The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 11, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,291 of 4,701
I have complained so often to Takstar about the coiled cable on Pro80, that they now have decided to change it for a normal one, it only took 67 mails 
happy_face1.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,293 of 4,701
Takstars are really great bang for the buck cans, I just hate it whenever I let my friends hear them and they say "wow these are great what are they?" And they find out its a China brand and automatically look down on me

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,298 of 4,701

The smart thing would be to return the Shures, get the 2050 and see if they fullfill your needs, if they do not get the Shures and yoy have wasted as little money as possible
I think the difference is more a sidestep in quality than a step up, going form 2050 to 840 or vise versa..

I've been using both (SRH840/HI2050) headsets for almost two weeks (one week each) and i must say i really love the HI 2050s, the sound quality is amazing and they are much more comfortable (i've a big head).

I'll keep the Takstars, in fact i'd love to try the HD6000.

pic: http://i.imgur.com/vHkMl9e.jpg

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,299 of 4,701

The smart thing would be to return the Shures, get the 2050 and see if they fullfill your needs, if they do not get the Shures and yoy have wasted as little money as possible
I think the difference is more a sidestep in quality than a step up, going form 2050 to 840 or vise versa..

I've been using both (SRH840/HI2050) headsets for almost two weeks (one week each) and i must say i really love the HI 2050s, the sound quality is amazing and they are much more comfortable (i've a big head).

I'll keep the Takstars, in fact i'd love to try the HD6000.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #1,300 of 4,701
I've ordered my Takstar Pro 80 at Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd.  and I mailed him asking if the shipping problem, mentioned earlier, was solved. He ensured me there were no problems anymore so I payed the order. It took a week before he acually shipped the headphones. After shipping it he send me a message to tell me he had to use DHL because - yes, here it comes - there were problems with shipping true China post
biggrin.gif

He asked if I would be so nice to pay the additional $5 but I refused out of the principal part of the matter. I did ask him about it. But it's on it's way and the upside of using DHL is that they are allready in Germany now. So I guess I will recieve them this week
L3000.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,302 of 4,701
  I've ordered my Takstar Pro 80 at Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd.  and I mailed him asking if the shipping problem, mentioned earlier, was solved. He ensured me there were no problems anymore so I payed the order. It took a week before he acually shipped the headphones. After shipping it he send me a message to tell me he had to use DHL because - yes, here it comes - there were problems with shipping true China post
biggrin.gif

He asked if I would be so nice to pay the additional $5 but I refused out of the principal part of the matter. I did ask him about it. But it's on it's way and the upside of using DHL is that they are allready in Germany now. So I guess I will recieve them this week
L3000.gif

DHL is like $30 worth of shipping. If they screwed up on you before, then yes you shouldn't have to pay more, but $5 is reasonable.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,303 of 4,701
No they haven't screwed me, but someone on this thread told something about a similar shipping problem where the seller told him he had to pay an additional fee to have the phones shipped. So as a warned man I asked him about this and gave him the chance to be honest and tell me China post refuses to ship headphones. He said there was no problem whatsoever.

But at the moment I got to admit I'm a bit ashamed because I didn't realize shipping would be this fast: shipped the 8th and it's allready in Brussels on the 12th
blink.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #1,304 of 4,701
Where is the best place for someone in Canada to purchase PRO80?  I have a member interested though cannot find any on eBay USA?

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,305 of 4,701
  Where is the best place for someone in Canada to purchase PRO80?  I have a member interested though cannot find any on eBay USA?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gemini-Gemini-DJ-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-Black-/360827468984?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item5402fe3cb8&_uhb=1

Same headphone rebranded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back