Lets get this hype train started
biggrin.gif

Did you jump onboard? 
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFk2WJRhqw

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #1,278 of 4,701
Been itching to buy something. At least this one doesn't cause such a big dent

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,281 of 4,701
Another update on the HI2050's as they continue to burn-in. About 40-50hrs on them now, btw anyone have these and can tell me when burn-in is completed in their opinion? They are a little small, just a hair too small for me but I can still enjoy them. They get a little harsh in the high end on some material but also can sound very detailed as well. Bass is good but not great a little lacking at times but I do like them... now is the Pro 80 the same exact headphone just with a closed back? Does anyone have both and are they the exact same size? Also does the Pro 80 sound better than the HI2050?
I am running them from a cd player and JDS Labs O2 amp. I also have a LD MKIII. Little harsh in the high frequencies on both amps
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #1,282 of 4,701
Takstar Hi-2050 sound very very good when paired with the highest quality recordings. (Telarc, Harmonia Mundi, ECM) And tend to sound over bright, metallic and thin with most modern (over compressed) music.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #1,283 of 4,701
Another update on the HI2050's as they continue to burn-in. About 40-50hrs on them now, btw anyone have these and can tell me when burn-in is completed in their opinion? They are a little small, just a hair too small for me but I can still enjoy them. They get a little harsh in the high end on some material but also can sound very detailed as well. Bass is good but not great a little lacking at times but I do like them... now is the Pro 80 the same exact headphone just with a closed back? Does anyone have both and are they the exact same size? Also does the Pro 80 sound better than the HI2050?
I am running them from a cd player and JDS Labs O2 amp. I also have a LD MKIII. Little harsh in the high frequencies on both amps :frowning2:
I didn't keep track of when burn-in is complete but the bass actually lessens to a degree and the treble smooths out. When you don't ifnd the highs harsh anymore, I think you've hit it. Hi2050/Pro80 is basically the same cans. Just slight differences. Someone bought both and took them apart w/ pics. LINK

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #1,284 of 4,701
I hope you enjoy them, I've been putting many hours on mine (on my ears that is) I use them with Studio V (2nd Edition)

I had them in my photo booth this afternoon.

Can't wait. You have a photo booth?

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,285 of 4,701
I'm not sure how I feel about loosing bass...I'd like a little more actually.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,286 of 4,701
EQ it. :) I don't think it loses that much. I don't know if it's my ears adjusting but on initial impression, bass hit quite a bit harder than my DT880s but now they're about equal, slight nod to the Hi2050 but it doesn't seem as apparent anymore.

On second thought, I would ignore a lot of what I said because I modded my pair. I replaced the internal wiring with a thicker gauge copper, which might attribute to the differences I'm hearing now. Sorry, my bad. :D

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,288 of 4,701
The 2050 were useless for me because of their open nature. The sound was good, but everyone around could hear what I was listening to clearly.

I really like the HD5500, though they're clearly skewed for those who like a lot of bass. I keep telling myself I have plenty of headphones, but I'm tempted to try the Pro 80's as well...

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #1,289 of 4,701
I am running them from a cd player and JDS Labs O2 amp. I also have a LD MKIII. Little harsh in the high frequencies on both amps
frown.gif

I had the HI2050 - got to audition the Pro 80 after about 6 months of enjoying the HI2050. The Pro 80 is a smaller headphone - the HI2050 was ample for my head but the Pro80s are really really stretching it - I have them in the most extended setting and they just barely fit my head. 

On to the audition: The HI 2050 is a wonderful headphone that has great qualities, I won't say anything bad about it. However - they were not a good match for me. The highs annoyed me from the first time I heard them - they were simply to harsh for me - I couldn't stop thinking about the highs of the 2050s. As soon as I tried the pro80s I realised these were much more suited to my taste. They have an ever so slight veil (which to me is less than most sennheisers but similar), the bass is more prominent and the highs play much nicer. I sold my 2050s and got pro80s and I absolutely love them. I have yet to hear a 200$ or less headphone that sounds as good (I also haven't heard that many). The sound signature of the pro80 reminds me very much of the sennheiser momentums (keep in mind I have spent very little time with them) and there is just a quality that I don't have enough experience to describe that makes them just click for me.

To me the HI2050 is a more comfortable and larger headphone. However the pro80s are superior in every way soundwise (except maybe soundstage but the soundstage on the 2050s isnt really something to base buying them on). I put HM5 pads with cables under the pads (cable mod - so they squish less) on my pro80s and that makes the comfort of them excellent. One last thing to write about is the isolation of the pro80s. They dont look the part but they isolate rediculously well (compared to what I have tried) - they isolate so well that when I'm playing games and skyping my voice gets very loud because I can't hear myself talk which can be annoying but in the library it is a godsend :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,290 of 4,701
Can't wait. You have a photo booth?

Indeed I own a light tent for product photos. But of course my images are then edited using a pretty popular program to add final touches. 

Before I made the edit, the picture looked like this.

Then after the magic working exposure and some other tools you get the final result.

I was up until 6am this morning laying down listening to trance on my PRO80, I own some $650 hybrids and have on hand an original 1Plus2, though still find myself very intrigued by PRO80, I don't think I've had so much fun for $69 in a long time and that's what this hobby should be about, buying a headphone putting it on and smiling. Now it does have limitations of course, we're not going to take down HD800 anytime soon, though you cannot help but smile at the sound of these Trakstar headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back