Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #4,982 of 6,404

Good to know that you actually consider getting the TWAu even though you owned the uber, that says alot about the TWAu.  Also I love those pic by the way. Maybe you should send these pic to Craig to put it at his website to generate more sales as his doesn't look half as good.

...being the operative word. Still undecided. Ideally this cable needs to be compared against the Tralucent Silver & Silver/Gold (or with DHC SP Pure and/or Toxic Silver Widow). I actually took the TWAu & 1Plus2s to work today for a little listen. 1st time my 1Plus2 has been to my office :D.

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #4,984 of 6,404
...being the operative word. Still undecided. Ideally this cable needs to be compared against the Tralucent Silver & Silver/Gold (or with DHC SP Pure and/or Toxic Silver Widow). I actually took the TWAu & 1Plus2s to work today for a little listen. 1st time my 1Plus2 has been to my office :D.

That's Great, I take my 1p2 to office everyday, I have it on almost all the time except maybe meeting. I then switch to k3003 for late night listening ..

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #4,987 of 6,404
Could anybody here compare the 1+2 vs ocharaku flat4 and phonak 232 please

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #4,991 of 6,404

How supple is the TWAu compared to the 1p2 gold cable? I notice yours is an 8-conductor version. I wonder if a 4-conductor TWAu will be much more supple and flexible to use on-the-go compared to the 1p2 gold cable. I find the gold cable decent but would have preferred it to be even more malleable for bringing my 1p2 outdoors.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #4,993 of 6,404

How supple is the TWAu compared to the 1p2 gold cable? I notice yours is an 8-conductor version. I wonder if a 4-conductor TWAu will be much more supple and flexible to use on-the-go compared to the 1p2 gold cable. I find the gold cable decent but would have preferred it to be even more malleable for bringing my 1p2 outdoors.

It is way more supple and "soft" than the Gold cable. I don't quite like the ergonomics of the gold cable, as it easily pop my 1p2 out of my ear as its pretty hard. The TWAu will not pop it out as its very soft and flexible.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #4,994 of 6,404
  Whiplash cables have historically been extremely supple. Lots of fine strands and flexible jacket. I Obviously don't know but I bet Anakchan prefers the Tralucent cable on the 1p2. 

I think Anakchan was comparing the sq between the 1p2 uber cable vs the TWAu, not the silver/gold cable which I am asking. It seems based on Anakchan's feedback the TWAu may not be on par with uber but is somewhat close in sound quality. I don't own a 1p2 uber cable so I won't know how much better the uber cable sounds, but I am thinking if TWAu is even softer and the silver/gold cable I have and is most likely better in sound quality, then it is an excellent upgrade option for me.

It is way more supple and "soft" than the Gold cable. I don't quite like the ergonomics of the gold cable, as it easily pop my 1p2 out of my ear as its pretty hard. The TWAu will not pop it out as its very soft and flexible.

+1 to this!
I am having this same exact issue with my silver/gold cable. It is flexible enough for outdoors use, but it is quite tough along its length (if you get what I mean). When it is worn looped over the ears, the cable gets "pushed up" by resting on my shoulders sometimes when I walk or turn my head to the sides and ended up pushing the 1p2 out of my ears slightly losing the seal.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #4,995 of 6,404
What I do with most IEMs is putting the cable in and out of your shirt using a shirt button as the pivot point. Just need a little management to eliminate microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back