The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 3, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,941 of 4,701
  This might sound infamous, but I don't particularly *want* to create my own cable. I'll pay someone to make the mod for me in due time, the cable is where I could go ahead and purchase something from eBay. That's why I asked, though I do appreciate your guys' sentiment, I'm just not very much of a DIYer when it comes to headphones. Would something like this do? http://www.ebay.com/itm/111384013170?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm very much open to suggestions also.

how much are you willing to pay?

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #2,943 of 4,701
I've got a question about the HM5 pads for the Takstar Pro80: did something change in the sizing? I'm having a bit of trouble fitting the HM5 pads on the takstars. The inner diamater is also quite a bit smaller then the takstars.

Anyone got some tips?

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,944 of 4,701
It is unlikely that the size of the pads has changed. Use some force the pads are very durable. If you still can't get the pads on you could remove the plastic ring held by 4 screws. I think it will be easier to fit the ring into the pad like that. Then you can attach the screws through the fabric cover. Screwdriver should not break the fabric if you are carefull. I haven't done it but I guess there is no reason why it could not be done.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2,945 of 4,701
I've put the HM5 pads of the Goldring DR150 which has larger ear cups than the Pro 80s. I've found that the trick is to stretch the pads over the whole flange and then using something like a thin butter knife or similar go around and push the sleeve thingy into the inside between the 2 flanges. Its kinda hard to explain with words. I hope you understand.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #2,946 of 4,701
I've put the HM5 pads of the Goldring DR150 which has larger ear cups than the Pro 80s. I've found that the trick is to stretch the pads over the whole flange and then using something like a thin butter knife or similar go around and push the sleeve thingy into the inside between the 2 flanges. Its kinda hard to explain with words. I hope you understand.

How is the sound....What change..when using this HM5 pad...Cheers

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #2,947 of 4,701

Managed it by being slightly less gentile, thanks!

I like the comfort of the new pads but  they completely and utterly killed the bass on the Pro 80s. Anyone else got that? The sibilance is slightly less though so that's nice.

Are the pleather pads bass killers as well on the pro 80? Or do they have other "problems"?

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #2,948 of 4,701

I like the comfort of the new pads but  they completely and utterly killed the bass on the Pro 80s. Anyone else got that? The sibilance is slightly less though so that's nice.

Are the pleather pads bass killers as well on the pro 80? Or do they have other "problems"?

I've used pleather HM5 pads on PRO 80 and haven't noticed any bass reduction. It did improve in comfort and made the stage broader and deeper.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #2,952 of 4,701
How is the sound....What change..when using this HM5 pad...Cheers

The change in sound is very slight. A little more bass and soundstage. The treble smooths out a bit. Comfort over 9000.

Bass gets boomier, soundstage wider and deeper and treble less prominent.

Hmm, that sounds good. Better upgrade again :p

Doesn't the pleather get hot? That's one of the reasons I wanted to replace the original pads 

It gets less hot that the stock pads. I watch movies with them and it never gets uncomfortable for me.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #2,954 of 4,701
Regarding this cable thing. I read somewhere that changing the factory cable to something better on a HD2000 significantly improved sound quality. Is this true for Pro 80 as well? Or at all?

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #2,955 of 4,701
Regarding this cable thing. I read somewhere that changing the factory cable to something better on a HD2000 significantly improved sound quality. Is this true for Pro 80 as well? Or at all?

Cable changes are all placebo. If you believe it then it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back