The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #21,663 of 24,807
The Stax site still lists that replacement pads are available for the SR-X so they should be easy to source. 
Quote:

Hello Spritzer.

Can you explain to me why, according you, the circuits of the amplifier OTL RKV Mark2 would be bad, in particular for an original direct association with the WEE+009 ? Not enough output voltage ? Too much distorsion ? Bad harmonious ?
Thank you for your expertise.

It's a cheap opamp driving a basic tube based phase splitter and a very dubious output stage.  After all that you send the signal through a cheap PSU capacitor...  Not good by any standard and the only reason it was popular back in the day was a dire lack of headphone amps.  Most of the competition was even worse, basic opamp buffers and almost no tube amps to speak of.  Once there were more amps the interest in the RKV died quickly. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #21,664 of 24,807

[size=18.0pt]Confrontation of the SRM 727 007t2 and RKV-WEE on 009 and 007[/size]

[size=11pt]Good evening, I finally passed in the listening in the afternoon of 3 systems of development of foots the bill Stax SR 007 mk3 and SR 009 at my disposal: amplis Stax SRM 727-II (mine); SRM 007t2 (that of Pierre) and combi RKV MK2 + WooAudio WEE; every ampli connected on good phase sector (what obliged me to invert the sense(direction) of the cordon sector between the WEE-RKV and the amplis Stax (having no same visible sense of it phase)[/size]

[size=11pt]. Results on the listening of a test CD (Stéphane Grappelli and Michel Petrucciani in the album Flamingo)[/size]

[size=11pt]Reserved CD because very well registered(recorded), but however quickly hard in the treble with a bad system; quickly lung and dislocated in the grave (followed by the double bass) with a bad system; brief, quickly unpleasant to listen to with a bad system :wink: [/size]

[size=11pt]And the winner is.[/size]
[size=11pt]... The walkman MP3 of my wife:mdr: [/size]
It is not true, because it is so small that I did not find him where he hides and thus I was not able to test him …

And the winner(conqueror) is …

To go to you quickly the knowledge :) 

I proceeded with method :wink: 

[size=11pt]At first listening of the range 4 of this test CD Flamingo with my 727 + 007 mk3: results : intimist sound stage (that is not extra wide); soft and inarticulate basses (not obvious to follow), but there is of the curvature ( a soft curvature); the violin and the piano are not unpleasant to hear, stamps are rather fine, but with a rather curious presentation of " clearly - dark ". [/size]
[size=11pt]I am understandable: the top-medium is rather dark (set back), the low medium is rather carnal, but there is also a bright aura and a sparkling of the very clear acute extreme, being able on this recording, by its insistence(emphasis) for the acute percussions and harmonious acute of the violin, the tiring future.[/size]

[size=11pt]By listening to the same range 4 of this test CD Flamingo with my 007 mk3, but this time connected on him 007t2 of Pierre, I found the a little better listening in the sense than 007t2 limit, in my ear, the sparkling of the acute extreme which I find with 007 mk3 + 727. Stamps are also more refined; the a little wider, more clean sound image. The basses of 007 mk3 + 007t2 are a little bit set back with regard to that of 007 mk3 + 727, not very dynamic, but maybe be a little more articulated  than those of 727 with 007 mk3. The listening of 007 mk3 with him 007t2 is globally more pleasant, less tiring in the acute extreme than with 727, a little more refined, but without being an outstanding leader in dynamism. [/size]
[size=11pt]Thus I have in the end a small preference of 007t2 + 007mk3 with regard to727 + 007mk3.[/size]

[size=11pt]Now let us cross tuned tothe range 4 of this test CD Flamingo with my 727 + 009. Then there, it is one any other listening: as said it my friend Jean-Marc, as 007 seems round, as 009 appears by clear and defined contrast; it is almost the day and at night :wink:. First of all, the sound stage of 009 is wider and detailed(retailed) that that of 007 (most open sound). The dynamics is much better, with low sandbanks, articulated, very readable, less intense than those of 007, but far clearer; the grave extreme is very present.[/size] [size=11pt]The sound is more clear with stamps of the violin and the more realistic, hard-hitting piano for the piano, but regrettably a little bit hard for these instruments at high level of listening. The acute extreme is less present, less twinkling than with 007, what in the end is more restful and more natural more also. The sound is rather alive, dynamic, but a little bit hard, " a little bit raw ".[/size]

[size=10pt]When is it now the listening of 009 with 007 t2 of Pierre? (Always with the same test CD)[/size]
[size=10pt]And well I am going to surprise you, it is not for me the best listening, and I prefer that of 727 with 009 (by listening to not too hardly). 007t2 differs from 727 by a little less presence in the grave, even if very clean(appropriate) with 009, but it is a little bit it's a pity to listen to one 009 the presence of which in the grave is sometimes little " just " (especially by comparison with 007); also, he limits slightly the acute extreme (always with regard to 727), what is rather good for 007 mk3, but a little bit it's a pity with 009 which has him no problem in the acute extreme.[/size][size=11pt] Certainly stamps are more refined than those of 727 who in comparison make more "raw", but is missing something in 007t2 (with regard to 727), a stalk of life. Indeed, I find the listening of 007t2 very civilized, very sophisticated, but being strangely lacking life, as disinfected. It is "squeaky clean", but "slightly too squeaky clean" for my taste. It is very clear for the listening of this CD Flamingo: with 727 + 009 we want to stamp with the rhythm of the musicians and to increase the volume of the sound, until be called in to order, because the sound of 727 eventually becomes hard and the tone of the piano and the unpleasant violin at high level of listening; but the rhythm is there, the life is there[/size].
[size=11pt]With him 007t2 we can increase more easily the sound, but that if disinfected rest (too squeaky clean, "not rather" "raw"("gross")). [/size]
[size=11pt]Damage.[/size]

Well, I finished it with my comparative degree …

Except that I forgot to speak to you about the listening of 007mk3 and about 009 with the combi RKV + WEE (with the good phase sector (inverted with regard to that of the amplis Stax) for the WEE)
And well, it is necessary to speak to you about it :wink: 

[size=11pt]First of all, listen to of the range 4 of this test CD Flamingo with my RKV-WEE + 007 mk3: results : improved sound scene(stage) and …[/size]
[size=11pt]And the headphones 007 mk3 becomes unrecognizable, transfigured in its dynamics by the RKV-WEE: and well that moves and 007 wakes up finally: powerful, robust, rhythmical, very readable basses: we stamp; we go up the sound, there is of the life, but we are called back by the acute extreme, always too present, which becomes getting tired for a too high level of listening. The neutrality is certainly not the key point with grave sound everything in acute curvature, this high a little bit set back medium and this extreme sparkling (however not unpleasant to listen to on the condition of not pushing too far the potentiometer of volume).[/size]

[size=11pt]The best rest to be told you for the end, the listening of 009 with the RKV-WEE: and well, as said it Jean-Marie, it could be completed, because gathering the best of each of the previous listening: the sound stage: she is strangely wide, of course with regard to(compared with) that of 007 mk3, but also with regard to(compared with) that 2 amplis Stax (727 and 007t2) with 009. There is of the life, the rhythm, it is without appeal with regard to the listening of 009 on him 007t2 who by contrast made disinfected, as too much civilized ; there is some strength and the power: the rhythm of the bass and the percussions urges you instinctively to go(take) up the sound, and the more one goes up the sound, the more it is good, and we still increase the potentiometer of volume of the RKV, without limit or almost.[/size] ( If it is the small voice which says to me, stops there, because it becomes unreasonable; we are not in a concert live, and you are quickly going to become deaf if I continue to go(take) up the sound like that. But in the hearing, none limits visible; more we increase the sound, better is the scale, the rhythm, the life … 

[size=11pt]As for stamps, the RKV-WEE + 009 manages of the exploit to obtain the quality of the stamps of 007t2, but with the life in more (with a contrasted, dynamic, alive sound, being able to be rough (percussions at strong level of listening), but also of a very big sweetness and a subtlety, on different musical passages), and not a little bit flat and disinfected as that of 007t2.[/size]

[size=11pt]I thus let on you decide on the winner of this confrontation :wink: :) [/size]

[size=11pt]Unless the walkman MP3 of my wife knocks down the situation …[/size]

[size=11pt]Eric[/size]

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #21,665 of 24,807
I'm going to hate myself in the morning for this, but it must be said........

...... any chance you can try that again in English?

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #21,667 of 24,807
Quote:
I paid a lot to get a pristine pair of SR-X Mk3 Pro's but sure is a bargain compared to what a pair of Grado HP1000's seem to cost.

Definitely.

What do you think about them? My impression is that they are delightfully neutral, the best I have ever heard.

Bass is good although I suspect not as deep as my Lambda 404 but still very good.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #21,668 of 24,807
I have only listened to that pair of SR-X MK3 Pro's for a short while but as soon as I put them on they go near the top of my list. I also have 404le's that get next to no head time. I think I can only judge the bass weight over bass depth the best and the SR-X pro's probably only come 2nd to the 007 mk1's. Even the 007's have significantly more bass weight than the 009's. I find both the 009's and the SR-X pro's bright and the SR-X pro's a little less refined and edgy compared to the 009's. Just a rough opinion.

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #21,669 of 24,807
Quote:
Bonsoir, j'ai finalement passé à l'écoute dans l'après-midi du 3 systèmes de développement de la paie la facture Stax SR 007 mk3 et SR 009 à ma disposition: amplis Stax SRM 727-II (le mien); SRM 007t2 (celle de Pierre) et combi RKV MK2 + WooAudio WEE, chaque ampli branché sur le secteur de phase bon (ce qui m'a obligé à inverser le sens (direction) du secteur de cordon entre le WEE-RKV et les amplis Stax (n'ayant pas de même sens visible de celui-ci phases)

. Résultats sur l'écoute d'un CD de test (Stéphane Grappelli et Michel Petrucciani dans l'album Flamingo)

CD Réservé parce que très bien enregistré (enregistré), mais cependant rapidement difficile dans les aigus avec un mauvais système; rapidement poumon et disloqué dans la tombe (suivie par la contrebasse) avec un mauvais système, bref, vite désagréable à écouter avec un mauvais système: wink:

Et le gagnant est.
... Le baladeur MP3 de ma femme: mdr:
Il n'est pas vrai, parce qu'il est si petit que je ne l'ai pas trouvé où il se cache et donc je n'ai pas pu le tester ...

Et le gagnant (vainqueur) est ...

Pour aller à vous rapidement la connaissance :)

Je me rendis avec méthode: wink:

Au début, l'écoute de la gamme 4 de ce test CD Flamingo avec mon 727 + 007 mk3: résultats: scène sonore intimiste (ce n'est pas extra-large); basses douces et inarticulé (pas évident à suivre), mais il ya de la courbure ( une courbure douce), le violon et le piano ne sont pas désagréables à entendre, les timbres sont plutôt bien, mais avec une présentation assez curieux de "clairement - dark".
Je suis compréhensible: le haut-médium est plutôt sombre (en retrait), le bas médium est plutôt charnel, mais il ya aussi une aura lumineuse et étincelante de l'extrême aigu très clair, être capable de cet enregistrement, par son insistance ( l'accent) pour les percussions aiguës et harmonieuses aigus du violon, l'avenir fatigant.

En écoutant la même gamme 4 de ce test CD Flamingo avec mon mk3 007, mais cette fois connectée sur lui 007t2 de Pierre, j'ai trouvé la meilleure écoute un peu dans le sens que la limite 007t2, à mon oreille, le scintillement de l'aigu extrême que je trouve avec 007 mk3 + 727. Les timbres sont aussi plus raffiné, à l'image un peu plus large, plus propre son. Les basses de 007 mk3 + 007t2 sont un peu en retrait par rapport à celle de 007 mk3 + 727, pas très dynamique, mais peut-être être un peu plus articulé que ceux de 727 à 007 mk3. L'écoute de 007 mk3 avec lui 007t2 est globalement plus agréable, moins fatiguant à l'extrême aigu qu'avec 727, un peu plus raffiné, mais sans être un chef de file exceptionnel dynamisme.

Ainsi, j'ai à la fin d'une petite préférence de 007t2 + 007mk3 en ce qui concerne to727 + 007mk3.

Maintenant, nous traversons à l'écoute gamme tothe 4 de ce test CD Flamingo avec mon 727 + 009. Alors là, c'est une toute autre écoute: comme l'a dit il mon ami Jean-Marc, en 007 semble ronde, comme 009 semble en revanche clair et bien défini, c'est presque le jour et la nuit: wink:. Tout d'abord, la scène sonore de 009 est plus large et détaillé (vendu au détail) que celle de 007 (son plus ouvert). La dynamique est bien meilleure, avec de faibles bancs de sable, articulé, très lisibles, moins intenses que celles de 007, mais beaucoup plus claire; l'extrême grave est très présente. Le son est plus clair avec des timbres du violon et le plus réaliste, piano percutant pour le piano, mais malheureusement un peu difficile pour ces instruments au niveau élevé de l'écoute. L'extrême aigu est moins présent, moins scintillante que de 007, ce qui à la fin est plus reposant et plus naturel plus aussi. Le son est plutôt vivant, dynamique, mais un peu difficile, un peu "brut".

Quand est-il maintenant l'écoute de 009 à 007 t2 de Pierre? (Toujours avec le même CD de test)
Et bien je vais vous surprendre, ce n'est pas pour moi la meilleure écoute, et je préfère que de 727 à 009 (par l'écoute pas trop fort). 007t2 diffère de 727 en un peu moins de présence dans la tombe, même si très propre (approprié) avec 009, mais il est un peu c'est dommage pour écouter un 009 dont la présence dans la tombe est parfois peu "juste" (surtout par rapport à 007); aussi, il limite un peu l'aigu extrême (toujours par rapport à 727), ce qui est plutôt bon pour 007 mk3, mais un peu c'est dommage avec 009 qui lui n'a pas de problème dans l'extrême aigu . Certes, les timbres sont plus raffinés que ceux des 727 qui en comparaison rendre plus "brut", mais il manque quelque chose dans 007t2 (par rapport à 727), une tige de la vie. En effet, je trouve l'écoute de 007t2 très civilisé, très sophistiqué, mais étant manquant singulièrement la vie, comme désinfectés. C'est "une propreté irréprochable", mais "un peu trop grinçant propre" à mon goût. Il est très clair à l'écoute de ce CD Flamingo: avec 727 + 009 nous voulons éradiquer le rythme des musiciens et d'augmenter le volume du son, jusqu'à être appelé dans l'ordre, parce que le bruit de 727 finit par devenir dur et la tonalité du piano et du violon désagréable au plus haut niveau de l'écoute, mais le rythme est là, la vie est là.

Avec lui 007t2 nous pouvons augmenter plus facilement le son, mais que si reste désinfectée (trop grinçant propre, "pas assez" "brut" ("brut")).
Dommages.

Eh bien, je l'ai fini avec mon degré comparative ...

Sauf que j'ai oublié de vous parler de l'écoute de 007mk3 et environ 009 avec la combi RKV + WEE (avec le secteur de bonne phase (inversée par rapport à celle de l'amplis Stax) pour la WEE)
Et bien, il est nécessaire de m'adresser à vous à ce sujet: wink:

Tout d'abord, écouter de la gamme 4 de ce test CD Flamingo avec mon RKV-WEE + 007 mk3: résultats: amélioration de scène sonore (stade) et ...
Et le 007 mk3 casque devient méconnaissable, transfiguré dans sa dynamique par le RKV-WEE: et bien ce qui bouge et 007 se réveille enfin: Puissant, robuste, rythmiques, basses très lisibles: nous timbre, nous montons le son, il est de la vie, mais nous sommes rappelé par l'extrême aigu, toujours trop présent, qui devient se fatiguer à un niveau trop élevé de l'écoute. La neutralité n'est certainement pas le point-clé avec son grave tout en courbure aiguë, ce haut un peu en retrait à moyen et à cette pétillante extrême (mais pas désagréable à écouter sur la condition de ne pas pousser trop loin le potentiomètre de volume).

Le meilleur reste à être vous l'a dit pour la fin, l'écoute de 009 avec le RKV-WEE: et bien, comme l'a dit le Jean-Marie, il pourrait être terminée, car la collecte le meilleur de chacun de l'écoute précédente: la scène sonore : elle est étrangement large, bien sûr à l'égard de (contre) que de 007 mk3, mais aussi à l'égard de (contre) que 2 amplis Stax (727 et 007t2) avec 009. Il ya de la vie, le rythme, il est sans appel en ce qui concerne l'écoute de 009 sur le 007t2 qui en revanche fait désinfectés, car trop civilisé, il ya une certaine force et la puissance: le rythme de la basse et les percussions vous invite instinctivement aller (prendre) le son, et plus on monte le son, plus il est bon, et nous avons encore augmenter le potentiomètre de volume de la RKV, sans limite ou presque. (Si c'est la petite voix qui me dit, s'arrête là, car il devient déraisonnable, nous ne sommes pas dans un concert en direct, et vous allez rapidement devenir sourd si je continue à aller (prendre) le son comme ça. Mais à l'audience, aucune limite visible, plus on augmente le son, meilleure est l'ampleur, le rythme, la vie ...

Quant aux timbres, le RKV-WEE + 009 gère l'exploit d'obtenir la qualité des timbres de 007t2, mais avec la vie en plus (avec un contraste dynamique, son vivant, pouvant être rugueux (percussions à fort niveau de l'écoute), mais aussi d'une très grande douceur et une subtilité, sur différents passages musicaux), et pas un peu plat et désinfectés comme celle de 007t2.

Je vous laisse donc sur vous décidez sur le vainqueur de cette confrontation: wink ::)

À moins que le baladeur MP3 de ma femme renverse la situation ...

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #21,670 of 24,807
Eric - thanks for sharing your thoughts (and to wink for posting the original report). Merci Eric pour votre opinions!

Would I be correct to say that:
- with the SR-007, you prefer the 007tII amp
- with the SR-009, you prefer the 727 amp over the 007tII, but you like the 009 + RKV/WEE the best

Aussi, le mot pour 'timbre' en anglais n'est pas 'stamp'. Un 'stamp' est un timbre pour la poste. Le timbre du son c'est 'timbre' ou 'tone' en anglais.
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/timbre

Quote:

Why don't you understand French mon confrere Canadien?

I've been living in Montréal for two years now et mon français est encore le suck. I'm sure I made no less than five mistakes in my above sentences. 

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #21,671 of 24,807
Quote:
Eric - thanks for sharing your thoughts (and to wink for posting the original report). Merci Eric pour votre opinions!

Would I be correct to say that:
- with the SR-009, you prefer the 727 amp over the 007tII, but you like the 009 + RKV/WEE the best

Aussi, le mot pour 'timbre' en anglais n'est pas 'stamp'. Un 'stamp' est un timbre pour la poste. Le timbre du son c'est 'timbre' ou 'tone' en anglais.
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/timbre

I've been living in Montréal for two years now et mon français est encore le suck. I'm sure I made no less than five mistakes in my above sentences. 

Hello oogabooga 

Thank you for the corrections of the English French automatic translator
My English is really very poor  (oops)

Here is the link in the published original version (in French) : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/casques-haute-fidelite/club-des-heureux-proprietaires-de-casques-stax-t29819561-3855.html

" Would I be correct to say that:
- with the SR-009, you prefer the 727 amp over the 007tII, but you like the 009 + RKV/WEE the best "

Yes, perfectly.

Eric

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #21,672 of 24,807
यदि फ्रेंच में टिप्पणी स्वीकार्य हैं, क्यों नहीं हिन्दी?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back