do change the sound... if you want to test it... I can send you the "Furutech TF10 cable"... swap out the stock cable for the Furutech... and listen to the mids move just a hair if at all forward, but the bass nearly disappear.  Micro details seem a little better (probably due to lack of bass), but in the end... a worse cable than stock.  Totally not worth a purchase IMHO.

I have the Furtech cable here which I bought from ebay, it was pre molded ready for the TF10 to go on,( meaning the cable already had the ear curve) I discovered after using a multi meter that whoever made that cable had deliberately reversed the polarity in their design, they claimed it gave more bass and better highs when all it was doing was reversing the polarity to the stock cable.

I wouldn't be surprised if your's is backwards... That I do believe changes the sound.  I couldn't spin the connector around as they were pre molded one way only, unless I heated them up to bend the ear curve around they had to be wired reverse polarity.  

Oh and, thank you for the offer my friend, Very nice of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back