Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #2,821 of 9,690
to whoever was talking about the hybrids..

IMG00580.jpg

horrible quality but im in a place where lighting is bad and its a phone camera pic...ill post a better one when i get home

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #2,823 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to whoever was talking about the hybrids..

IMG00580.jpg

horrible quality but im in a place where lighting is bad and its a phone camera pic...ill post a better one when i get home

Good God! Can you even walk through a doorway wearing those things?

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #2,824 of 9,690
haha good thing there arent many doorways to go thru :] its actually not that bad for me. it doesn't stick out horizontally for me like frankenstein if that makes any sense. i swapped the left and right cables so the body of the tf10 is more like its parallel with my ears. however i may just end up getting these remolded in the future by UM but thats many months from now as i need to save up a bit for that.

edit: to Darius, I did a quick comparison and the small sony hybrids look similar in size to the stock UE tips if you wanted hybrids.

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #2,825 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good God! Can you even walk through a doorway wearing those things?

You do know those are the hybrids with the flanges turned up to show how they can go on the TF10s? The photo is so fuzzy, you might think that's how the tips look. Of course, your post may be humor, and if so, nevermind!
darthsmile.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #2,828 of 9,690
I just got a pair, and I like 'em! They came with a few of the Sony tips. They don't agree with me, my ears get sore. I had some left over comply's from my super.fi 5 pros. I like them much better. They sure are "fiddly" though, rolling them and all. I think a trip to the audiologist and Fisher Hearing is in my future with these... I just did the Frankenstein mod, I like them better reversed. I don't hear any noticable difference, and I like them a bit more flush to my ears.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #2,829 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm if i kinda find triplefi 10 having not enuff bass, i think re0 won't be much better? but well i heard that the fio e5 does help boosting the bass. Well what i find lacking in triplefi 10 was the lows (sorry donnoe if im getting my terms right, newbie here
biggrin.gif
)
and yea i made a purchase for the alessandro ms1 based on praises here, but didn't like it that much ><

damn i had planned triplefi 10 to be my last iem purchase, but looking at re0's 79 bucks deal, its so tempting T.T Another iem thats tempting me is the Ortofon e-Q7

I haven't heard the RE0 but I think the TF10 has A LOT of bass and I could hardly imagine wanting more. I don't call myself a basshead, but I do listen to some verry bassy music sometimes - DnB, Dubstep and so forth, so I also appreciate strong bass performance. However I did fiddle around with the EQ on my Cowon S9 to bring up the lower bass as best I could while toning down the mid-bass a little bit, you may not have that option with your player.

From everything I know of the RE0 (again, I haven't heard it) if the TF10 does not have enough bass for you then definitely stay away from the RE0 - all indications are that it has significantly LESS bass than the TF10. You might be looking for something more like the Futuresonics Atrio or one of the Sennheiser models (6/8).

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #2,830 of 9,690
i have both the RE0 and TF10. If you find the bass of the TF10 inadequate then you will be very disappointed with the RE0. I find the TF10 more than enough and sometimes a tad too much. The RE0 has less so I would steer clear of the RE0 if I was you. Amping the RE0 probably wouldn't make them adequate for you either.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #2,831 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair, and I like 'em! They came with a few of the Sony tips. They don't agree with me, my ears get sore. I had some left over comply's from my super.fi 5 pros. I like them much better. They sure are "fiddly" though, rolling them and all. I think a trip to the audiologist and Fisher Hearing is in my future with these... I just did the Frankenstein mod, I like them better reversed. I don't hear any noticable difference, and I like them a bit more flush to my ears.

They sometimes bother me as well. It's not constant but there have been 2-3 nights over the past few weeks where they just really make my ear sore when I'm wearing them reversed with the smaller orange tips. I use the next size up (which is green) when I wear them in the stock fashion, and that doesn't seem to bother me. I have to use the smaller size when reversed to get good isolation, when I use the larger greens they hardly isolate at all.

Anyway, I find switching them around and using the bigger tips helps when my ears get sore. I also think it would be less of a problem if I weren't using them all night at work and then again at home on my computer if I'm playing a game, etc. For this reason, I've decided to built a "home" rig with full sized headphones... it'll be good for my health. At least, that's the excuse
o2smile.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #2,832 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the RE0 but I think the TF10 has A LOT of bass and I could hardly imagine wanting more. I don't call myself a basshead, but I do listen to some verry bassy music sometimes - DnB, Dubstep and so forth, so I also appreciate strong bass performance. However I did fiddle around with the EQ on my Cowon S9 to bring up the lower bass as best I could while toning down the mid-bass a little bit, you may not have that option with your player.

From everything I know of the RE0 (again, I haven't heard it) if the TF10 does not have enough bass for you then definitely stay away from the RE0 - all indications are that it has significantly LESS bass than the TF10. You might be looking for something more like the Futuresonics Atrio or one of the Sennheiser models (6/8).

yea i guess i find tf10 to be lacking in the lower bass... i have tried the Atrios for a short while, liked the bass but not willing to spend 200 usd on it. i guess i ma stay away from re0 than and maybe plan for the Ortofon e-Q7 purchase XD

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #2,833 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Triples have a lot of bass, especially when amped.

does the tf10 go well with the fio e1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back