The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #9,001 of 89,888
Happy New Ears to all!

Although some may have noticed I have retired from the Watercooler thread plus some others (saving myself a mere 3 or so hours per day!) I wanted to reach out for a very last time with a huuuuge Thank You for all the help and friendliness received during my search a.k.a. struggle. This was really unforgettable and of tremendous value for me. I simply have no idea how I could have succeeded otherwise, really. But I have also run into myself (and because of that into others) a couple of times because of my unrelenting enthusiasm, so I have learned more than what is strictly reflected in words. I just wanted to let you know my comments were always with the very best intentions and to add something instead of taking things away! I'm sure I will meet many of you on other threads, but for now I wish you all Love, Hope, and Health for 2022!

Forever yours,

Joop
Dude,

Stop it. Just get over it and start posting as always. You are welcome here and have become an important part of this group. It won't be the same without you here. You know, like Cliff and Norm in Cheers. IF they left the show, it would never be the same.

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #9,002 of 89,888
Did I miss something? Just like the water, sometimes we run hot, sometimes cold & sometimes in between, but we're all here to sate our thirsts and for a bit of friendly conversation. If anyone has ever had any impressions otherwise I'm sure it was just a bit of miscommunication in our shared zeal for this hobby.

@drftr Glad we could help you on this journey. If anything we've said/shared has helped enough that you feel you can now move along onto the next journey, then I'll be the first to shake your hand & say it was good to have you here for the short amount of time you've been here & thank you in return for your contributions here. Excelsior!

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #9,003 of 89,888
Did I miss something? Just like the water, sometimes we run hot, sometimes cold & sometimes in between, but we're all here to sate our thirsts and for a bit of friendly conversation. If anyone has ever had any impressions otherwise I'm sure it was just a bit of miscommunication in our shared zeal for this hobby.

@drftr Glad we could help you on this journey. If anything we've said/shared has helped enough that you feel you can now move along onto the next journey, then I'll be the first to shake your hand & say it was good to have you here for the short amount of time you've been here & thank you in return for your contributions here. Excelsior!

Just this week I realized that your avatar is a cat with an orange peel on its head. I'm not sure what I thought it was before. In any case, happy new year.

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #9,004 of 89,888
Just this week I realized that your avatar is a cat with an orange peel on its head. I'm not sure what I thought it was before. In any case, happy new year.
Since you brought it up, why do you have the Kung Fu Hustle landlady as your avatar?

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #9,005 of 89,888
Since you brought it up, why do you have the Kung Fu Hustle landlady as your avatar?

Kung Fu Hustle landlady, my a$$.

(Becasue I love the character & the movie and was feeling a bit cheeky. )

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #9,006 of 89,888
Happy New Year Everyone!!

It’s been a great pleasure and honor to be so lovingly accepted among all the wonderful, talented and intelligent humans here.

I immensely enjoy the dialogue, the support and encouragement from all of you.

Thank you for the best gift of 2021 and into 2022…friendship.

Live Long and Prosper!

💥💫🎆✨🎇

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #9,007 of 89,888
Happy new year all! :) Although it's already 16:20 here as I'm typing viewing the warm sunset. This watercooler place is slowly turning into an oasis, it's been a pleasant experience to be able to read and exchange with everyone here. Such a rarity and friendly treat!

It's not new year without rice pound cake. So here's a celebratory Mochi :) For having reached 600 pages, and from now on more and beyond!
taken-1641017865601.jpg

Jan 1, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #9,008 of 89,888
Feeling giddy playing with the hybrid final MAKE2 (1DD + 1BA) filters https://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/MAKE2

taken-1641017876924.jpg
taken-1641018291696.jpg
taken-1641018357738.jpg
taken-1641018468039.jpg
taken-1641018614926.jpg
taken-1641018805734.jpg

The bass and vocals on these are absolutely gorgeous, and with the addition of the filters, you can also attenuate the lower or upper frequencies each to the level of your liking. Plus tips selection, it's so much fun configuring the sound! :)

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #9,009 of 89,888
For those with a thirst for DD mids, I highly recommend giving the final A4000 a go! :) Single 6mm DD sound, with exceptionally high resolution and clarity. It's mind-boggling the price difference between this and A8000. The A4000 provides a really good vaue at around $150, and for vocal lovers these are a must try
taken-1641020140474.jpg
re_0000_7J1A6750.jpg

Jan 1, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #9,010 of 89,888
I wish a very happy new year to all you great people here. I wish great health and prosperity for you all and your families.

A few days a go @HiFiHawaii808 wrote something about Michael Jackson and I wanted to write something about him, but didn't. Now I take this occasion to do so.

He is a big reason for my love and passion for music from a very young age. Everytime Thriller came on TV I became a lunatic. I was just in awe of him. Like seriously hypnotized. It's like he felt the beat in every bone of his body and he was one with it. I think that's why when he sings, he doesn't enunciate the words probably and the lyrics often are barely comprehensible. His singing was often the extension of the music and beat, and what's he was feeling deep inside.

I still love him and listen to his wonderful music quite often. I cried like a baby when he died. I know he suffered immensely later in life. I hope he has found great peace and love in the afterlife, as I know he has touched the lives of millions of people.

And this music video is quite special for me. The whole thing is just pure magic.
It's where I find him the too.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #9,011 of 89,888
I forgot to add the Sundara as one of the best purchases of 2021. I've been neglecting them because I thought they require desktop amplification in order to sound good, but I was wrong.

Listened to them tonight out of the R6 as well as the RU6 and it surprisingly sounded amazing out of both of them. No need a higher end Timeless as this blows both the Timeless and P1 out of the water. Of course the use case will be different here. But at around $600 for the Sundara and RU6 could be an endgame planar rig for many. It's that good. Not only is it highly technical but this combo is musical as well and captures the emotion just as good. Strikes the perfect balance. 👌

It just past midnight as I'm writing this so cheers all to a happy 2022! 🥂

giphy.webp

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #9,012 of 89,888
I was curious about Dark Sky... great to know it works great with Jazz (Incidentally I was listening to Matthew Halsall right when I followed the link "Salute to the sun", fantastic album :heartbeat: Also ran "Colour Yes" which I had missed, fabulous as well) and nice to have a comparison to IE900 which I own, gives me an excellent reference point. Ah and Isabellae I keep running into great feedback and looks like my brand of sound.

Very nice read, I know how much time went into that review, it clearly shows!
Great way to start the new year :wink:

I hadn't come across Julia Jacklin and listened to it as I read the review, this one is added to my favs :)

Thanks for the comments and glad you discovered Julia from my review!

Jan 1, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #9,015 of 89,888
Anyone here has got some first hand listening experience with: FiiO’s M11 Plus LTD and iBasso’s DX240 or Lotoo’s PAW 6000?

I’m struggling to find comparisons with the M11 Plus LTD.

Looking for sound only—I’m well aware of the differences in-between these DAPs in terms of their respective features.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back