The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 14, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #35,026 of 91,355
Treated my IE600 with the @EffectAudio Cadmus and my RSV with the Eros S from their latest signature series. RSV shows effective improvements with better dynamics. Heck after listening to it with the Eros S the stock cable feels bland hehe. I so wanted to change the cable of my IE600 ever since the day I got it(didn't like it at all). IE600 has minor improvements like bass feels a little tighter and the high-frequency notes are a bit smoother. But after listening to these minor changes, i can not go back to the stock cable at all hehe. Overall a worthy upgrade for me for both the IEMs.
IE600+Cadmus.jpg
RSV+RS2.jpg
On a different note, I lost my camera's memory stick with boatloads of images and video backup. My IE600 video review went with it, now will have to shoot it again entirely :frowning2: This gave me learning to back up my videos and photos after every shoot, a hard way to learn this though.
Ah, man. I feel your pain. Those lessons are hard, but usually only needed once. Good luck with the re-recording.

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #35,027 of 91,355
Those lessons are hard, but usually only needed once. Good luck with the re-recording.
Thanks man!! I don't mind the loss of the memory stick, I have more of them lying around. But the data lost is giving me tears. Was using the stick since 1 year or something so entire backup was only on it.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #35,028 of 91,355
After I had a momentary loss of my senses and bought the Orphy I thought I’d be done with cables, but we know how that goes.
Apparently, each of us justifies expensive purchases in this way.
Something like "well, it doesn't happen every month" or "I'll buy this expensive thing now and calm down for a long time, I won't need anything else for a long time", etc.
I know, I myself constantly succumb to such provocations of the devil, which whispers different thoughts into my left ear))

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #35,029 of 91,355
I know, I myself constantly succumb to such provocations of the devil, which whispers different thoughts into my left ear))
The devil on my shoulder was much more gently with me today as he told me I don't really need an expensive DAP to enjoy the music, even though he could clearly hear the vast uptick in sound quality between the RU6 and RS6 himself. He even asked me if I really wanted to travel with such a heavy brick in my backpack forever, and adviced me from the bottom of his heart (oh yes, devils do have one) that as long as I'm living out of a backpack I'd better focus on really portable improvements like an excellent cable or different eartips. Heck, he even suggested the FiR Gold/N17 modules! What's a man to do???

drftr

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #35,030 of 91,355
The devil on my shoulder was much more gently with me today as he told me I don't really need an expensive DAP to enjoy the music, even though he could clearly hear the vast uptick in sound quality between the RU6 and RS6 himself. He even asked me if I really wanted to travel with such a heavy brick in my backpack forever, and adviced me from the bottom of his heart (oh yes, devils do have one) that as long as I'm living out of a backpack I'd better focus on really portable improvements like an excellent cable or different eartips. Heck, he even suggested the FiR Gold/N17 modules! What's a man to do???

drftr
That finally explains your name to me! How is this lifestyle going for you?

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #35,032 of 91,355
im at two decades, no bag tho

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #35,033 of 91,355
im at two decades, no bag tho
No bag?? That's pretty hardcore... You don't have your Hugo with you when moving to your next destination? Or are even your gadgets in the cloud! Wow, wouldn't it be great if that were possible?? And no cables needed either! You just mentally log on to your configuration of choice and drft away.

drftr

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #35,034 of 91,355
No bag?? That's pretty hardcore... You don't have your Hugo with you when moving to your next destination? Or are even your gadgets in the cloud! Wow, wouldn't it be great if that were possible?? And no cables needed either! You just mentally log on to your configuration of choice and drft away.

drftr
sure, I just opted for domesticity with my leisure. Less options but more infrastructure.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #35,036 of 91,355
Good call my friend... In 3.5 months I will finish my first decade of living out of a bag 😃 So either I like it a lot, I'm really slow in the head, or... all of the above.

drftr
I think that's pretty cool. Wouldn't do it myself probably, but it's nice there are people like you out there. If you're ever in Germany (Rheinland-Pfalz) for some reason, you have a place to sleep here. And we can share music, too. Maybe I'll catch your drift one day, who knows :D

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #35,037 of 91,355
SpinFit W1 arrived today and rescued Twilight - one of the most difficult IEMs I've experienced in trying to get tips to work with. They've a thin/long nozzle and I either couldn't get a seal leaving no low end, or they went too far and very muffled - only occasionally managed to position tips to a point I could enjoy. These W1's are a Twilight game-changer :)

20220914_112703.jpg

Sep 14, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #35,038 of 91,355
I gave the honours to deflower my new love to Geddy Lee & Friends (Moving Pictures). Pretty cool... Had to use m20 to do his fab bass playing justice though.

Does the U18t stock cable really sound a bit nasty, almost like squeezed? It's like there's Van Den Hul cable inside or so. And like Skippy I definitely have to work on the eartips. I thought the stock silicone tips sounded best but it's very tough to get a seal, while my Spinfit 145 and Final E exaggerate the lean balance too much. Time for more shopping!

drftr

Sep 14, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #35,040 of 91,355
I basically got back "I have 3 cables and would suggest this one" which resulted in more questions than anticipated. So yeah, I think it would help the community and his time management if detailed descriptions and reviews would be available. Although part of the fun is the communication.

That can't be true as I have never ever heard them. I always was very interested in acquiring, but after deciding I will keep my Sony XM4 for actual travelling while using my U18t in my room only I haven't followed up demoing them.

Speaking of which, I'm on my way to pick up my new love for our first date!

drftr
Justin (drjuggles) told me that he is working on a website. That should help matters quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back