TRN impressions thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #2,207 of 3,805
im thinking about getting the BA5 again now since i saw the graph. it looks really nice in the sub base

Jun 18, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #2,208 of 3,805
Put little cotton to tame the upper highs tizziness, and up your volume, they will be smoother yet still very detailed on highs. That quality DD bass is killer for the price.
I wonder why a lot of mixed review about this set.
Yeah, me too. This set is great with some simple mods. Still loving them.

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #2,209 of 3,805
TRN T2 - 16 core upgrade cable is now available with QDC connectors for BA5, ST1 and VX. This seems to be a really good price for 16 core cable.

Screenshot (57).png

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,210 of 3,805
Itvis
im thinking about getting the BA5 again now since i saw the graph. it looks really nice in the sub base
It is. Surprisingly good depth for a BA bass and similar in tonality to the KZ BA10.

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #2,211 of 3,805
TRN T2 - 16 core upgrade cable is now available with QDC connectors for BA5, ST1 and VX. This seems to be a really good price for 16 core cable.

Screenshot (57).png
I have two of those and they're killer.

I don't believe cables that short make an acoustic difference, so if you do you may feel differently. I use them because they're supple and lightweight, and they don't tangle.

IIRC @Slater dissected one and verified all 16 cores are actually connected and in use.

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #2,212 of 3,805
Itvis

It is. Surprisingly good depth for a BA bass and similar in tonality to the KZ BA10.

which would you say is the better iem for edm and jazz? The KZ BA10 or the TRN BA5 ?
Thanks

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #2,213 of 3,805
which would you say is the better iem for edm and jazz? The KZ BA10 or the TRN BA5 ?
Thanks
Subject to getting a good fit, the BA10 sounds richer and fuller in the bass and would be better for the genres you mentioned although they are not styles I listen to personally.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #2,214 of 3,805
I have two of those and they're killer.

I don't believe cables that short make an acoustic difference, so if you do you may feel differently. I use them because they're supple and lightweight, and they don't tangle.

IIRC @Slater dissected one and verified all 16 cores are actually connected and in use.

Yes, the TRN 16-core cables are good, as are the silver T3 cables. I personally don’t recommend the other TRN cables, but that’s just my opinion.

Note that I have NOT seen or analyzed the new T4 cable. So I have no idea about them.

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #2,215 of 3,805
Subject to getting a good fit, the BA10 sounds richer and fuller in the bass and would be better for the genres you mentioned although they are not styles I listen to personally.
Wow. That’s surprising to me. I would have thought the TRN BA5 would have been better for those genres of music.
the review I read didn’t say much about the bass of the KZ BA10. So I figured that it wasn’t that impressive.
But now I think I should look for a few more reviews. Maybe the BA10 will be better for me then the BA5.
thanks for the heads up. I’m going to look for a few more reviews.
PS: I really wish it was easier to just try out IEMs in the store, the same way we can so easily try out headphones.

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,216 of 3,805
Wow. That’s surprising to me. I would have thought the TRN BA5 would have been better for those genres of music.
the review I read didn’t say much about the bass of the KZ BA10. So I figured that it wasn’t that impressive.
But now I think I should look for a few more reviews. Maybe the BA10 will be better for me then the BA5.
thanks for the heads up. I’m going to look for a few more reviews.
PS: I really wish it was easier to just try out IEMs in the store, the same way we can so easily try out headphones.
The BA5 is more neutral/balanced and is great for classical acoustic and electronic music.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #2,217 of 3,805
The BA5 is more neutral/balanced and is great for classical acoustic and electronic music.
Thanks for all the info.
I went to look for more reviews. And I found one that talked about the
bass being pretty good for an all BA IEM. Better then the other all BA sets.
but then I saw a picture of them. And I instantly remembered why I was turned off
by them, all those sharp edges. I forgot about those. Maybe that’s why I did‘t
buy them. i worry about comfort. I usually like to listen for at least an hour At a time.
and sometimes up to 3 hours.
what’s your experience with the fit and comfort of the BA10?
thanks.

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #2,218 of 3,805
Thanks for all the info.
I went to look for more reviews. And I found one that talked about the
bass being pretty good for an all BA IEM. Better then the other all BA sets.
but then I saw a picture of them. And I instantly remembered why I was turned off
by them, all those sharp edges. I forgot about those. Maybe that’s why I did‘t
buy them. i worry about comfort. I usually like to listen for at least an hour At a time.
and sometimes up to 3 hours.
what’s your experience with the fit and comfort of the BA10?
thanks.
The BA10's earpieces are large and square in shape. Some find them uncomfortable. I have large ear canals so am fortunate to get a good fit and seal using the Starline tips and a replacement cable (TRN 16 core). You can find my review of the BA5 here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-ba5.24047/reviews

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #2,219 of 3,805
2 day old TRN IM2. They have about 4 hours of music on them.

While listening to normal music at a fairly low volume, I hear a full volume giant electrical CRACK or POP sound from the right ear. The BA driver must have blown, because there is zero treble from the right ear. Or maybe it was one of the crossover components (I can see a capacitor and/or resistor on the back of the dynamic driver).

This is the 1st time in my life I’ve ever had anything like this happen to any IEM. Sadly, this is my 1st TRN earphone.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #2,220 of 3,805
2 day old TRN IM2. They have about 4 hours of music on them.

While listening to normal music at a fairly low volume, I hear a full volume giant electrical CRACK or POP sound from the right ear. The BA driver must have blown, because there is zero treble from the right ear. Or maybe it was one of the crossover components (I can see a capacitor and/or resistor on the back of the dynamic driver).

This is the 1st time in my life I’ve ever had anything like this happen to any IEM. Sadly, this is my 1st TRN earphone.

so sorry to hear that Slater, so infamous TRN QC they need to up still a problem to date. My BA5 right connector is wobbly. Well not as bad as Crinacle that get 1 of his low freq BA down, so he get BA5 and BA4. TRN need to care about their QC and buil quality seriously. These are importantly same with tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back