Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2,806 of 9,690
are u sure u got the hybrids? I got the hybrids and they take quite some effort to get on the UE nozzles but once they are on I have zero fear of them falling off since it was quite hard to get them on in the first place. Also they cover the entire nozzle for me. I could show a picture sometime later tonight if someone doesnt do it by the time I get home

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #2,807 of 9,690
^ hi rawrster, i see that you got both the re0 and triple fi10. I have the triple fi 10 and am thinking of getting the re0, as it gets so many great praises from head-fiers.

What are the major difference between these 2 earphones?
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #2,808 of 9,690
dj-nellie seems to be doin something wrong. You need to push them in all the way. You can lift the flanges and see that the core has gone all the way through. They are a bit hard to get on, but once u do they stay on, and I quite like them compared to the stock UE tips.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #2,809 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ hi rawrster, i see that you got both the re0 and triple fi10. I have the triple fi 10 and am thinking of getting the re0, as it gets so many great praises from head-fiers.

biggrin.gif

Its never a bad thing getting a pair of RE0's. But after moving from them to the TF10, I haven't really picked up the RE0's in almost a week (just grabbed my TF10's the other day). Perhaps the highs shine with a bit more sparkle on the RE0's but in overall presentation and soundstage the TF10's dominate the RE0's in this listeners' opinion.

I use my TF10's with the largest Sony Hybrid and my RE0's with the medium Sony Hybrid. Enjoy with either!!

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #2,810 of 9,690
Quote:

biggrin.gif

i havent done a a/b comparison between the two of them but I still do use both of them pretty regularly. I guess when you go from the RE0 to the TF10 or the other way around there are a couple of differences you should notice fairly quick. The bass is more prominent with the TF10 than the RE0. That doesn't mean that there is no bass like some people here have been saying but you feel the bass more with the TF10. The mids on the TF10 is quite recessed and I think that's what contributed to the much larger soundstage of the TF10. I am unable to listen to some tracks with the TF10 due to the recessed mids..it just feels strange and not natural. I like the highs better on the RE0 and vocals are just really smooth with the RE0. If it matters I'm using the hybrids on the TF10 and decored olives on the RE0. They are both great iem's and I wouldn't say one is better than the other for me at least. They just have a different presentation.

Depending on your tastes, the RE0 may or may not be for you. I wouldn't get an iem just because of its praises. Some people here at head-fi have made that mistake of getting something just because it is praised here. That doesn't mean its not good because I think they are an amazing value but I would look at what kind of qualities you want from an iem and then see if the reviews you have read on them match those qualities.

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #2,811 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezghan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its never a bad thing getting a pair of RE0's. But after moving from them to the TF10, I haven't really picked up the RE0's in almost a week (just grabbed my TF10's the other day). Perhaps the highs shine with a bit more sparkle on the RE0's but in overall presentation and soundstage the TF10's dominate the RE0's in this listeners' opinion.

I use my TF10's with the largest Sony Hybrid and my RE0's with the medium Sony Hybrid. Enjoy with either!!

Are they similar enough, so not to keep both of them? Not to say one is better than the other.

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2,812 of 9,690
hmm if i kinda find triplefi 10 having not enuff bass, i think re0 won't be much better? but well i heard that the fio e5 does help boosting the bass. Well what i find lacking in triplefi 10 was the lows (sorry donnoe if im getting my terms right, newbie here
biggrin.gif
)
and yea i made a purchase for the alessandro ms1 based on praises here, but didn't like it that much ><

damn i had planned triplefi 10 to be my last iem purchase, but looking at re0's 79 bucks deal, its so tempting T.T Another iem thats tempting me is the Ortofon e-Q7

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #2,813 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up Sony hybrids, but the cores (even on the biggest set) don't seem to be long enough to fully wrap onto the TF10 nozzles. If I push them down as far as they'll go, they're unevenly covering the nozzles. They sound decent, but when I took the TF10s out of my ears, the tips stayed in my ears. After I calmed down, I was able to remove the tips using tweezers. But overall, I'm somewhat disappointed. Am I missing something? How are you guys able to get the tips to cover the entire nozzle and stay in your ears? The only set I could even get to go onto the nozzles was the largest.

You are not getting them on the TF10 sound tube properly. If you are pushing them down as far as they will go, and the come off in your ears, they are not the real deal. I can also post a photo. No way can those puppies come off once they are on right. You have to roll them to get them started, and then you pull up the silicone (sleeve part) and push down until they cover the nozzle. Do it gently, and it will go on and stay on. Have never had a hybrid come off. Not sure why you can't get them on.

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #2,814 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i havent done a a/b comparison between the two of them but I still do use both of them pretty regularly. I guess when you go from the RE0 to the TF10 or the other way around there are a couple of differences you should notice fairly quick. The bass is more prominent with the TF10 than the RE0. That doesn't mean that there is no bass like some people here have been saying but you feel the bass more with the TF10. The mids on the TF10 is quite recessed and I think that's what contributed to the much larger soundstage of the TF10. I am unable to listen to some tracks with the TF10 due to the recessed mids..it just feels strange and not natural. I like the highs better on the RE0 and vocals are just really smooth with the RE0. If it matters I'm using the hybrids on the TF10 and decored olives on the RE0. They are both great iem's and I wouldn't say one is better than the other for me at least. They just have a different presentation.

Depending on your tastes, the RE0 may or may not be for you. I wouldn't get an iem just because of its praises. Some people here at head-fi have made that mistake of getting something just because it is praised here. That doesn't mean its not good because I think they are an amazing value but I would look at what kind of qualities you want from an iem and then see if the reviews you have read on them match those qualities.

Your point about being careful with a purchase despite HF praise is an excellent one. It's all about personal preference on sound sig, so people should seek out new IEMs based on their personal listening needs, etc. Buying on praise alone will get you on the "buy, try and sell" merry-go-round. I know, because I was on it. However, if you have the patience, and don't mind losing a little cash in the process, it's a blast.

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #2,815 of 9,690
Quote:

hmm if i kinda find triplefi 10 having not enuff bass, i think re0 won't be much better? but well i heard that the fio e5 does help boosting the bass. Well what i find lacking in triplefi 10 was the lows (sorry donnoe if im getting my terms right, newbie here
biggrin.gif
)
and yea i made a purchase for the alessandro ms1 based on praises here, but didn't like it that much ><

damn i had planned triplefi 10 to be my last iem purchase, but looking at re0's 79 bucks deal, its so tempting T.T Another iem thats tempting me is the Ortofon e-Q7

I think the triplefi has more than enough bass. could be a fit issue, but from what i've read, the re0 will definitely not have the bass you're looking for if the triplefis are not enough for you. If fit is definitely not a problem, then look at the superfi 5 extended bass earphones. Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Description - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #2,817 of 9,690
Ok, thanks guys--I got the hybrids to fit onto the nozzles. The key was to reverse the flange, which allows you to see how far the core is going onto the nozzle. Then I had to push the tip on while rotating the nozzle. I haven't ever had to reverse the flanges to insert any of the tips I have with any IEM, but I guess this is a unique combo.

Listening to the TF10s out of my D4 and iPod Touch LOD, I'm not quite sold on the sound. Treble sounds--in particular cymbals--seem a bit artificial and plastic-sounding. Overall, the sound seems a little hollow and distant. My main point of reference is Westone 3 with custom tips, but even with Complys I believe the W3 sounded more transparent and realistic. I'll have to do more comparisons, but my initial reaction is that Complys and the stock silicones sound better on the TF10 than the hybrids.

It might be that the largest tips are a little too big for me--I can feel them ever-so-slightly sliding slowly out of my ears. I don't have my mediums with me, so I'll try those later and report any improvements.

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #2,819 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks guys--I got the hybrids to fit onto the nozzles. The key was to reverse the flange, which allows you to see how far the core is going onto the nozzle. Then I had to push the tip on while rotating the nozzle. I haven't ever had to reverse the flanges to insert any of the tips I have with any IEM, but I guess this is a unique combo.

Listening to the TF10s out of my D4 and iPod Touch LOD, I'm not quite sold on the sound. Treble sounds--in particular cymbals--seem a bit artificial and plastic-sounding. Overall, the sound seems a little hollow and distant. My main point of reference is Westone 3 with custom tips, but even with Complys I believe the W3 sounded more transparent and realistic. I'll have to do more comparisons, but my initial reaction is that Complys and the stock silicones sound better on the TF10 than the hybrids.

It might be that the largest tips are a little too big for me--I can feel them ever-so-slightly sliding slowly out of my ears. I don't have my mediums with me, so I'll try those later and report any improvements.

Sounds good. Maybe the TF10s are not you cup of tea, or don't match up well with your sources. Or maybe the W3 sound is just something you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back