Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #2,596 of 9,690
According to the eBay seller posted earlier, you get 9 pairs/18 tips. By default you get 3 pairs of S, M, and L each but they say you can customize and get what you need, so you could get 18 medium sized tips.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #2,597 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh okay thanks

now im torn whether to find the 'real' hybrids or jus go with the ebay knockoffs...

These should be the real ones.
SONY EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbud Cusions - eBay (item 390129427492 end time Jan-08-10 13:01:43 PST)
From what I know there exist total of 7 different sizes of hybrid tips, but you need buy an iem like the EX700 to get them all. Sony only sell these 4 sizes as spare parts.
I gave these a shot. Probably they will fit more of my iems.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #2,598 of 9,690
Picked up mine from Best Buy for $7.99 + tax IIRC. Seems a bit high considering only 2 sizes really fit my ears. But then again, it does boost the sound quality a bit and fits better.

Let the accessorizing of the "can deal of the decade" begin!

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #2,599 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up mine from Best Buy for $7.99 + tax IIRC. Seems a bit high considering only 2 sizes really fit my ears. But then again, it does boost the sound quality a bit and fits better.

Let the accessorizing of the "can deal of the decade" begin!

Really, that's cheaper than the Comply tips and looks to be more durable to boot. But I think the Comply tips are just so outrageously expensive. Especially their new TX-series with the wax guard. I wanted to give the TX-500s a shot since they are supposed to be very similar to the Shure olives which were exceptionally comfortable for me, but I can't justify spending 20 bucks on 3 pairs or whatever it is, especially when I'm not happy at all with the regular T-500s.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #2,600 of 9,690
What are these Sony Hybrid tips made of? I haven't had much luck with any silicone type tips as the eventually seem to irritate or cause my ears to itch. In fact I've only ever used Comply's on my Triple.Fi's which I'm fine with but wouldn't be opposed to trying something else if I thought my ears could handle them and I thought they might improve the sound.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #2,601 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was my exact opinion and after reading and agreeing w/ you, I tried the stock medium sized silicon tips again. But this time due to the comfort factor, I tried pulling them out more. And that did it for me. Apparently JAMMING THE COMPLY'S OR SILICONS INTO YOUR EARS AS FAR AS YOU CAN IS A BAD IDEA. :d

yep. when i wear a snug winter hat and pull it down over my ears with my tf10's in, it pushes them in just a bit more than i usually wear them.

the sound is noticeably worse, to the point where i would call it muddled.

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #2,602 of 9,690
I just did a comparison of Godsmack's Sick Of My Life in FLAC and mp3 192kbps using my new Triple.Fi.

Triple.fis revealed tremendous SQ difference between 192kbps and FLAC.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #2,603 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I think the Comply tips are just so outrageously expensive.

And they have the added "feature" of turning my TF10's into a pair of Sony EX71's complete w/ BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, and some other frequencies not worth mentioning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had much luck with any silicone type tips as the eventually seem to irritate or cause my ears to itch.

I can wear either the silicon's that came stock or the Sony hybrid's wo/ any discomfort. The trick's to keep them inserted as little as possible. If they go even the tiniest bit too deep, I get nailed w/ pressure and rewarded w/ muddy low end and a lack of treble...mids become "meh." That said, I do find the Sony's a bit more comfy. They tend to disappear in my ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAndre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple.fis revealed tremendous SQ difference between 192kbps and FLAC.

What about 320CBR? I'm not yet brave enough to do that test for fear of being forced into using FLAC on a portable (of which I do not own one capable of such a feat).

I just can't believe it's 2010 and we still don't have FLAC/gapless/fade in&out/etc across all DAPs, especially Sony w/ its wicked X10xx player.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #2,605 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh okay thanks

now im torn whether to find the 'real' hybrids or jus go with the ebay knockoffs...

please let us know when you receive the bi/tri-flanges and the fit!

The fake hybrids are O-K, provided you get enough to make a pair without the painful ridge on them. I will be getting real hybrids in a week or so so I can compare them, but right now M "hybridy"s are what I'm using with my TF10. Definitely better than the UE silicones, anyway. Didn't like the complys either, in comparison.

Personally, I found the eBay bi-flanges to be terrible. Very very flimsy material, providing zero isolation. They just crumple in your ear when you insert them. They are from the same mould as RE0 bi-flanges (the small size) but about a fourth of the stiffness (the RE0 ones are too stiff, IMO). Somewhere in between would probably be good...

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #2,606 of 9,690
I'm using these Bi-flanges now - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380187715406

I agree that they are fairly flimsy, but they isolate pretty well for me. The problem with them is they aren't exactly comfortable and take some effort to get a good seal. When I finally got a good seal(after 5 minutes of experimentation, then each time I put them in its a good 10 seconds per ear to get a good seal) the bass goes much deeper and has more punch behind like the foamies, but without hurting the highs. This is coming from the Medium single flanges that come with them.

Another note on them is cable microphonics increased for me with the lelong bi-flanges and earwax really sticks to them, but comes off easy with some hydrogen peroxide.

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #2,607 of 9,690
edit: Sorry, double post...

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #2,608 of 9,690
id love to hear if anyone's tpfi10 got better with burn, since ive been told they dont need burn, well im gonna have to sort of disagree with ya on that, mine did get better, not as much as other iem's, but an improvement none the less, the highs evened more and were just more liquid, and the bass got better, and punch more refined, not by a large margin by any means,

anyways tpfi 10 still remain my favorite with wonderful punch that makes them more fun than many bass forward iem's imo,(still like the ue5eb punch wise the most)

the clear highs which dont distort at high volume and dont hurt your ears

plus the fact the these iem's respomd awesome to eq witta large range and you can turn them up so loud and not compromise the sound.

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2,609 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, that's cheaper than the Comply tips and looks to be more durable to boot. But I think the Comply tips are just so outrageously expensive. Especially their new TX-series with the wax guard. I wanted to give the TX-500s a shot since they are supposed to be very similar to the Shure olives which were exceptionally comfortable for me, but I can't justify spending 20 bucks on 3 pairs or whatever it is, especially when I'm not happy at all with the regular T-500s.

i concur the tx tips were great with the tpfi 10, alot more comfy and still super quiet,, u loose a little punch but not a whole lot

Jan 3, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #2,610 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only IEM's I've ever had are those 20 dollar JVC Marshmallows. Do the SF5 and TF10 really have sound comparable to audiophile headphones? Its hard to imagine in a portable package :p

No (particularly in treble extension and imaging), but they get surprisingly close (referring to tf10 here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back