Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #4,952 of 6,404
  Same. The pressure would cause me severe headaches. Funny part is even when I'd release the pressure the fit just wouldn't feel right once I released the pressure....

I don't mind the deep-fitting customs, Lee. It's the universals that I can't wear, simply because my outer ear is too small or not shaped right for them. I tried different sizes and also even the triple-tiered ones, but no deal. I'd like to remind you that these were one of the two recommended to me  by you just a little while ago. Guess I'll go try the other one you suggested. I'm wondering though, are there customs that can be made in the US, rather than having to send away to China for them? Ones that are excellent in the way you recommended for classical lovers?

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #4,953 of 6,404
it all comes down to personal preference, so a mate of mine, said that he cannot listen to one specific type of sound sig for extended period of time (>40 mins), so his headphone/iem collections keeps growing and growing (ie800, k3003, 1+2, 343, 846, etc)

I call it audio-ADD. I fear that I am also afflicted :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #4,954 of 6,404

I don't mind the deep-fitting customs, Lee. It's the universals that I can't wear, simply because my outer ear is too small or not shaped right for them. I tried different sizes and also even the triple-tiered ones, but no deal. I'd like to remind you that these were one of the two recommended to me  by you just a little while ago. Guess I'll go try the other one you suggested. I'm wondering though, are there customs that can be made in the US, rather than having to send away to China for them? Ones that are excellent in the way you recommended for classical lovers?

Of course there is JH Audio, Ultimate Ears and some others.  I'm not sure if their sound signatures will be what you are looking for though. Only you can decide that. Its generally a gamble no matter how you put it.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #4,955 of 6,404
I'll second the balanced plug.  I did my order with Gavin via email and got the balanced plug, at the time, at no additional cost.  I recall that Gavin had to go out of his way to find a HPA to test the setup prior to shipping.

My only other foray into IEMs are Etymotic ER4-P/S, so I can't say with much authority, but I really don't feel like I'm missing much, if anything when I listen to my 1Plus2s, vs. my LCD-3s.

It is a different sound, primarily more bass, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Quote:

Balanced cable from Tralucent?....it's already available, you just have to request it...the difference is just the plug. 

The AK240 will have a totally odd-ball 2.5mm jack so that will be a real challenge since I have my doubts that a High Quality 2.5mm plug even exists?  And we are not talking about a magnetic steel centered plug but a non-magnetic plug in the tensy-weensy 2.5mm size...can you say:  "damn....it snapped right-off" ?

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #4,956 of 6,404
  From where can I get original ortofon tips as well?

My problem with the Ortofon tips is that they "wear out" and will stick inside the ear after a period, requiring them to be dug out and reattached every time, unless you're careful about how you pull them out.  This is a real drag at work, say if you're taking your IEMs in and out to talk to people throughout the day.  My suggestion to you is what I'm about to embark on: try and find something other'n Ortofon tips.

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #4,957 of 6,404
My problem with the Ortofon tips is that they "wear out" and will stick inside the ear after a period, requiring them to be dug out and reattached every time, unless you're careful about how you pull them out.  This is a real drag at work, say if you're taking your IEMs in and out to talk to people throughout the day.  My suggestion to you is what I'm about to embark on: try and find something other'n Ortofon tips.

......or stop talking to other people.....

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #4,958 of 6,404
Some wild unstructured notes of the Tralucent Uber vs Whiplash TWAu with the 1Plus2

The TWAu seems to exhibit an overall brighter signature but both seem to extend far into the upper higher treble region. The TWAu has a wider left-to-right staging whilst the Uber seems to have the edge in depth imaging and instrument separation/placement. Funnily, despite the TWAu having the wider left-to-right staging, since it sounds a little flatter it also sounds somewhat more congested (but in a 2-D compressed way). I don't want to exaggerate and say the TWAu sounds 2D 'cos compared to a lot of other cables it's more 3D than those but comparatively to the Uber, it's the more 2D of the two.

The Uber's sub-to-mid bass is more forward and gives a greater sense of warmth to the overall signature whilst the TWAu plays on 1Plus2's technicality in terms of emphasising surgical whilst the Uber seems to give the 1Plus2's overall signature more body and more personality & character.

Ergonomics-wise, the TWAu is heaven. I think I'm too accustomed to either rigid or tangly cables that I forget ergonomically they don't have to be that way. The pins seem to be actually longer than the Uber ones too and that gives me a little more (false?) sense of confidence that the 1Plus2 won't fall out so easily.

So to answer @burtomr's joke of the Whiplash TWAu rendering the Uber obsolete - no not yet.

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #4,960 of 6,404
Thanks anakchan for the comparison, had always wondered about the uber vs other cable.. Seems like uber still the champ out here..

One thing though, I do have this secret desire to buy this TWAu (It belongs to Dimitri, Musica Acoustics but don't tell him of my desires :wink:) 'cos it'll actually make me want to bring my 1Plus2 out more than leaving it in its storage in my drawer at home.

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #4,961 of 6,404
  Some wild unstructured notes of the Tralucent Uber vs Whiplash TWAu with the 1Plus2

The TWAu seems to exhibit an overall brighter signature but both seem to extend far into the upper higher treble region. The TWAu has a wider left-to-right staging whilst the Uber seems to have the edge in depth imaging and instrument separation/placement. Funnily, despite the TWAu having the wider left-to-right staging, since it sounds a little flatter it also sounds somewhat more congested (but in a 2-D compressed way). I don't want to exaggerate and say the TWAu sounds 2D 'cos compared to a lot of other cables it's more 3D than those but comparatively to the Uber, it's the more 2D of the two.

The Uber's sub-to-mid bass is more forward and gives a greater sense of warmth to the overall signature whilst the TWAu plays on 1Plus2's technicality in terms of emphasising surgical whilst the Uber seems to give the 1Plus2's overall signature more body and more personality & character.

Ergonomics-wise, the TWAu is heaven. I think I'm too accustomed to either rigid or tangly cables that I forget ergonomically they don't have to be that way. The pins seem to be actually longer than the Uber ones too and that gives me a little more (false?) sense of confidence that the 1Plus2 won't fall out so easily.

So to answer @burtomr's joke of the Whiplash TWAu rendering the Uber obsolete - no not yet.

I would never expect it to, even if it was preferred on some other CIEMs. Gavin's got a great ear for synergy.
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #4,962 of 6,404
I'm with Anakchan. I tend to leave the 1Plus2 at home now and baby it when I use it.... Still waiting on my S-mod to return then I'll be using it more often again :).

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #4,964 of 6,404
I searched this earphones.But,I didn't find the price.And if I want to buy,how can I order ? And how does Tralucent's Garranty commit ? And if the 1plus2 have a problem,how can I fix it ?

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #4,965 of 6,404
  I searched this earphones.But,I didn't find the price.And if I want to buy,how can I order ? And how does Tralucent's Garranty commit ? And if the 1plus2 have a problem,how can I fix it ?

Thanks.

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/in-ear-earphones/tralucent-1plus2/

http://www.tralucentaudio.com/shop/index.php/tralucent-audio-1plus2-hybrid-universal-iem.html

you can send them your questions:
http://www.tralucentaudio.com/shop/index.php/contacts/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back