TRN impressions thread
Nov 25, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #3,797 of 3,805
Hi there, i'm new to TRN. Is there any particular model which stands out for mids in particular pop music for female vocals? Looking at long listening sessions - 5 hours on average

TRN TA1 Max is more laid back than most of their releases. Warmer without scooped mid bass or boosted upper mids and treble. Good for extended listening. Still reasonably isolating despite being apparently open backed.

ST5 and the new Conch may be worth considering too, but I haven't heard either.

MT3 and MT4 are aggressive in the upper mids and treble, I'd avoid for relaxed listening.

KZ Castor are worth considering too if you're on a budget. :ksc75smile:

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #3,798 of 3,805
Hi,

I've just received my pair of TRN BT20XS. So far they do their job for me, currently driving 7Hz Zeros. They are small an light, that's fine. But: for my use case (replaygained files) the output power/volume could be higher. I did not expect the power of my Qudelix 5k, but still 3-6 dB more volume would be nice.
I cannot see any data about output power in the specs, so the question is: does anybody know how they compare to the BT20S Pro or BT30? Or any other alternatives?

Thanks!

EDIT:
It seems in the TRN line up the BT30 has the most powerful amp. At least this is was marketing makes me think.
I've found those power output values:
TRN BT30:
42 mW (16Ω)

Fiio UTSW5:
54mW (16Ω / THD+N<1%)

Fiio UTSW3:
38 mW (16 Ω)
I'm getting quite a bit of distortion with my pair of BT20XS. I guess that's what I get for only paying $10 for them.

Jan 21, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #3,799 of 3,805
I want a Bluetooth module for the gym cause I'm afraid of my Fiio UTWS5 rusting from sweat, etc.

Keen to get the BT20XS but I'm a bit scared of all the volume/distortion/clipping issues people mention.

On Android, the free version of Wavelet seems to be able to apply itself to Spotify (which is where I do most of my listening). Can anybody confirm/deny if Wavelet can alleviate the BT20XS issues with Spotify on Android?? Otherwise they seem like great value.

Jan 21, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #3,800 of 3,805
I want a Bluetooth module for the gym cause I'm afraid of my Fiio UTWS5 rusting from sweat, etc.

Keen to get the BT20XS but I'm a bit scared of all the volume/distortion/clipping issues people mention.

On Android, the free version of Wavelet seems to be able to apply itself to Spotify (which is where I do most of my listening). Can anybody confirm/deny if Wavelet can alleviate the BT20XS issues with Spotify on Android?? Otherwise they seem like great value.
I just got the BT30 and there's no distortion that I can hear. The BT20XS was very obvious with the clipping/distortion.

Jan 22, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #3,803 of 3,805
I looked at the prices and the BT30 are three or four times more expensive, so the decision was made for me lol. If BT20XS is garbage then oh well it's no great loss.
Yeah, you’re not gonna like the 20XS. It’s not some slight distortion. It’s baaaad. I don’t even understand how they could release these in this state.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #3,804 of 3,805
What's the difference between TRN BAX and TRN BAX PRO ? Pro version was released later, and it's black color; otherwise, the specifications seem to be the same at first glance.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #3,805 of 3,805

Users who are viewing this thread

Back