TRN impressions thread
May 19, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #2,161 of 3,805
So, what happens if you don't follow the schedule? Does it all go horribly wrong and they sound worse?

This is what happens:

D4F21887-6EE2-4343-B4FF-7B13BF700460.jpeg

May 19, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #2,162 of 3,805
So, what happens if you don't follow the schedule? Does it all go horribly wrong and they sound worse?

Don't know what happens, I only know that I didn't like the sound initially and like it much more now. I had some doubts and asked about the TRN proposed burn-in a few pages back, didn't get much traction so I tried it anyway. I like the results I got, that's all there is to it. Using the IEMs normally after the first couple days seemed counterproductive. If I liked the sound out of the box I wouldn't even bother asking about burn in or whatever. ymmv.

May 19, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,164 of 3,805
Ok, thanks for clarifying. My preferences are nowhere near any of those guys so that's probably why I love the I3 :wink:

I also tend to trust my ears over graphs.
I also don't have the preferences of either a lot of the time, but Crinacle's graphs are legit, not doctored or influenced in any way. While I don't agree with a lot of Crinacle's ranking, his graphs hold value. I'm just saying thebi3 graph is very unorthodox, definitely unlike most.

May 19, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #2,165 of 3,805
I also don't have the preferences of either a lot of the time, but Crinacle's graphs are legit, not doctored or influenced in any way. While I don't agree with a lot of Crinacle's ranking, his graphs hold value. I'm just saying thebi3 graph is very unorthodox, definitely unlike most.

Graphs don't tell the fully story though, it is just an indication of the frequency distribution. The TRI I3 graph admittedly looks weird, but I find it has one of the most coherent and balanced tuning in a midfi CHIFI set (considering it is a weird mashup of 1 BA + 1 planar + 1 DD). Very smooth sounding and non fatiguing, maybe only bassheads and trebleheads will have an issue with it. Other aspects such as timbre of acoustic instruments, details, instrument separation, imaging etc can't be told from graphs too, and the TRI I3 is above average in these areas too, in addition to it having quite a good soundstage.

But maybe we can discuss this further in the dedicated TRI thread on headfi, so as not to hijack the TRN thread.

May 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #2,166 of 3,805
Graphs don't tell the fully story though, it is just an indication of the frequency distribution. The TRI I3 graph admittedly looks weird, but I find it has one of the most coherent and balanced tuning in a midfi CHIFI set (considering it is a weird mashup of 1 BA + 1 planar + 1 DD). Very smooth sounding and non fatiguing, maybe only bassheads and trebleheads will have an issue with it. Other aspects such as timbre of acoustic instruments, details, instrument separation, imaging etc can't be told from graphs too, and the TRI I3 is above average in these areas too, in addition to it having quite a good soundstage.

But maybe we can discuss this further in the dedicated TRI thread on headfi, so as not to hijack the TRN thread.

Amen to that!

And to stay on topic I just ordered the VX :wink:

May 20, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,167 of 3,805
May 20, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #2,168 of 3,805
May 20, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,170 of 3,805
May 20, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,171 of 3,805
May 22, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #2,172 of 3,805
Hi guys, long time lurker. About a month ago I saw @illumidata signature and it piqued my interest seeing TRN V90 v2. I've owned the TRN V90 since last August and it was my daily driver for like 5 months and with the price of it being around £20 I thought I'd give it a punt to see if there really was a v2. I just received my second pair of V90s last night and I'm really surprised as there really is a different sound. Excuse my amateurish descriptions but it really feels like vocals and mids are more forward well at least less recessed, more body. Probably lost a little bass but only a small amount.

Has anybody else that had an original V90 tried a newer V90? I went with the newer all silver colour to make sure I didn't get an old version.

Also got my TRN VX on order. Excited to see what this brings.

May 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #2,174 of 3,805
TRN-VX with TRN-T4 8-core occ copper "upgrade" cable is in the house. Great build, finishing reminiscent of the Ikko OH1. Shells have an original design and are not overly big. Space was obviously used well to stuff all 7 drivers in.

More photos on my website.

TRN-VX earphone.jpg

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #2,175 of 3,805
TRN-VX with TRN-T4 8-core occ copper "upgrade" cable is in the house. Great build, finishing reminiscent of the Ikko OH1. Shells have an original design and are not overly big. Space was obviously used well to stuff all 7 drivers in.

Wow you are fast! beautiful shell.

Edited : deleted comments about FR Graph to avoid misleading

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back