The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 14, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #35,056 of 89,883
I seem to always have the fortune (or fate) to be surrounded by Rush fans...but they're one band I've simply never connected with (interestingly since they're Canadian). They're like the u12t of rock bands for me.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #35,057 of 89,883
I seem to always have the fortune (or fate) to be surrounded by Rush fans...but they're one band I've simply never connected with (interestingly since they're Canadian). They're like the u12t of rock bands for me.
Get their first album then as it's before they started their path to symphonic rock (hence before Neil Peart entered the stage). Of all 70s rock albums there's very few that are more plain than their debut from '74. If this album doesn't move you I'll send in the garbage man to give your goodies a better home 😲 Songs like Here Again? Pff... Really touching for me. Especially as part of the album.

drftr

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #35,058 of 89,883
Get their first album then as it's before they started their path to symphonic rock (hence before Neil Peart entered the stage). Of all 70s rock albums there's very few that are more plain than their debut from '74. If this album doesn't move you I'll send in the garbage man to give your goodies a better home 😲 Songs like Here Again? Pff... Really touching for me. Especially as part of the album.

drftr

lol as I said I've been surrounded by Rush fans my entire adult life-- I've heard most of their albums more times than I care to remember. I think my issue is with the singer-- his voice has always grated on me a bit. YMMV.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #35,059 of 89,883
lol as I said I've been surrounded by Rush fans my entire adult life-- I've heard most of their albums more times than I care to remember. I think my issue is with the singer-- his voice has always grated on me a bit. YMMV.
What? You mean you don't like the witchy voice? One of the main reasons why I like Rush is actually because of Neil Peart. One of the greatest drummers of all time IMO. His background story on his family is also so tragic so when I see him play drums, I can see emotions coursing through his veins as a way for him to cope with his tragedy.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #35,062 of 89,883
Second night with Indigo and it's continuing to impress with my library.

Me rn.

1663208807694.png

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #35,063 of 89,883

drftr
Oh yes. Their first album was just amazing. Sort of ACDC like sound and attitude, but real and great prémices of their future prog rock...

Rip John Rutsey too. He was an underrated drummer... Great attitude though.

Finding my way, Need Some Love... Working Man !!! Etc. ⚒️👉😍🤘

Caress of steal is also an (relative...) unloved album (or it was at the time...), but nothing to a GREAT album too... 🤘

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #35,065 of 89,883
same here with the jewel... regarding converting to CIEM, I've emailed my impressions and Aroma will be sending me an empty shell to test for fit. But still don't have to commit yet...
What did they charge for an upgrade from Universal to CIEM?

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #35,067 of 89,883
What did they charge for an upgrade from Universal to CIEM?
Last I saw in Aroma thread was $450, the email I received said $500 so I guess they've raised it. Obviously you are expected to cover shipping to and from Aroma as well.

For reference, Itsfit with premium faceplate options is around $400 (basic faceplates is $200 I think?)

But also that was for a Zeus which is 14 BAs, this is also 14 drivers but a tribrid

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #35,068 of 89,883
Last I saw in Aroma thread was $450, the email I received said $500 so I guess they've raised it. Obviously you are expected to cover shipping to and from Aroma as well.

For reference, Itsfit with premium faceplate options is around $400 (basic faceplates is $200 I think?)

But also that was for a Zeus which is 14 BAs, this is also 14 drivers but a tribrid
Are you going through Andrew ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back