The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #39,601 of 89,830
313407787_523241249816386_5003826636494285314_n.jpg

Something that i learned today. :smiley: :smiley:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #39,602 of 89,830
Enjoying both silently :beyersmile:

64 dehumidifiers are the best imo, small and compact.

I too went back to Final e tips. Those narrow bores are the best suited for EE BCDs imo. Might not be the most comfortable and definitely not my preference, but I have to say I can't find a better match with Ody.
@klyzon I tried W1 again last night. A lot of bass again with shorten high and treble. Back to final too.

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #39,605 of 89,830
Yeah, the famous VAT in Europe, among other things I really hated when traveling in EU, such as pay for restroom visit.
If you are travelling to the EU and are a non-resident, you can claim back VAT on purchases afterwards through a thing called the Retail Export Scheme. Some stores will take it off at purchase once you prove you are a tourist. For others, you need to claim it back later. There are some rules as you can imagine when it comes to tax but it is worth researching if travelling here.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #39,606 of 89,830
If you are travelling to the EU and are a non-resident, you can claim back VAT on purchases afterwards through a thing called the Retail Export Scheme. Some stores will take it off at purchase once you prove you are a tourist. For others, you need to claim it back later. There are some rules as you can imagine when it comes to tax but it is worth researching if travelling here.
I have checked for the countries where I'm currently travelling and only some refund VAT but only if you buy from a limited number of qualified shops. Among those will be exactly zero high end shops. I think there's something wrong with the concept really (not that that matters!) as say I'm in South Korea and receive an IEM from the US on the day I leave the country never to return. Why on Earth would I hand over a thousand bucks to Korean taxes? What do they have to do with it? I can see that would be valid if the product stays in the country as otherwise you might get all kinds of parallel import, but if I can prove I'm not Korean, not a resident, and taking the goods out? Easy money. But in other businesses this would be called corruption.

drftr

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #39,607 of 89,830
Hello everyone!

Long time no posting here.

It's amazing to see how this thread developed (@Rockwell75 nicely done :wink:)!

To coincide with what might or might not be a return (I myself frankly do not know), you'll find my review of the Softears Twilight on Head-Fi & The Vagrant Audiophile where a new editorial and Jazz Mixtape (below the rabbit) also awaits you — Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #39,608 of 89,830
For those wondering how to buy stuffs from Japan, I use this https://zenmarket.jp/en/. You can use that site to get stuffs from the biggest audio store in the world, E-earphone.

Nov 9, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #39,609 of 89,830
For those wondering how to buy stuffs from Japan, I use this https://zenmarket.jp/en/. You can use that site to get stuffs from the biggest audio store in the world, E-earphone.
Looks like they leave out customs? Sounds a bit misleading as customs can simply decide to not even look at your parcel for a month or more. Don't ask me how I know. So listing any delivery time without that one huge variable doesn't come across as very professional. Any idea how they get around it? I'm assuming that's not even possible when all the paper work is done in advance.

drftr

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #39,610 of 89,830
What's the deal with Fourte Blanc? Was Fourte Noir a darker version of the Fourte? And if so does this mean the Blanc will be a brighter version?

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #39,611 of 89,830
Looks like they leave out customs? Sounds a bit misleading as customs can simply decide to not even look at your parcel for a month or more. Don't ask me how I know. So listing any delivery time without that one huge variable doesn't come across as very professional. Any idea how they get around it? I'm assuming that's not even possible when all the paper work is done in advance.

drftr
Foreigners don’t get charged tax.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #39,613 of 89,830
313407787_523241249816386_5003826636494285314_n.jpg

Something that i learned today. :smiley: :smiley:
I also learn that I was happier when eating that cup of pistachio ice cream while watching that scene than after. Now painfully waiting for next week's new episode..

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #39,614 of 89,830
Depends in what country you're importing. In Mexico I had to pay 20% and in Argentina 21% (or the other way round).

drftr
Foreigners don’t get charged tax in Japan. That’s what I meant. And yeah I’d probably depress my item declarations if I had to do that. F paying taxes for a country that I’m not a citizen of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back