The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 8, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #39,571 of 91,349
Interested to see what it will be... maybe one of those recent "shapes" they were showing off at that canjam.

In other news, does anyone else hate the trend of announcing that you are going to make an announcement? I know its pretty much standard practice these days to try and drum up hype, but its quite annoying.

I remember there was speculation at the time that one of the shapes was an updated Andro, another a Solaris, the triangle was the Trifecta, which leaves the 4th that was rumoured to be a planar hybrid. That would be nice.

Nov 8, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #39,572 of 91,349
KR5 and Jewel are the 2 best IEMs I've heard the past few years, just sent Trailli back to Musicteck. KR5 is the true flagship at Fir IMO. :sweat_smile:. Ready to be hated on and I'm fine with that. Still want to hear Red Halo, new campfire stuff and Odyssey though, anyone know of any tours? RH is almost impossible to hear.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #39,573 of 91,349
No sound impressions yet, but just wanted to comment on the fit of the Campfire Audio Supermoon. I opted for the artist fit and I have to say I’m glad I did. Compared to my other CIEMs fit is somewhat loose. Seal is maintained, but I can pop them in and out fairly easily, none of the twist to insert/remove that I get with my other customs. Isolation isn’t at the same level either, but that’s to be expected due to the vent, the implementation of which is genius.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #39,575 of 91,349
KR5 and Jewel are the 2 best IEMs I've heard the past few years, just sent Trailli back to Musicteck. KR5 is the true flagship at Fir IMO. :sweat_smile:. Ready to be hated on and I'm fine with that. Still want to hear Red Halo, new campfire stuff and Odyssey though, anyone know of any tours? RH is almost impossible to hear.
can't really buy a red halo unless used, I kinda just live with that loss when it comes to stuff like that. I tried to get a demo for trifecta turned down :frowning2:. I heard Odyssey at canjam so I haven't explored that option. I agree with Jewel :p

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #39,576 of 91,349

+1 on Kr5. It's my favourite of the Fir lineup. I have the Fir stuff on tour in the US right now (but that probably doesn't interest you). I have the EXT & Phonix available and could most likely send them to you if you want to hear them and can cover the shipping. I will have the Mentor, Diva & Gaea and also the Turii Ti and Twilight available for tour in the US in the new year if you are interested.

No sound impressions yet, but just wanted to comment on the fit of the Campfire Audio Supermoon. I opted for the artist fit and I have to say I’m glad I did. Compared to my other CIEMs fit is somewhat loose. Seal is maintained, but I can pop them in and out fairly easily, none of the twist to insert/remove that I get with my other customs. Isolation isn’t at the same level either, but that’s to be expected due to the vent, the implementation of which is genius.

Congrats on getting your SM. Apparently better isolation is the exact reason one would choose the artist fit (quieter on a noisy stage). Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sound.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #39,577 of 91,349
could it just be the campfire trifecta ?

lol that would be a stupid way to advertise something that everyone knows about and that was supposed to be released in July.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #39,578 of 91,349
+1 on Kr5. It's my favourite of the Fir lineup. I have the Fir stuff on tour in the US right now (but that probably doesn't interest you). I have the EXT & Phonix available and could most likely send them to you if you want to hear them and can cover the shipping. I will have the Mentor, Diva & Gaea and also the Turii Ti and Twilight available for tour in the US in the new year if you are interested.

Congrats on getting your SM. Apparently better isolation is the exact reason one would choose the artist fit (quieter on a noisy stage). Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sound.
I should be receiving the FIR stuff during the hurricane apparently XD. lol hope it doesn't fly away *crosses fingers*. will compare to my jewel and probably swap the cables :p.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #39,580 of 91,349
lol that would be a stupid way to advertise something that everyone knows about and that was supposed to be released in July.
Also now that its been mentioned... it is campfire and it wouldnt surprise me.

Still will be interested to see, though I think with the fibae 5 on the way, unless its something really interesting at a price thats not terrible, probably a pass.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #39,582 of 91,349
honestly I barely gave it a thought, to what you posted about. I just remember trifecta suppose to be released this month lmao.

It was originally supposed to ship in July, then August and eventually November. And not only that I think they're sold out everywhere. For them to tease everyone with an unknown potentially new IEM that is in actuality just an IEM that is already 4 months late and that nobody can buy...would be really something.

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #39,583 of 91,349
It was originally supposed to ship in July, then August and eventually November. And not only that I think they're sold out everywhere. For them to tease everyone with an unknown potentially new IEM that is in actuality just an IEM that is already 4 months late and that nobody can buy...would be really something.
It's weird that it's sold out I must be being lied to ? Everyone has been told or believes so.. so I had asked them.
Screenshot_20221108-214406.png

Screenshot_20221108-214534.png

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #39,584 of 91,349
Odyssey landed earlier today :)

6519CAD4-FEB1-43FD-8ED2-413A270A9FF7.jpeg

At first I was wondering why it didn’t sound as bassy as I remembered from the demo, but I’ve been listening for a couple of hours and it’s opened up nicely. The bass sounds fantastic now. Loving it so far. Will let it settle in a bit more before comparing with Odin :)

6862EDE3-76A7-419C-ADFD-D8E11ED41F1D.jpeg

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #39,585 of 91,349
It's weird that it's sold out I must be being lied to ?

It's not selling through CFA directly it's being sold through their distributors and as of a couple weeks ago anyway all the distributors I am aware of were out of pre-orders. He's quite right that there are 333 of them but the question of how many of those are currently spoken for is another matter. This IEM was announced last spring and was supposed to ship in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back