The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #3,946 of 4,701
  Any news on the upcoming takstar wooden on ears?

Meanwhile:

I love wooden headphones, but those are pretty ugly imo

Judging by the specs, drivers are not takstar

http://www.urbanvinyl.org/

Rebranded takstar's, u can order whatever specs u want from takstar in the end takstar is a factory and they can produce/tune whatever they have on the catalogue if u order high enough quantities

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #3,947 of 4,701
I think I know where those headphones are coming from. Those are propably manufactured by Shenzen Iwod Electronics. These takstar copies have 84 ohm impedance. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Custom-high-quality-power-king-DJ_60282734289.html

It seems that urban vinyl "prototypes" were these golden headphones.

Woody has coiled cables going inside the cups. Iwod makes that kind of headphones too.

Wooden earcups might be manufactured by a third party but I think it is quite likely that those are made on order by Iwod. Iwod allready makes wooden headphones. You have propably seen one of these.

Now I'm actually quite intrigued by these headphones.  $179.99 is not a bad price for a fullsize wooden headphones...

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #3,948 of 4,701
  hurry while supplies last....i talked with some distributors of takstar in China and told me pro80 and HI2050 are already discontinued.

What discontinued? It's strange that you can even finde the new 2050 model on aliexpress. Really strange that the newer version wasn't even out that long. So has Takstar any succesor in the making?

I wanted to buy the HI 2500 MFI headphones so I can use my v-moda boom pro mic. But I haven't found a retailer who is selling them.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #3,949 of 4,701
  Thanks for the explanation.....I am going to look at the EQ instructions a little closer.  Joe Bloggs, in the Somic MH463, did the same thing as you, his graph, like yours is posted in that thread....I copied his settings, and the MH463 improved quite a bit.  Just as these settings for the HI2050.  I need to do some work....I am using jRiver Media Center 18, and it has two different Parametric EQ settings, but I keep a MS Word file with screen shots of the settings, to use to toggle back and forth between HP's.  I don't have my DT880's listed in my sig, but the rest of my IEM's and HP's are listed.  I am using an Audio-GD NFB2 DAC, and a Ming Da tube amp with some wonderful NOS Mullard tubes, and I have the advantage of using DHC Peptide type 2 litz on all of my headphones.  The cables make a big difference, but a good DAC and Amp should be purchased first.  I have as much $ in wire/cables as in my HP's themselves.

The Sennheisers are very good, and I have several cables, DHCPeptide, DHC Peptide Hybrid, DHC Fusion, and Cardas cables, DHC Peptide on my budget phones and DT880's, and the budget phones give the Senn's and the Beyers a good run for the money.  The MH463 had clearer sound that the Senn's, and better separation and low end, as well as the 2050 and the Pro 80, nothing lacking against the Senn's at all.  I will be keeping them all long term though!  Actually I listen to the Senn's less that the budget phones, mostly to compare sound!

I'm looking to get either the Somic MH463 or one of the Takstar's Hi2050, Pro 80 or the Hd600. I was originally planning to get the somic, but then i read a post you (cute) made in the somic thread about how you rewired and eq'ed them and the takstars as well as eq'ing them. Which would be the best to in the following situations provided i don't have an amp?

1. stock headphones with or without replacement earpads. No EQ
2. stock headphones with or without replacement earpads. With EQ
3. stock headphones with or without replacement earpads. No EQ but with re-cable
4. stock headphones with or without replacement earpads. With EQ and with re-cable
5.All of the above with an amp

Also is it possible or worth it to do a removable cable mod if recableing?

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #3,950 of 4,701
Hi i bought takstar hd 6000. Im at work now, but once im home, i can take photos, etc, and give my first impression if anyone cares.

Build quality - excellent, all plastic parts have rubbery feeling, the cable isnt removable but is really sturdy and have rubbery feeling as well.

Isolation - good. Though ears get warm. Overall comfortable

Sound quality - good bass, listening at higher volumes seems to increase clarity of sound.  Overall sound really well, from 30mins listening. You can hear every little detail, bass feels deep.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #3,952 of 4,701
  So, anyone know where I can still get the new HI2050 with the pro-80 headband? All vendors are sold out it seems :frowning2:

The chances are pretty low to get the newer version. Like mentioned before the HI 2050 and the Pro 80's are discontinued. No chance to get them on aliexpress. I highly doubt it that you can find them even on e-bay.

I have the newer version  but I don't know how many units were produced. I guess they haven't produced many.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,955 of 4,701
The chances are pretty low to get the newer version. Like mentioned before the HI 2050 and the Pro 80's are discontinued. No chance to get them on aliexpress. I highly doubt it that you can find them even on e-bay.

I have the newer version  but I don't know how many units were produced. I guess they haven't produced many.
hi2050 available today in aliexpress for $45 and $46, two different sellers.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,958 of 4,701
hi2050 available today in aliexpress for $45 and $46, two different sellers.

Yeah but is it the newer version? I wouldn't buy the Hyper X cloud or the Takstar Pro 80. They suck for gaming because the soundstage is terrible.

If you want the Takstar Hi 2050 with a mic go and get the Qpad QH-85. The mic just isn't that good.

Cheap usb sound card Takstar Hi 2050 combined with the Sony ECMCS3 is the better and cheaper solution.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,959 of 4,701
Yeah but is it the newer version? I wouldn't buy the Hyper X cloud or the Takstar Pro 80. They suck for gaming because the soundstage is terrible.

If you want the Takstar Hi 2050 with a mic go and get the Qpad QH-85. The mic just isn't that good.

Cheap usb sound card Takstar Hi 2050 combined with the Sony ECMCS3 is the better and cheaper solution.

I don't find the soundstage on the HI2050 significantly better than that on the Pro80. In my opinion the HI2050 has a poor soundstage for an open can and the Pro80's got a very good one for a closed can but obviously YMMV....

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,960 of 4,701

On the contrary, I use the Pro80 exclusively for gaming. Their soundstage isn't uber wide but it's it's wider than average and much better than most in this price bracket, where it's very good is the depth and height, as well as the imaging is very precise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back