The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #3,916 of 4,701
I tried the code when I had mine. It didn't work. I quickly stopped caring because they sounded too good to be fakes
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #3,917 of 4,701
I'll try it when i get mine :D
The seller emphasized that this was the real deal and the code works on their website.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #3,918 of 4,701
  I tried the code when I had mine. It didn't work. I quickly stopped caring because they sounded too good to be fakes
smile.gif

Just got mine half an hour ago. My code checks out! Mines 3096 2028 6218 2628 if anyones interested.

Edit: Tried my code again on their website and got this "The code has been queried 2 times, the first time was 2016-1-9 19:20:37. To prevent counterfeiting, the code only can be queried once. The product may be counterfeited if the first time you queried is inconsistent with the above date & time."

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #3,919 of 4,701
  Just got mine half an hour ago. My code checks out! Mines 3096 2028 6218 2628 if anyones interested.

Edit: Tried my code again on their website and got this "The code has been queried 2 times, the first time was 2016-1-9 19:20:37. To prevent counterfeiting, the code only can be queried once. The product may be counterfeited if the first time you queried is inconsistent with the above date & time."

Nice, even better when the code works. Sounds like you're counterfeiting yourself
tongue.gif
. Enjoy the headphones, I like to call them "budget stars."

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #3,920 of 4,701

Nice, even better when the code works. Sounds like you're counterfeiting yourself
tongue.gif
. Enjoy the headphones, I like to call them "budget stars."

Enjoying them right now. I do notice that some highs it sort of ticks. Hope they get better as I listen to them more. Trying to go through my albums to see what these cans can do.
Still debating if I should use my LG V10 or Fiio X3 (First gen)

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #3,922 of 4,701
i can find mine didn't used it yet but the build quality alone .... the sound can't be fake ....

edit: @Blurry
did u get the new version or the old one ?

I guess they are the newer versions.
I live in Hong Kong so I bought them through Taobao. Bought them on Thursday, arrived on Saturday.

These are the ones I got

http://b.mashort.cn/h.73jTD?sm=28b441

Here's a photo

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #3,926 of 4,701
hi everyone, this is my first post and I want to ask a question about pro 80 and hi2050 (is it okay to ask here?)

I want to get one of them to replace my hd2000, but I dont know which one
I know that pro 80 is better in general, but I read a lot of review that pro 80 is rather bassy than hi2050 (because of the design, maybe)
and is it true that pro 80 has laid back mid, slightly maybe? because I'm a mid lover and I cant stand too much bass, I heard a lot of acoustic

which one has the better mid? maybe in term of detail, clarity, or maybe in general
thanks in advance :)

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #3,927 of 4,701
hi everyone, this is my first post and I want to ask a question about pro 80 and hi2050 (is it okay to ask here?)

I know that pro 80 is better in general, but I read a lot of review that pro 80 is rather bassy than hi2050 (because of the design, maybe)
and is it true that pro 80 has laid back mid, slightly maybe? because I'm a mid lover and I cant stand too much bass, I heard a lot of acoustic

which one has the better mid? maybe in term of detail, clarity, or maybe in general

Pro80 is not really that bassy actually. If you want takstar's stuff that has a lot of bass, try the HD6000, hey have a good big mid bass punch. Clarity IMHO slightly cleaner on pro80. Hi2050 has thicker mids, but imho lacks clarity. Overall slightly cleaner on pro80 actually.

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #3,928 of 4,701
Pro80 is not really that bassy actually. If you want takstar's stuff that has a lot of bass, try the HD6000, hey have a good big mid bass punch. Clarity IMHO slightly cleaner on pro80. Hi2050 has thicker mids, but imho lacks clarity. Overall slightly cleaner on pro80 actually.

may I suggest the audio-technica ath-m30x? it is $69 in amazon, not bassy at all, great highs, very acceptable mids. I got mine with brainwavz pleather pads and sound much better than with stock pads (imo).

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #3,929 of 4,701

In my opinion the Pro80 has better bass than the HI2050. I also prefer it over them in general. I'm also a mid lover and I don't find them particularly recessed but rather very entertaining.

They're still one of my favorite headphones and the favorite among the closed headphones that I own.

I don't find the bass overwhelming in any way and I'm allergic to overwhelming bass (especially midbass) :wink:

Edit: my impressions is with HM5 pads on them.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #3,930 of 4,701

I would suggest the Samson Sr950 (Possibly a modded Superlux HD662). Just had it yesterday and it definitely trumps my HyperX Cloud (Pro80 clone) and HI2050 on acoustic music. There's also iSK HD9999, an AKG K 272 clone which, according to the few reviews I've read, is even better than the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back