The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 24, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #3,901 of 4,701
IMO, they work from an iphone, but they do improve with a headphone amp. Not a big hip hop fan myself, but based on the sound signature of these, and the little hip hop I've heard on them, I think they ought to work well :)

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #3,903 of 4,701
Amazon uk has takstars, but those are quite expensive there. I would not worry about import taxes when ordering from aliexpress. Most sellers have free shipping and they usually declare the parcel value lower than it is. I't is highly unlikely that customs pay any attention to headphone parcel worth of 10-20 euros. :)

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #3,904 of 4,701
the thing is i ordered few times from china in my country stuff that was worth like 50euros, each time i needed to pay import charges (VAT + other charges adding up extra 20euros), it really is joke in my country.. but ok il try.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #3,905 of 4,701
I think it might also depend on what you order. If it is heavy or electronics that is usually considered expensive customs might pay more interest in those. I usually order headphones, cables and baby diapers. Customs never care about those even though the value on the package is pretty much the same every time. I have ordered an amplifier couple of times and both times customs checked the package. Maybe it's just coincidence...who knows. Anyway...Best of luck! I hope you get the headphones without any extra fees :)

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #3,906 of 4,701
these headphones are driven very good directly through the iPhone. As for hip hop music they are great. Good low bass rumble and tight bass really brings the instrumentals together and you get a very nice tight, clean sound

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #3,907 of 4,701
Should I get the a) angled pleather earpads or b) normal sized hm5 pads? Planning to use it on a hyperx cloud, which pads would create a bigger soundstage?
a) http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-angled-memory-foam-earpad-black-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones
b) http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair?feedback=1&r_p=2

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #3,908 of 4,701
  Should I get the a) angled pleather earpads or b) normal sized hm5 pads? Planning to use it on a hyperx cloud, which pads would create a bigger soundstage?
a) http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-angled-memory-foam-earpad-black-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones
b) http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1-pair?feedback=1&r_p=2

Probably the angled pads.

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #3,909 of 4,701
I really love my pro80 I had them for Christmas. I try to sneak off when I can for a quiet listen which usually ends rather quickly by a rug rat diving on me. The new model they're about to realise seem more compact so I'll have a pair for out of the house.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #3,910 of 4,701

I believe your question has been answered many times already in this very thread, as well as many other places. A quick search for "subbass", "sub-bass" or "sub bass" will help.
From my own experience, I can say that it's in the "good" territory. The HyperX/Cloud to my ears have a fluid bass, okay texture, a bit on the bassy side. My DT880 has less bass quantity but can reach lower, my Sr325is bass punches harder but has less sub bass. When listening to EDM, most of the time I will boost 3-5 dbs below 90 Hz.
This is my current Equalizer APO (with PEACE GUI) settings for the HyperX Cloud:

Only peaks cutting:

With bass boost:

Which value have you set for Pre Amplifying in Peace Gui and for volume in your OS?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #3,911 of 4,701
Just got the new version of hi2050, im very satisfied with the build quality, they are build like a 70-100euros headphone, slightly better on this aspect than my k240. Can't comment on sound quality yet but it doesn't "wow" me, they are very good for the price indeed ! They are 28ohm instead of 60ohms which was the older version and 25gramms ligther than the old version ... i will a upload pictures and add more comments on a later time, i would really love to buy the old version and compare the both of them ! Exellent headphones for the price i paid 38euros shipped from aliexpress !

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #3,912 of 4,701
  They are 28ohm instead of 60ohms

I don't get this current trend of lowering impedance. 60ohm headphones can be driven by anything if the drivers are somewhat efficient atleast. There are people with high output impedance soundcards and tubeamplifiers who won't get a proper damping factor with their low impedance headphones, yet impedances lower than 60ohms hardly benefit anyone.
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #3,915 of 4,701
I'm getting my pair of HI2050 in the next few days from taobao. I'm wondering if any of you have tried the real product verification on takstars website?
I'm just curious about the validity of it and if anyone is willing to share their code. I want to see if alibaba and taobao sell these headphones using the same verification code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back