The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 9, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #39,616 of 89,110
Foreigners don’t get charged tax in Japan. That’s what I meant. And yeah I’d probably depress my item declarations if I had to do that. F paying taxes for a country that I’m not a citizen of.
Tnx for adding that. I knew about the 0% when buying from a Japanese company in Japan (and probably from you?), but what is interesting for me is whether if I as a foreigner am travelling in Japan and I would buy goods from the US would have to pay VAT as I'm simply importing. In other countries that is the case so I think it would be the same in Japan. If not, then I will simply head there to receive my stuff. Can easily shave off 1k. And when looking at receiving while using DHL depending on the country where I'm importing I'm obliged to enter a local tax number which of course I wouldn't have. Rulezzz...

drftr

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #39,617 of 89,110
I have checked for the countries where I'm currently travelling and only some refund VAT but only if you buy from a limited number of qualified shops. Among those will be exactly zero high end shops. I think there's something wrong with the concept really (not that that matters!) as say I'm in South Korea and receive an IEM from the US on the day I leave the country never to return. Why on Earth would I hand over a thousand bucks to Korean taxes? What do they have to do with it? I can see that would be valid if the product stays in the country as otherwise you might get all kinds of parallel import, but if I can prove I'm not Korean, not a resident, and taking the goods out? Easy money. But in other businesses this would be called corruption.

drftr
I guess without getting into a debate about the rights and wrongs of taxes, they don't care whether you are there for 5 minutes or the rest of your life. If it ships into that country, taxes are due.

Ireland has one of the worst systems in the world for this. There are multiple levels of taxes and duties applied when you import something so I feel your pain but like everything, there are "ways" to lessen your tax burden.

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #39,619 of 89,110
Looks like they leave out customs? Sounds a bit misleading as customs can simply decide to not even look at your parcel for a month or more. Don't ask me how I know. So listing any delivery time without that one huge variable doesn't come across as very professional. Any idea how they get around it? I'm assuming that's not even possible when all the paper work is done in advance.

drftr
I always use DHL to ship out from them so all its good. Of course, it varies from country to country.

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #39,620 of 89,110
Haved owned 2,3,4,8,12 VanNuys cases already. Going to get this ultimate case for storage, just nice there is a discount too.

https://vannuys.co.jp/van30th-cam2-79/

1667887057240.png1667887063001.png
Have been thinking what will be the 24 IEMs to be stored inside this box. So far, these are the confirmed IEMs - Aroma Jewel, Custom Art FIBAE 7 Unlimited, FitEar Titan, Noble Viking Ragnar, Oriolus Traillii.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #39,621 of 89,110
What's the deal with Fourte Blanc? Was Fourte Noir a darker version of the Fourte? And if so does this mean the Blanc will be a brighter version?
tldr version here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...a-technologies.826606/page-1419#post-17231085

Also:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...a-technologies.826606/page-1414#post-17221415
https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/64-audio-fourte-blanc-review

It's another Fourte reinvention with Noir style tuning (not brighter), updated ceramic coating on the outside of the shell, updated cable, and updated DD with better linear behavior resulting in lower distortion (according to 64)

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #39,622 of 89,110
What's the deal with Fourte Blanc? Was Fourte Noir a darker version of the Fourte? And if so does this mean the Blanc will be a brighter version?
Another re-interpretation. Hype around it at the moment. I personally dislike the way it looks in the pictures of it, but maybe it looks better in person. Does anyone like the way it looks? The Noir did not hold up over time. We will see with this one.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #39,623 of 89,110
Another re-interpretation. Hype around it at the moment. I personally dislike the way it looks in the pictures of it, but maybe it looks better in person. Does anyone like the way it looks? The Noir did not hold up over time. We will see with this one.

At first I didn’t, now I think it looks great.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #39,624 of 89,110
The Noir did not hold up over time. We will see with this one.
Speaking only for yourself, of course. Noir has killed so many new totl sets its gone up against. It’s just a blood soaked armageddon of less capable iem corpses surrounding it.
Did a Fender Telecaster “hold up”? Lol.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #39,625 of 89,110
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #39,627 of 89,110
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #39,628 of 89,110
Nov 9, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #39,630 of 89,110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back