May 14, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #286 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My TF tips (sort of rotation! Currently E2c clear):
Olives
Comply T400
Ety ER6 foamies
Shure E2c clear rubber

Thanks for sharing! Too bad I have the E3c clear rubber.

Also, thanks Flavio for the response! I too asked for the differences and got the same email response as you but you beat me. :p

I just ordered the T-500 from their website and will let you know if they are good. It might take a week or so because I'm in Canada and I didn't pay for express shipping.
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #287 of 9,690
I am glad to hear the T-500's will have an easier time to remove since that was the biggest complaint we received from them. Our stock comes in tomorrow so I can't wait to test them out.

May 14, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #288 of 9,690
Quote:

I just ordered the T-500 from their website and will let you know if they are good. It might take a week or so because I'm in Canada and I didn't pay for express shipping.

a friend of mine got it in four business day with no express shipping, and we are in Brazil.
if you are as lucky as him, you will get it tomorrow since you are in north america

May 15, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #289 of 9,690
Quote:

^ At the moment, definitely Shure E2c clear rubber. They seem to offer me the best seal, preserve the highs & give a good solid bass.
Before them I used Olives or T400: olives had superb bass & I really liked them for awhile, but they seemed to rob treble a little, as did T400 + the latter were a bit on the small side for my right ear canal. I will revisit both these tips tho...
Then the ER6 foamies: sounded great the first day I tried them, very strange the next. Don't know why, & can't really explain it -they were just...meh...I won't be returning to them (for Triple Fi!). Next was the clear Shure (following FeedMeTrance's lead) and have stuck with them for the last few days....so far, I'm impressed.

Edit\ and with the olives & T400, to get a good seal I could feel the end of the cores sometimes. Not painful but not nice! I still think both tips are worth investigating as all ears differ
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm using the T400 with my denon c700 right now. they seem to push back the mids, compared to the stock silicon buds; quite undecided on how they respond with the TF10 since i only managed to audition those tips with the TF for a short while.

do let us know what you think when u try your comply tips again! they seem to be the tips of choice for most TF head-fiers.
wink.gif
or perhaps they just haven't tried the e2c silicon tips

May 15, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #290 of 9,690
May 15, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #291 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am glad to hear the T-500's will have an easier time to remove since that was the biggest complaint we received from them. Our stock comes in tomorrow so I can't wait to test them out.

Let us know how they are Michael.

May 15, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #292 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.com: Shure PA757M Medium Flex Sleeves for Shure E2c Sound-Isolating Earphones (5 Pairs): Electronics
these are the famous E2C sleeves, right?
guys, with my EX90 I prefer the LARGE sony rubbers, because it fits my ear canal very sturdy and provides better seal, AND COMFORT
so, should I buy Large tips for my future triples also? maybe the phones are different form.
I dont want to try medium and dont feel the seal!

Flavio - they are indeed. I always used mediums on all my IEMs, but to get a good seal on Trips w/the Shure clear, I had to go large. Don't know why, ear canals stretching? At my age, doubtful... If you are using other large tips already, I'd stick with that size. Bear in mind, these are not soft Flex. They're pretty sturdy rubber. Some found them uncomfortable w/ E2c...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let us know how they are Michael.

x2!

May 15, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #293 of 9,690
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it, but what i ended up doing to get a good fit was to mod the foamies that came with my Ety E6i's. I pulled the foam off the inner plastic tube then trimmed not quite half off the length until they fit my Super fi's perfectly. Now I use them on my triple fi's and they even look neat.

May 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #294 of 9,690
^ with no core, or you put the core back in?

Edit\ I don't think 6i cores would fit the bore of Triple Fi?

May 15, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #295 of 9,690
Quote:

Flavio - they are indeed. I always used mediums on all my IEMs, but to get a good seal on Trips w/the Shure clear, I had to go large. Don't know why, ear canals stretching? At my age, doubtful... If you are using other large tips already, I'd stick with that size. Bear in mind, these are not soft Flex. They're pretty sturdy rubber. Some found them uncomfortable w/ E2c...

x2!

hmm... the sonys im using now are very very soft, feels like butter. maybe that is why I like them large. for studdier ones like the E2C, maybe medium is more adequate.
I have yet to decide what tips to purchase with my Triple.. T500, Olives or E2C? :p

May 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #296 of 9,690
^ Wait and try the stock tips first? Plenty of time to experiment after!

edit\ I thought the stock silicon were OK.

May 15, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #299 of 9,690
I ordered the T-500 a few days ago,for my upcoming triple.fi.When they do come,I can compare them to my T-400 that I use with my Denons C551,if your interested...

May 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #300 of 9,690
I lost one of my bi-flanges the other day and while i wait for replacements im using the standard UE silicon ones, medium i think. But SO uncomfortable! I dont know if it's just cos im not used to them, but they really arent very nice. The Bi's melt into my ear, these just seem to sit there and at times plain irritate me!

Hope postage is quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back