TRN impressions thread
Aug 4, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #3,766 of 3,805
I wait them!

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #3,767 of 3,805
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #3,768 of 3,805
Although it did not receive especially good reviews when it came out, I have been enjoying the X7 (7BA) over the last few days. I am using the balanced cable from the ST5 with my Hidizs AP80 Pro X. Very well balanced sound, excellent BA bass and smooth treble, very little "BA timbre". Probably the best fit and seal of any of my IEMs. The "wing" works really well, and is similar to that on the CCZ Emerald. The key thing is that I am enjoying the music. Thanks to @ChrisOc for his review, with which I concur.

Aug 27, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #3,771 of 3,805
Sep 16, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #3,774 of 3,805
Hi,

I've just received my pair of TRN BT20XS. So far they do their job for me, currently driving 7Hz Zeros. They are small an light, that's fine. But: for my use case (replaygained files) the output power/volume could be higher. I did not expect the power of my Qudelix 5k, but still 3-6 dB more volume would be nice.
I cannot see any data about output power in the specs, so the question is: does anybody know how they compare to the BT20S Pro or BT30? Or any other alternatives?

Thanks!

EDIT:
It seems in the TRN line up the BT30 has the most powerful amp. At least this is was marketing makes me think.
I've found those power output values:
TRN BT30:
42 mW (16Ω)

Fiio UTSW5:
54mW (16Ω / THD+N<1%)

Fiio UTSW3:
38 mW (16 Ω)

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #3,775 of 3,805
Hi,

I've just received my pair of TRN BT20XS. So far they do their job for me, currently driving 7Hz Zeros. They are small an light, that's fine. But: for my use case (replaygained files) the output power/volume could be higher. I did not expect the power of my Qudelix 5k, but still 3-6 dB more volume would be nice.
I cannot see any data about output power in the specs, so the question is: does anybody know how they compare to the BT20S Pro or BT30? Or any other alternatives?

Thanks!

EDIT:
It seems in the TRN line up the BT30 has the most powerful amp. At least this is was marketing makes me think.
I've found those power output values:
TRN BT30:
42 mW (16Ω)

Fiio UTSW5:
54mW (16Ω / THD+N<1%)

Fiio UTSW3:
38 mW (16 Ω)
Probably really weak. Their simultaneusly released BT3XS says 13mW.

What is sound quality like btw?

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #3,776 of 3,805
Yep, 13 mW seems reasonable for an entry level design. For example marketing for the Fiio UTWS3 also says that they have increased the output power from 14 mW to 38 mW (compared to UTWS1).

The power increase then probably woul result in my missing 3+ dB.

Regarding the sound quality: I'm not the amp sound guy. I cannot here any obvious flaws or noise, so the sound is fine for me.

Impressions for my taste:
+ finally changeable IEM connectors (MMCX, 2 Pin)
+ they are really small amd lightweight
+ no finicky touch control
+ no useless extra volume control (YMMV)
- a just ridiculous(!) charging case without room to also proper fit in the IEMs. I can make it fit with some push here and there, but that then it is very likely that they will lose charge connection on the go.
- output power should be higher

Sep 22, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #3,777 of 3,805
TRN EMX
New Flagship Audiophile dynamic driver Flat head Earphones

• 14.2mm Large Size Beryllium-Plated Diaphragm Driver
  • Excellent New-Designed Geometry Shape
  • The Aluminum Alloy Cavity & Half-Open Exhaust Design
  • Professional Acoustic Structure
  • High-Purity Cable With Interchangeable Audio Connectors

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/trn-emx

$39.80 USD

Works good with TRN Redchain Gaming boom cable.
A nice, correct working cable.

Not with incorrect connections as the CVJ Hato where the microphone is connected with the Right signal, and so the output audio is recorded ...
Afa0ea4692fa34c7c92cd16952b1860acK.jpg

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #3,779 of 3,805
TRN's official AliExpress store currently has an early bird MT4 Pro sale, $12.60 USD. Comes with a full set of T tips. Those cost $5 a set, and was going to order them anyway, so it was like getting it for $7.60.

There's a USB C dongle cable option. The impendence is 40 ohms, not sure if that is a typo. I'm guessing it will need a good dongle and decided to get the regular cable option instead.

The tuning is quite different from the original MT4, at least going by the graph and the big vent. More like a new set rather than the an upgrade.

Placed the order. Hope this one doesn't have the same glue issues the original had.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #3,780 of 3,805
Heads up!

I just checked AliExpress to see when the TRN MT4 Pro is supposed to arrive and noticed that the listing now shows pictures showing it only comes with Medium T tip (not the full set) and no foam tips...

Sadly, KZ is not the only Chifi brand doing the bait and switch...

Attachments

• TRN AliExpress.jpg
    TRN AliExpress.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • trn-mt4-pro-09.jpg
    trn-mt4-pro-09.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back