The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #21,813 of 24,807
When I receive it and find out it is not the candidate for spritzers mods I might consider selling it to you for the price I paid for plus shipping since it looks like you are need of an amp.

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #21,814 of 24,807
Apr 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #21,815 of 24,807
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/659857/stax-sr-007-omega-ii-mk1-electrostatic-earspeakers-toronto-canada
ohoho $1800 for this then $1k for his 717.

Always been confused about the mk1 and mk2. Do both come in silver? I've only seen silver O2's on head-fi... well maybe a black one once, but it's been too long to remember. If I remember correctly, the MKI had 2 models and the MKII had 2 models. 

And then there's.... http://www.head-fi.org/t/659881/liquid-lightning-mkii-audition-program

I got the 009 bug recently... 
redface.gif
 I knew I shouldn't have tried it 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Didn't want to let go of them but in order tobe able to afford the 009 I'll need to let these wonderful headphones go.... I'm even trying to think of a way to budget so that I'd be able to keep these, so we'll see what happens...

As for the models I believe the MK1's came in 1) Champaign (not pure silver colour, which you may have mistaken) with brown pads or 2) All black version and MKII's in 1) All Black version and 2) Silver version with Black pads.

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #21,818 of 24,807
Mk1's are favored by most (not everybody) over the Mk2's.
Both are relatively dark, (a characteristic that improves with better amplifiers), but paradoxically very clear and extremely enjoyable.
The Mk1's have a more linear frequency response' the Mk2's have a mild bump in the midbass that many don't like.
The Mk2's cord connection with the earspeaker is better and less prone to damage, although the Mk1's are durable as long as you are careful not pulling on the cords.
I sold my Mk1's which I really liked, in order to buy the 009's, which I really, really like :)
If you can find an Mk1 in excellent shape from a reputable member, 1800.00 is a very good price. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #21,819 of 24,807
Quote:
Quote:

redface.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

beerchug.gif

Me too. And I haven't even tried them yet!

Buh-bye HD800's
frown.gif
(sniff)

Coming soon:

Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal...

Send me a kiss by wire... baby, my heart's on fire!

I suppose we're gonna see what my system is made of...
popcorn.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #21,820 of 24,807
Quote:

Me too. And I haven't even tried them yet!

Buh-bye HD800's
frown.gif
(sniff)

Coming soon:

Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal...

Send me a kiss by wire... baby, my heart's on fire!

I suppose we're gonna see what my system is made of...
popcorn.gif

Hey congrats! You'll love them. As amazing as the HD800s are, these babies will fill that void and then some!

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #21,821 of 24,807
When I receive it and find out it is not the candidate for spritzers mods I might consider selling it to you for the price I paid for plus shipping since it looks like you are need of an amp.

If that set of circumstances occurs, I would definitely appreciate it if you threw me that bone. 
floatsmile.png

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #21,822 of 24,807
Quote:
Mk1's are favored by most (not everybody) over the Mk2's.
Both are relatively dark, (a characteristic that improves with better amplifiers), but paradoxically very clear and extremely enjoyable.
The Mk1's have a more linear frequency response' the Mk2's have a mild bump in the midbass that many don't like.
The Mk2's cord connection with the earspeaker is better and less prone to damage, although the Mk1's are durable as long as you are careful not pulling on the cords.
I sold my Mk1's which I really liked, in order to buy the 009's, which I really, really like :)
If you can find an Mk1 in excellent shape from a reputable member, 1800.00 is a very good price. 

O i c... thanks gilency. I wonder what stax man has to say 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
MK1's are silver, champagne sort of colour, MK2's are black. MK1's are superior to to the other two versions of the MK2's. Spritzer can confirm further.

Quote:

redface.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Didn't want to let go of them but in order tobe able to afford the 009 I'll need to let these wonderful headphones go.... I'm even trying to think of a way to budget so that I'd be able to keep these, so we'll see what happens...

As for the models I believe the MK1's came in 1) Champaign (not pure silver colour, which you may have mistaken) with brown pads or 2) All black version and MKII's in 1) All Black version and 2) Silver version with Black pads.

Thanks guys :D 
Best of luck with your sale k_19, it'll probably be gone pretty soon. If you don't want them sold, best of lucky with finding a way to keep them and get the 009's 

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #21,823 of 24,807
With the descriptions of the 007 versions mentioned, I do not see much talk about which dust cloth is being used with them? A member here posted about this which led me to take a look at mine, there is quite a difference when comparing the two. I am currently using the thinner cloth with the mk2 pad, anyone else feel this should be noted? 

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #21,824 of 24,807
Quote:

The SR-007BL, which is the black version of the Mk1, is not entirely black: it has the metal parts in champaign color and only the leather parts in black (headband, pads) and a black cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back