The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 12, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #3,226 of 4,697
  Not sure why you guys don't order from amazon for an extra $10. I've read a review somewhere that said some of the ali-express ones didn't come with packaging, which would personally be  red flag for me because the authentication code is on the box. Be sure you get your authentication code (a scratch off on the box) and use it on the takstar site to make sure they are authentic. The hifi2050s I bought came in an English-written box with a scratch off authentication code that I was able to verify on the takstar (english translated) site.

I ordered the one without the box on purpose, it was 25 bucks cheaper. I haven't heard about fake Pro 80's, wasn't a concern. I'm happy with my purchase.

May 12, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,228 of 4,697
Hi ... i also bought a pair of Takstar HD6000 Monitor.
Anyone with experience of this model ?
I decided to buy them:
1)   for me the ear cups must be circular, given that the drivers are and the best HPs out there are.  I sincerely do not know why not all the HPs are circular
2)   looking at the specs they should use the same drivers of the Pro80
3)   there should allow for a better placement on the head. I miss the possibility to rotate the ear cups also on the vertical axis and not only in the horizontal. Again i sincerely do not know why not all the HPs are allow for this two-axis rotation. 
Thanks and regards,  gino

May 12, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #3,229 of 4,697
Well, I'm happy because they've shipped forward my headphones. They appear to be in transit from NL to Italy, which is good, hoping the information given is accurate.

I'm posting this for future reference:

I suppose they should be here by end of the week.

May 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #3,230 of 4,697

Amazon.it does not have them. Third Party sellers have them but they sell them for wayyyy too much. Same for the Takstars. Only website that has them is either AliExpress, Ebay or Amazon.co.uk. On co.ok they cost 77€ + shipping since I live in Italy. That's too much for me considering I can get the Pro80s via AliExpress for 35€.

If anyone has a European Store from which I could order a pair of these, please tell me!

Well the Hi2050s I ordered come without the box BUT come with the Authentication Code (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMS-free-shipping-for-Russia-Takstar-hi-2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Open-Dynamic-Audio-Headphone/462351919.html). You find everything in description.

Reviews from the seller I bought from are 100% positive and he's sold something like 200 pairs so I'm confident everything is good. Seller replied more than once and gave me all the information I needed and was also very kind and polite. Plus it's extra cheap...

Considering that the Pro80s would cost me around 80€ from Amazon.co.uk and I could get them for 35€ from AliExpress without case OR 45€ (52.99USD) with the case, it's 25€ difference... It's a pair of "free" NVX or HM5 pleather pads!

P.S. Good news guys... Looks like the ship arrived 
tongue_smile.gif

amazon has them in the US because i ordered my gemini's and got them within 3-4 days. i think the seller was actiongear .

May 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #3,231 of 4,697
  I got a HSR 1000 from an Amazon seller with Prime for 49.99, not sure what the problem is.

I am having a problem putting the jack into my laptop, it only works if I hold it in at a certain angle, my other headphones work fine, do I need to buy a headphone extension cable to get it working or something or is the HSR 1000 simply not for me? :frowning2:

On out of the box sound quality... if this is 120 dollar quality then I have been greatly underestimating the headphones I have had in the past, especially my JVC s680, its soundstage is like 3x bigger at least.

order some hm5 pads for your gemini's it's worth it.

May 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #3,232 of 4,697
Yeah I'm sure Amazon.com has them, problem is that things coming from the US to Europe go through customs... Anything that costs more than 22-25€ automatically gets taxed with custom fees, which increase the overall price.

May 12, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #3,233 of 4,697
  Well, I'm happy because they've shipped forward my headphones. They appear to be in transit from NL to Italy, which is good, hoping the information given is accurate.

I'm posting this for future reference:

I suppose they should be here by end of the week.

From where do you get all the information? I can't track my order.

May 12, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #3,234 of 4,697
I asked the seller for further information when he confirmed the article had been shipped...

So basically what he described:

This shipping method used by your seller is to ensure a more efficient shipping service. You can track your order herewww.yw56.com.cn/english/index.aspx. For more information, please contact the seller

Hello friend,
Yes, shipping by Netherlands Post! They have agents office in China..
Goods in transit, about the status will be updated after a few days, please wait.. Then you can track the status of items on the Netherlands or Italy website.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!

So far I've been tracking with Yanwen although sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, probably too much server requests coming from China. I've also used 17track, Netherlands Post, and Poste Italiane since the basic process in my case is Yanwen ---> Netherlands Post ---> Poste Italiane ---> Destination.

Once it arrives in your country I believe you should track it with your national postal services though!

May 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #3,236 of 4,697
Just had these come in today:

May 12, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #3,237 of 4,697
May 12, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #3,238 of 4,697
  order some hm5 pads for your gemini's it's worth it.

Man I need to get a headphone extension cable to even plug it in, 2 dollar value which will takes months to arrive from china. And 20 dollar HM5 pads for a headphone that has shrill treble and zero soundstage, similar to my 15 dollar philips IEM. 

Actually, its sound signature is a lot like the Philips 3595, albiet with a bit more detail and a sub-bass boost instead of a mid-bass boost.

Why is the CAL! worse again? Does it have less detailed mids?

May 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3,240 of 4,697
Man I need to get a headphone extension cable to even plug it in, 2 dollar value which will takes months to arrive from china. And 20 dollar HM5 pads for a headphone that has shrill treble and zero soundstage, similar to my 15 dollar philips IEM. 

Actually, its sound signature is a lot like the Philips 3595, albiet with a bit more detail and a sub-bass boost instead of a mid-bass boost.

Why is the CAL! worse again? Does it have less detailed mids?

If you think it's really that bad then no amount of pads or cable will fix it. The Pro80 doesn't have shrill treble IMO in fact I think it's treble is quite rolled off and could be more forward. You may be very treble sensitive. My CAL2 has more treble presence than the Pro80 so something is amiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back