The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #39,631 of 89,116
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #39,632 of 89,116
I have checked for the countries where I'm currently travelling and only some refund VAT but only if you buy from a limited number of qualified shops. Among those will be exactly zero high end shops. I think there's something wrong with the concept really (not that that matters!) as say I'm in South Korea and receive an IEM from the US on the day I leave the country never to return. Why on Earth would I hand over a thousand bucks to Korean taxes? What do they have to do with it? I can see that would be valid if the product stays in the country as otherwise you might get all kinds of parallel import, but if I can prove I'm not Korean, not a resident, and taking the goods out? Easy money. But in other businesses this would be called corruption.

drftr
Power is correction, you are right.

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #39,634 of 89,116
Yes, but with the danger of being too polarized? 🤔

Unbalanced...

In my opinion, never good that tendancie... 🧐

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #39,635 of 89,116
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #39,636 of 89,116
Nov 9, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #39,637 of 89,116
You said you’re looking for something with lots of treble, and that’s the ultimate interpretation of that. I’m not surprised at all. Enjoy!

It's not just the quantity but the quality in this case is unparalleled in my experience...even on lower tier models like Gaea.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #39,638 of 89,116
In term of planar timbre, full size headphone is much much better. Nice review BTW.
Heard some full sized planar as well...while they were pretty nice, did not capture my heart outright. But then, I have not given them enough time - just a few minutes in some meets.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #39,640 of 89,116
There are many planar hps so kinda ballpark it ??
I am practically illiterate in terms of headphone...I listened to some Hifiman ones - HE400i, Edition X....and yeah, I think that's about it.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #39,642 of 89,116
You said you’re looking for something with lots of treble, and that’s the ultimate interpretation of that. I’m not surprised at all. Enjoy!
The Annihilator is really balanced tonally, though. It actually does the tougher job of delivering a high-quality treble at an appropriate dosage. If you want tons of treble without a care in the world, get a Ragnar. Again, SG impressions coming soon... :eyes:

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #39,643 of 89,116
The Annihilator is really balanced tonally, though. It actually does the tougher job of delivering a high-quality treble at an appropriate dosage. If you want tons of treble without a care in the world, get a Ragnar. Again, SG impressions coming soon... :eyes:

Or if you're a glutton for punishment check out the Cayin Fantasy.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #39,644 of 89,116
Looks like they leave out customs? Sounds a bit misleading as customs can simply decide to not even look at your parcel for a month or more. Don't ask me how I know. So listing any delivery time without that one huge variable doesn't come across as very professional. Any idea how they get around it? I'm assuming that's not even possible when all the paper work is done in advance.

drftr
They enter in the customs documents the true value of the contents for which it was purchased.
So you yourself have to make sure that you do not exceed the free import limit of the country in which you live.
Otherwise, you will have to deal with customs clearance (or you will be tortured for 3 days and you will fill 3 carloads of meaningless documents if you have the misfortune of contacting Fedex customs clearance).

I have dealt with them. Do not repeat my bitter experience.

Nov 9, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #39,645 of 89,116
I own both Annihilator and Ragnar. As a treblehead IEM, Ragnar is much better IMHO. Anni is U-shaped and is much more of an all arounder. For treble dominant music, the bass elevation can get in the way of the treble. In addition, bass quality on Ragnar is much better than Anni. But, it is tuned to take a back seat to the treble. Anni treble is smoother. Ragnar treble has more bite and that is what I like about it.

My favorite DAP pairing for both is the Sony 1ZM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back