The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,261 of 4,699
Anyone know of a higher quality replacement velour pad for the 2050? And of course where I can purchase them. I ordered a pair of 2050's from JD.com and they are suppose to be here tomorrow! I've read the first 40 or so pages of this thread and know they are not as nice as the Beyers so I'd like to get another set in case I do not like the feel of the stock pads. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,262 of 4,699
Pro 80s are really hit and miss for me so far. Something to do with the midrange - I'm just not used to closed I guess. I was burning in with pink noise but that wasn't helping. They really don't leak much though so I can use them in the middle of the night at reasonable volumes.

Which is nice.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #1,263 of 4,699
I received the Takstar HI2050's today which is incredible because I just ordered them on the 2nd (of January!) from JD.com which is in China. I only paid $37 total with shipping so I think it is a fantastic deal. I was worried about getting a used pair or getting nothing at all but JD.com sent a brand new retail packaged set of headphones. I am still amazed at the speed of shipping. I opened the box and they do look a little cheap on close inspection. Certainly not as well built as my Beyerdynamic DT880 (600ohm) phones but I connected them to my JDS Labs O2 amp and feed them some music through an excellent sounding Samsung bluray player I use as for headphone listening. They sounded way better than I thought they would, a little sharp but clean and clear. I'm going to let them burn in for a few and post the results but either way these things sound great for $37 bucks shipped from China. I have the Superlux 668's and I really enjoy them so I want to see if these will end up sounding better than them after burn in. Right now I would say if you have limited funds grab these. I am impressed and hope they get even better as time goes on. More to follow.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,265 of 4,699
Had to post a quick update on these. First off they sound good... really too good for the price. There is a little harshness in the treble and the bass lacks a bit of authority. Overall though clean and crisp and musical. They are just big enough for me at maximum settings on the headband. I'm prob a 7 5/8" hat size, 7 1/2" is a bit small and 7 3/4" is too big. The Chinese must have some small heads if this is the biggest the headphone will go. They sound great when you first put them on then as you listen you begin to hear the shortcomings, which are not too bad though. I think with 50-100 hrs burn in they will sound even better. I am impressed. Was thinking of getting the Pro 80 but read they are smaller than these so decided against it. These are fun!

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #1,266 of 4,699
I purchased a pair of Trakstar Pro 80 after someone told me about them. I only found another thread until now. I order them at 6am this morning and by 2pm the same day they were on my hands, I'm nothing short of amazed at the packaging, build and most all the sound these put out. I paid $69 Aud for them and I'm flawed by the sound through my studio v

You can read more in the link below before I found this thread, but holly smokes its a great headphone!

To good for money! They're giving my Yamaha MT220 Studio Monitors a good run!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668274/suggestion-pleasee-takstar-pro-80-or-sennheiser-hd-449-or-any-suggestion#post_10146606

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,268 of 4,699
  Yep. I listened to the Pro 80 last night and forgot how good it was for the price. It won't beat my HE-500, but it definitely punches into the $200 range with its clarity.

Why you selling the HE-500 then? They are pretty much close to audio perfection for me, don't want to let these babies go (unless for the HE-6 hehe)
Gonna hit up the Pro 80 soon, ready to pull the trigger. Seems like it can compete with some of the big boys

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,269 of 4,699
  Why you selling the HE-500 then? They are pretty much close to audio perfection for me, don't want to let these babies go (unless for the HE-6 hehe)
Gonna hit up the Pro 80 soon, ready to pull the trigger. Seems like it can compete with some of the big boys

Gotta save up for the HE-560 :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,271 of 4,699
My Takstar pro 80 turned up today.. pretty amazed how good they sounded out of the box. Can't imagine getting much better cans for the money. How long do they need to burn in? Are there any mods to make them even better?

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,272 of 4,699
FWIW, I asked Takstar which was their best between Pro 80, HD5500, and HD6000.  This is what she said:

"I prefer HD6000, it features clear highs and punchy bass."

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #1,274 of 4,699
I purchased a pair of Trakstar Pro 80 after someone told me about them. I only found another thread until now. I order them at 6am this morning and by 2pm the same day they were on my hands, I'm nothing short of amazed at the packaging, build and most all the sound these put out. I paid $69 Aud for them and I'm flawed by the sound through my studio v

You can read more in the link below before I found this thread, but holly smokes its a great headphone!

To good for money! They're giving my Yamaha MT220 Studio Monitors a good run!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668274/suggestion-pleasee-takstar-pro-80-or-sennheiser-hd-449-or-any-suggestion#post_10146606

Thanks to you. I've just ordered these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back