The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #21,214 of 24,807
Yeah, that tells you what the plate should be made of, but Justin is still correct when he says there's no HV specs for the plate.
Quote:

Close Window
RoHS Compliant
Environmental Laws restrict the use of certain hazardous substances. “RoHS: Compliant” addresses the laws transposed from the European Union directive 2002/95/EC known as the RoHS Directive.
The RoHS Compliance of any product so designated is based upon evidence from the producer (manufacturer) that the part number is in compliance with the RoHS Directive. Mouser Electronics has taken all reasonable steps to confirm the producers’ statements and other evidence regarding the absence of the restricted substances to support the manufacturers’ claims of compliance.
For reference, in compliance with RoHS (EU Directive 2002/95/EC) the maximum concentration values of the restricted substances by weight in any homogenous materials are:
• Cadmium/Cadmium Compounds 0.01%
• Hexavalent Chromium/ Hexavalent Chromium Compounds 0.10%
• Lead/Lead Compounds 0.10%
• Mercury/Mercury Compounds 0.10%
• Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBBs) 0.10%
• Polybrominated Diphenylethers (PBDEs) 0.10%
   - Including Decabromodiphenyl Ether (Deca-BDE) 0.10%
Date: 28.2.2013  
Mouser Part No: 568-DBA  
Mfr.'s Part No: DBA-BL  
Mfr.: Neutrik  
Description: XLR Connectors D-SERIES BLANK PLATE
This information is valid when RoHS Compliance is indicated on your packing list from Mouser Electronics, Inc.
Chuck Amsden
Quality Director
Mouser Electronics
e-mail: chuck.amsden@mouser.com

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #21,215 of 24,807
Quote:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=880821&is=REG&Q=&A=details

it's a blank plate and then the holes are added.  i would guess that behind it are pins mounted onto a circuit board, and the plate is just a cover.  could work fine but it's mystery plastic from China and the high voltage specifications for it are not published.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! Guess I'll be sticking with teflon and do some creative milling on the front plate.
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #21,218 of 24,807
how long does kuboten take to ship item ??

my sr404 ltd is t their storage and i have paid form the shipping to my country also ( after i got the quote for it ) ....but after they just stopped replying to my mails. its been 8 days already.
am worried sick, i ordered from them cause i read here they were reliable.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #21,219 of 24,807
Quote:
Yeah, that tells you what the plate should be made of, but Justin is still correct when he says there's no HV specs for the plate.

Not sure if this is useful:

From http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/645/1351.pdf

The part belongs to the Speakon® SPX series with the following generic specs:

Specifications:
• Rated Current/Contact: 40A rms continuous, 50 A audiosignal, duty cycle 50%
• Dielectric Strength: 4kV peak • Rated Voltage: 250VAC
• Temperature Range: -30°C to +80°C
• Max. Wire Size: 10AWG/5mm
• Cable O.D. Range: 6mm-14mm

Materials:
• Contacts: Brass
• Locking Element: Zinc Diecast
• Housing/Insert: PBTP 20% GR
• Bushing: Polyamide PA 6 15% GR
• Chuck: Polyacetal POM

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #21,220 of 24,807
Quote:

Not sure if this is useful:

From http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/645/1351.pdf

The part belongs to the Speakon® SPX series with the following generic specs:

Specifications:
• Rated Current/Contact: 40A rms continuous, 50 A audiosignal, duty cycle 50%
• Dielectric Strength: 4kV peak • Rated Voltage: 250VAC
• Temperature Range: -30°C to +80°C
• Max. Wire Size: 10AWG/5mm
• Cable O.D. Range: 6mm-14mm

Materials:
• Contacts: Brass
• Locking Element: Zinc Diecast
• Housing/Insert: PBTP 20% GR
• Bushing: Polyamide PA 6 15% GR
• Chuck: Polyacetal POM

Not applicable. Those are actual connectors, whereas the specs that matter are for the material that is being used as a cover. Neutrik doesn't provide that since it's not designed as a HV interface material.

I just love the idea of using just any plastic for a high voltage connector.  Almost as stupid as using anything died black for high voltage. 

I guess it makes as much sense as having a headphone amp where the headphone connectors are on the back :p

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #21,223 of 24,807
Quote:

my sr404 ltd is t their storage and i have paid form the shipping to my country also ( after i got the quote for it ) ....but after they just stopped replying to my mails. its been 8 days already.

Wow.  That site doesn't translate well.  So Kuboten is just the auction site right?  Who did you actually purchase from?

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #21,225 of 24,807
Quote:
What's wrong with that? They are not the only manufacturer to do this. But it's most likely due to so many things cramped into such a small enclosure with no headroom at the front.

imvho it's extremely annoying and inconvenient unless you only use upto 2 pairs of headphones and leave them plugged in

Quote:
Quote:

Wow.  That site doesn't translate well.  So Kuboten is just the auction site right?  Who did you actually purchase from?

@singh: Considering my experience with Craig/kuboten, he'd usually answer my emails very quickly, frequently within the hour. BUT there were times when he was busy. Overall I found him reliable (i.e. didnt run away with my goods and money)

@coredump: if you google you'd discover kuboten acts as a proxy for buying items on yahoo auctions japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back