The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 18, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #3,961 of 4,694
I don't find the soundstage on the HI2050 significantly better than that on the Pro80. In my opinion the HI2050 has a poor soundstage for an open can and the Pro80's got a very good one for a closed can but obviously YMMV....

I got both headphones and the soundstage on the pro 80 isn't as good as the soundstage on the HI 2050's. But overall it's personal preference.

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #3,962 of 4,694
I got both headphones and the soundstage on the pro 80 isn't as good as the soundstage on the HI 2050's. But overall it's personal preference.

Of course I've got both as well, otherwise I'd never make such a comment. I use them both with HM5 pads though.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #3,964 of 4,694
Yeah but is it the newer version? I wouldn't buy the Hyper X cloud or the Takstar Pro 80. They suck for gaming because the soundstage is terrible.

If you want the Takstar Hi 2050 with a mic go and get the Qpad QH-85. The mic just isn't that good.

Cheap usb sound card Takstar Hi 2050 combined with the Sony ECMCS3 is the better and cheaper solution.
i just know they look the same as the one in amazon for $60

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,969 of 4,694
Anyone have any recommended sellers from aliexpress (or similar sites) for the Pro 80?

I found these: 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Takstar-Pro-80-Prefect-HI-FI-Headset-Pro-80-Professional-Monitor-Headphones-Audio-DJ-Stereo-Monitoring/816277_2043150859.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Takstar-Pro80-Pro-80-studio-headphone-HIFI-noise-isolating-headphones-studio-Professional-monitoring-headset-head/32529730288.html

Is there even a risk for fakes?

I assume the not "updated" version is preferable? 

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,970 of 4,694
i bought my 2050's from Arial XU in aliexpress and i recommend them.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #3,971 of 4,694

No fakes have been spotted in the wild as far as I can tell. What do you mean by updated version?

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,974 of 4,694
I've been using the Gemini HSR-1000 with a PCI audio card with integrated headphone amp (Asus Xonar DG) and I think i was only experiencing half the potential of these headphones before that.
I had used the headphones with a Galaxy S4, Fiio X1 and a samsung laptop. Of course, the best quality came from the Fiio and I thought that was about 100% of the max performance for these: \insert "never have I been so wrong" meme.

The volume and clarity I get from the new combo is great, I'm far from experienced in audio evaluation but what I hear is a lot more volume but completely under control, defined bass and no harsh highs or sibilance. I've listened to metal, R&B and Hip-Hop, mainly, a few symphonic albums and a couple dubstep songs i don't completely hate to see the amount of bass possible, everything has sounded better than expected. Now I kind of feel like "I need" a portable amp to use in combination with the Fiio, I'm currently convincing my wife about that, I've found it's a little easier to achieve when she can comprehend the advantages of quality audio, for that I've given to her a nice sansa clip zip and some decent iems
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,975 of 4,694
  I've been using the Gemini HSR-1000 with a PCI audio card with integrated headphone amp (Asus Xonar DG) and I think i was only experiencing half the potential of these headphones before that.
I had used the headphones with a Galaxy S4, Fiio X1 and a samsung laptop. Of course, the best quality came from the Fiio and I thought that was about 100% of the max performance for these: \insert "never have I been so wrong" meme.

The volume and clarity I get from the new combo is great, I'm far from experienced in audio evaluation but what I hear is a lot more volume but completely under control, defined bass and no harsh highs or sibilance. I've listened to metal, R&B and Hip-Hop, mainly, a few symphonic albums and a couple dubstep songs i don't completely hate to see the amount of bass possible, everything has sounded better than expected. Now I kind of feel like "I need" a portable amp to use in combination with the Fiio, I'm currently convincing my wife about that, I've found it's a little easier to achieve when she can comprehend the advantages of quality audio, for that I've given to her a nice sansa clip zip and some decent iems
wink_face.gif

Clip+ and Topping NX1 worked quite well for me with the Pro80. Pretty nice combo for a rather small price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back