Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 25, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #331 of 9,690
It all just goes to show I guess -different strokes...I have never had a problem with fit, or memory cable, or indeed mids. Yes, I did play around with tips for quite awhile, but I don't know too many IEM owners that don't...
But yes indeed, if you can, get a listen to as many of the major players as possible. Helps to identify your preferred presentation, rather than follow the herd (if I could get that in iambic pentameter, it'd scan, lol.)

@ the eleven: you don't love The Dead on Triple Fi? Wow, I find them wonderful in their presentation of all my Dead stuff.
Your preference in music seems suited absolutely for Triple Fi. Ah well, win some lose some. Give them a little while....They don't change w/ time IME, but you realise after awhile what they're doing that is so right
biggrin.gif
To my ears at least.

May 26, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #333 of 9,690
Well, I just put on the dunce cap.

After hours of listening, then re-reading this entire thread, and the descriptions of the sound of the triple's, and wondering what was going on, I glanced down at the interface between the extension cable and the regular cable, I noticed some metal showing..... had not pushed the two connectors fully together. DOH!

Now I am drinking the full Kool-Aid. WOW. These totally crush my SR-80's

Hearing a deep, wide, soundstage. Articulate, very detailed, smooth, & balanced sound. Taut bass, well integrated into the mix. Very musical presentation.

Actually can't stop listening to music. Always the best sign of good gear.

If they sound this good straight out of a computer, they must be mind blowing with an amp such as the Predator.

May 26, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #334 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After hours of listening, then re-reading this entire thread, and the descriptions of the sound of the triple's, and wondering what was going on, I glanced down at the interface between the extension cable and the regular cable, I noticed some metal showing..... had not pushed the two connectors fully together. DOH!

Hearing a deep, wide, soundstage. Articulate, very detailed, smooth, & balanced sound. Taut bass, well integrated into the mix. Very musical presentation.

If they sound this good straight out of a computer, they must be mind blowing with an amp such as the Predator.

LOL! that must have been pleasing.. to connect the metal the right way and WOW!

May 26, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #335 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

brave to admit it!

actually ive done it a couple of times!

May 26, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #336 of 9,690
Yeah, the eleven, it's happened to us all no doubt...glad to hear you're now truly hearing what sonic goodies Triple Fi bring to the table. And I'll bet the Dead are sounding real nice too
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #337 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I'll bet the Dead are sounding real nice too
biggrin.gif

Old men sing about their dreams,
women laugh and children scream,
and the band keeps playing on....

May 26, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #338 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn-in your mind, listen to them for one or two weeks before making your definitive statements.

My mind is now fully burned in, and I can definitively say that they are as awesome a piece of audio gear as I have ever purchased!

May 26, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #339 of 9,690
So FlavioWolff, are you persuaded yet? You finally going to get yourself some Triple Fi sweetness?

May 27, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #340 of 9,690
Undecised as always. Ive gone through full sized cans research, but I realised IEMs are my thing, I love portability after all.
As of which IEM to buy (UM2, T-Fi, SE530), I already know the sonic characteristics of all three, and at the day of the purchase I'll get what my heart tells.

May 27, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #341 of 9,690
Quote:

Undecised as always. Ive gone through full sized cans research, but I realised IEMs are my thing, I love portability after all.
As of which IEM to buy (UM2, T-Fi, SE530), I already know the sonic characteristics of all three, and at the day of the purchase I'll get what my heart tells.

I'll tell you right now that the UM2 is too laid back and like a Sennheiser to enjoy your music genres.

And I would also say the same for Shure E500/SE530, albeit less bloat.

IMO, you need the extending highs for such genres, and the triple.fi is the only one you listed that I know that can really pull it off without the help of added cables or amps.

May 27, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #342 of 9,690
just thought I would point out that earphonesolutions has 15% off everything on their site and this includes the Triple.fi. Considering their price is already below retail its a solid deal. Im guessing like 30-35 less than the soundearphones deal.

May 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #344 of 9,690
Quote:

Earphonesolutions is the best place to get the triple.fis right now
Guys, how is triple.fi for working out?

TBH, I wouldn't wear ANY kind of high-class/high value IEM while working out. You'd hear the thumping of the cable every second.

Best you buy a pair of Yuin PK3 for working out.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back