Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #301 of 9,690
Typical, I've just received my T400's and then read about the T500's, I'll try these for now and see what they're like, as the T500's don't seem to be a big step up from what I've read.

May 15, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #302 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the T-500 a few days ago,for my upcoming triple.fi.When they do come,I can compare them to my T-400 that I use with my Denons C551,if your interested...

Very interested, thanks! In particular, I'd like to know if they are the same size as T400s (widthwise). I could stand them a little wider...

Going to get out my T400 again, for a final shakedown. Maybe. Tempted to wait til I hear your impressions of the 500
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #303 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Typical, I've just received my T400's and then read about the T500's, I'll try these for now and see what they're like, as the T500's don't seem to be a big step up from what I've read.

I read it was mainly a change in the core, but I live in hope they're just a teensy bit wider overall to seal my seemingly cavernous canals!

May 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #304 of 9,690
Anyone ordered the T500's yet? I'm really interested in hearing how they are compared to the T400, as I had one "big" issue with them. The problem I experienced is that the T400 tip's stick out a bit further from the soundbore than the stock foam/silicone tips. This make the highs sound a tad muffled. Not much, but enough that I swithed back to the stock medium silicone tip's. Otherwise they were fine. A bit better comfort and more sound isolation than the stock silicones.

May 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #305 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosgis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone ordered the T500's yet?

Read a couple of posts behind yours and there are a couple of people who have ordered it and/or already in possession of it.
wink.gif

May 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #306 of 9,690
Ok, just spent some time with the T-500's, the inner circle is different over the T-400 which makes for an easier removal besides that there is not much else different from what I can tell with the time spent with them. I will have a better idea in the coming days.

May 15, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #307 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, just spent some time with the T-500's, the inner circle is different over the T-400 which makes for an easier removal besides that there is not much else different from what I can tell with the time spent with them. I will have a better idea in the coming days.

So there's really no change in sound signature and/or quality?

May 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #308 of 9,690
^ Oh. So, no wider and still wears out faster than a pair of slippers on a fell-runner?

But thanks for the initial impression, MM
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #309 of 9,690
I just receive my triple-fi this week. As expected, all of their ear bud are quite uncomfortable. The sound i get is not much impressive as I thought i would be. The detail of the sound is great. I do not know how to describe...

I order some of the shure foam olive. I took the inner core and slip the foam over the triple-fi. The inner core is really hard to separate. I use a small knife (swiss).

They feel a lot better. Sound better? Not so sure.

At the end, i like the foam from shure and do not think i will go back to my UE ear bud ever.

May 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #310 of 9,690
In my experience, the impressiveness of Triple Fi grows on you after a day or so...or less! Give it time
smily_headphones1.gif

The comfort? Bit of a lottery. They fit me perfectly, but unfortunately not true for everybody apparently.

And - Welcome to Head Fi! You're starting off a fair way up the food chain!

May 17, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #311 of 9,690
Hi, I recently received my TF 10 and I am very happy with them, they sound good, and they are pretty comfortful too! I don't know why everybody complains about their comfort, i have them flip flopped and I almost don't feel them in my ear. And they block a lot of outside noise. Their form factor is good for me, because I had an ear surgery and now my right ear has a bit of bone cut. Overall, my impression of them is really good.

May 17, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #312 of 9,690
I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Triple.fi 10 but am terribly confused about the replaceability of the interconnect. Their website is beyond ambiguous on the question. My kitty loves, I mean loves to chew through cords and hence, I have a yes/no question:

If my cable is destroyed, can I purchase a Replacement Cable - 36" #1 $20 and DIY without plugging in my soldering iron? Yes, I buy them - no, I don't.

A related query - is there a superior 3d party cable to the one provided by Ultimate Ears for their Triple.fi 10? I am ampless. They will be driven strictly by my iAudio I7 w/ 26mW + 26mW across 16 Ohms.

May 17, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #313 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by MWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A related query - is there a superior 3d party cable to the one provided by Ultimate Ears for their Triple.fi 10?

Yes,the Westone ES cable.There are a few threads here describing how to slightly modify the cable,for it to fit the Triple.fi 10 firmly.

May 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #314 of 9,690
Quote:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Triple.fi 10 but am terribly confused about the replaceability of the interconnect. Their website is beyond ambiguous on the question. My kitty loves, I mean loves to chew through cords and hence, I have a yes/no question:

If my cable is destroyed, can I purchase a Replacement Cable - 36" #1 $20 and DIY without plugging in my soldering iron? Yes, I buy them - no, I don't.

A related query - is there a superior 3d party cable to the one provided by Ultimate Ears for their Triple.fi 10? I am ampless. They will be driven strictly by my iAudio I7 w/ 26mW + 26mW across 16 Ohms.

Its a total 'plug and unplug' situation. Its like unplugging your mini jack from your DAP. Easy as pie, not a soldering iron in sight.

And as stated above, some prefer the westone ES cable. the pins need very slight modification, but its very easy. You can also get custom cables from Jaben as far as i am aware.

May 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #315 of 9,690
Quote:

x2 with J.D.N -it is as easy as easy can be. Don't be rough tho, just a gentle pull will do it.

The Westone ES is superior in terms of comfort if you find the stock cable a little noticeable. I have both, but am tending now to use the stock more & more as I don't find its comfort an issue. The Westone does feel like it disappears in use, but I'll probably sell mine soon...I didn't notice a change in sound between them (but I wasn't particularly doing a comparison).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back