May 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #2,192 of 3,805
Below are my measurements of the VX.
TRN VX.jpg

First impressions are fairly positive.
Comparison with the V90 below:
VX vs V90.jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #2,196 of 3,805
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #2,198 of 3,805
TRN-VX. Ok, it is a bit dry and painful, but I bring the point across.

As always done in one take. And, as always, something goes wrong at one point...in this case my setup collapses….but that's my schtick.

Great! I will put it to my "may be" list.
(It is possible to tame the treble, but it is often impossible to undo lame taming)

A bit off-topic, sorry: as a geologist you must have heard that most materials solidify as polycrystalline, if not taken great care of. The crystal boundaries are indeed detrimental for the conductivity. Does it practically matter enough to be heard - I can't tell you though...

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #2,199 of 3,805
NiceHCK M6 (likely the same as BGVP DMG) vs. TRN VX

A YouTuber asked me to compare the M6 with the VX. I have always liked the M6 and expected it to be better than the VX, except for the M6's slow bass. Admittedly, I only did a quickie, but the results are unambiguous...and surprising.

The VX wins hands down in terms of width of soundstage (incredible), bass speed, overall imaging and detail resolution. It is quite a bit better, but it is also prone to sibilance. In terms of note weight, both are similar.

I was wondering that I am using the TRN-VX a lot, now I know. It is that good. It is much superior over the TinHifi T4, which is greatly overrated imo. I predict the TRN VX will experience a huge hype once the first users receive it...and some Youtube reviewers with huge followings will praise it.

Tow of my co-bloggers have already written reviews and the technical abilities of the VX were praised.

IMG_9734.jpeg

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #2,200 of 3,805

A YouTuber asked me to compare the M6 with the VX. I have always liked the M6 and expected it to be better than the VX, except for the M6's slow bass. Admittedly, I only did a quickie, but the results are unambiguous...and surprising.

The VX wins hands down in terms of width of soundstage (incredible), bass speed, overall imaging and detail resolution. It is quite a bit better, but it is also prone to sibilance. In terms of note weight, both are similar.

I was wondering that I am using the TRN-VX a lot, now I know. It is that good. It is much superior over the TinHifi T4, which is greatly overrated imo. I predict the TRN VX will experience a huge hype once the first users receive it...and some Youtube reviewers with huge followings will praise it.

Tow of my co-bloggers have already written reviews and the technical abilities of the VX were praised.

IMG_9734.jpeg
I was considering the VX, and have put it aside for now, but I still think it is something I might like to own in the future. I have the original Nicehck NX7 (non Pro version), and I quite like it alot when paired with my Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp. That dac/amp has a warmer sound than my Earsonics ES100. I would bet that the VX would match better with a warmer source. I think maybe that would help with preserving the resolution and details, but take the edge off the treble, which some people might find bothersome or fatiguing.

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #2,201 of 3,805

The primary competitor of VX is new CCA CA16 (very similar configuration, one more BA, ~$10 less). It would be great to see their direct comparision.

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #2,202 of 3,805
I was considering the VX, and have put it aside for now, but I still think it is something I might like to own in the future. I have the original Nicehck NX7 (non Pro version), and I quite like it alot when paired with my Fiio Q1MK2 dac/amp. That dac/amp has a warmer sound than my Earsonics ES100. I would bet that the VX would match better with a warmer source. I think maybe that would help with preserving the resolution and details, but take the edge off the treble, which some people might find bothersome or fatiguing.
I think the VX is more prominent on upper mids, like BA5 and V90 characteristic, while NX7 is more prominent on trebles an upper trebles (10-12khz region) because of that piezo.
Nx7 with micropore tape + cotton cuts inside nozzle = superb!! (Mine is NX7 Pro, but i was using silver filter previously, but now changed to red filter which is no filter actually but with that simple mods). I wonder if VX and CA16 can match the NX7.

The primary competitor of VX is new CCA CA16 (very similar configuration, one more BA, ~$10 less). It would be great to see their direct comparision.

Yess definitely interesting to see them head to head. Anyone buying both?

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #2,204 of 3,805
I think the VX is more prominent on upper mids, like BA5 and V90 characteristic, while NX7 is more prominent on trebles an upper trebles (10-12khz region) because of that piezo.
Nx7 with micropore tape + cotton cuts inside nozzle = superb!! (Mine is NX7 Pro, but i was using silver filter previously, but now changed to red filter which is no filter actually but with that simple mods). I wonder if VX and CA16 can match the NX7.

Yess definitely interesting to see them head to head. Anyone buying both?
Got the original NX7 in my ears right now. Considering getting the CCA CA16. Can't do it this month, but looking at it for a future purchase. Totally enjoying my NX7 at the moment though. No mods, just a Nicehck C16-3 cable in 2.5 balanced. Using Newbee foam tips with them. Of all the iems I currently have, the NX7 has got the best fit for my ears. I can listen to this set for hours because of that. Mids and treble are right up my alley. Very detailed. Bass is lighter than my TFZ NO.3 or KZ ZS10 PRO, but responds well to a bit of EQ. Still think this is a killer set for the price, especially if you like details in your music.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #2,205 of 3,805
Got the original NX7 in my ears right now. Considering getting the CCA CA16. Can't do it this month, but looking at it for a future purchase. Totally enjoying my NX7 at the moment though. No mods, just a Nicehck C16-3 cable in 2.5 balanced. Using Newbee foam tips with them. Of all the iems I currently have, the NX7 has got the best fit for my ears. I can listen to this set for hours because of that. Mids and treble are right up my alley. Very detailed. Bass is lighter than my TFZ NO.3 or KZ ZS10 PRO, but responds well to a bit of EQ. Still think this is a killer set for the price, especially if you like details in your music.

Put little cotton to tame the upper highs tizziness, and up your volume, they will be smoother yet still very detailed on highs. That quality DD bass is killer for the price.
I wonder why a lot of mixed review about this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back