The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #79 of 615
Interesting.  That's the same year the TTVJ Portable Millett Hybrid came out as well.

... and the plot thicken. :wink:

Not related actually. TTVJ Portable Millett Hybrid is a two tubes design and Tubeamp is always single tube design.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #80 of 615
There was a big stink when the Continental came out too, with claims of copies or people stealing designs blah blah. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #81 of 615
Omg ClieOS changed his avatar???!? He's had one of those spider/tank/children things from the Ghost in the Shell tv anime for YEARS!

Edit: nope, it's just my tired eyes playing tricks on me.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #82 of 615
Quote:
Omg ClieOS changed his avatar???!? He's had one of those spider/tank/children things from the Ghost in the Shell tv anime for YEARS!
Edit: nope, it's just my tired eyes playing tricks on me.

biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #83 of 615
Quote:
Surprisingly analytical and clean for tube amp, though more suitable for high impedance headphone rather than low impedance IEM.
The company has been making portable tube amp years ahead of ALO, so this isn't a clone at all. The guy behind the company began to develop portable tube amp since 2005, and the first commercial model (BL-1) was released back in 2007.

So is the BL-2  available for sale on any site or forum? I've already found the BL-1 on ebay and another site (BL-1 link).

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #84 of 615
Wondering weather I should get the e17 or bassio t3? I need to drive a 50 olm headphone and listen to it at loud levels. I'm not sure what all this jargon means so could someone tell me which has more power and would be better for driving such a headphone. I'm leaning twords the t3 because it has more portibilaty and less hissing from what i've heard.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #85 of 615
It is on Taobao, I believe. But I have not seen it on any international market place.

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #86 of 615
I'm thinking I'll just get the FiiO E11. No tubes that wear out, the option of suitably amping a wide variety of headphones, user-replaceable battery, pocket-sized portable... I may be a little biased because I loved my E5 as my first headphone amp. Of course, that's just what I feel is the most practical choice today, I might throw practicality out the window :wink:

What do you think Feiao? E11 or get a tube experiment now and an E12 when that comes out? :D

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #87 of 615
Wondering weather I should get the e17 or bassio t3? I need to drive a 50 olm headphone and listen to it at loud levels. I'm not sure what all this jargon means so could someone tell me which has more power and would be better for driving such a headphone. I'm leaning twords the t3 because it has more portibilaty and less hissing from what i've heard.

If it is full-sized headphone, E17 would be a better choice. Though T3 can deliver quite a bit of current into low impedance load, it is not suitable for high impedance load where voltage swing is more important.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #88 of 615
Quote:

Do you need the DAC functionality?  Are you interested in the EQ settings on the E17?  If neither of those are needed then why not the E11?  Save you some $$ and that should have plenty of power for you.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #89 of 615
Don't know what a dac does. The EQ i'm not really interested in. I'm not sure what impedance means or a lot of this stuff means or else I would just look at the stats myself which is why i'm asking you guys.
pastedGraphic.pdf

But this headphone has 50 olms impedance, I don't know if that's a lot or a little. I guess I want minimal hissing because a lot of my music has a lot of atmospheric silence and hissing tends to bother me. So for power/lack of hissing what would be the best choice for a 50 olm headphone between the e11, e17, and t3? I don't really care about the money difference. For the sake of conversation lets just pretend they where all the same price, so even if one is just a little bit better despite the price difference I would want to get it.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #90 of 615
Quote:
Don't know what a dac does. The EQ i'm not really interested in. I'm not sure what impedance means or a lot of this stuff means or else I would just look at the stats myself which is why i'm asking you guys.
pastedGraphic.pdf

But this headphone has 50 olms impedance, I don't know if that's a lot or a little. I guess I want minimal hissing because a lot of my music has a lot of atmospheric silence and hissing tends to bother me. So for power/lack of hissing what would be the best choice for a 50 olm headphone between the e11, e17, and t3? I don't really care about the money difference. For the sake of conversation lets just pretend they where all the same price, so even if one is just a little bit better despite the price difference I would want to get it.

A DAC is used to connect the amp to a PC's USB port so that you bypass the PC's crummy soundcard.  If you aren't going to use your PC, then you don't need it.

I don't know those amps so I'll let someone else comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back