The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #15,061 of 24,807
I've talked to Justin about a Headamp KGSSHV and it will be made in a similar chassis as the BHSE.  When it will happen isn't certain but I'd give it at least a year.  There have been talks to other people about making a commercial KGSSHV but sadly only a few companies meet our very strict quality codes.  Still it might happen...

For SS amps you really can't go wrong with a modified 727.  Any competent DIY'er can perform the mod and the difference is far from subtle. 

Ohh and the ESP950's are brilliant.  Play with the damping to change the sound to your liking and they can be even better. 

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #15,062 of 24,807
Quote:
spritzer said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've talked to Justin about a Headamp KGSSHV and it will be made in a similar chassis as the BHSE.  When it will happen isn't certain but I'd give it at least a year.

That's great news, especially that the chassis will be BHSE direction not KGSS direction. (WAF of KGSS is very low in my household.)

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #15,064 of 24,807

Quote:
I've talked to Justin about a Headamp KGSSHV and it will be made in a similar chassis as the BHSE.  When it will happen isn't certain but I'd give it at least a year.  There have been talks to other people about making a commercial KGSSHV but sadly only a few companies meet our very strict quality codes.  Still it might happen...

That's good news indeed. Maybe by the time Justin's version is ready, I'll have a C32 to use with it.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #15,065 of 24,807
Has anyone tried adjusting the gain on their electrostatic amps? Is it easy to do for a novice or is the voltage going to cause problems? I'd like to make it so I have a more-fine control on my amp of volume. Although it's very good compared to other amplifiers, I listen very quietly so this kind of thing is relevant to my interests. Thanks.

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #15,066 of 24,807
This site describes the process to expand the range of a volume control (same process for pot or stepped attenuator).

http://www.goldpt.com/mods.html 

Quote:
Has anyone tried adjusting the gain on their electrostatic amps? Is it easy to do for a novice or is the voltage going to cause problems? I'd like to make it so I have a more-fine control on my amp of volume. Although it's very good compared to other amplifiers, I listen very quietly so this kind of thing is relevant to my interests. Thanks.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #15,067 of 24,807

get a pre-amp lol? (that way you don't screw with you actual driver unit)

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #15,068 of 24,807
Why is it that the supposedly inferior SRM-323 has a higher output voltage (400V) than the SRM-006t (300V) and even the SRM-600 Limited (340V)?

Based on the output voltage, I would expect that the SRM-323 would be the one to choose...

I also can't figure out the difference between the now discontinued SRM-323II, and the newer SRM-323S or the SRM-323M/SRM-323A. Elusive Disc carries both the II and S, while I see the M and A sold by some Japanese dealers. Am I correct to assume that none of these models have a voltage selector switch inside like some of the old Stax amps?

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #15,069 of 24,807

Quote:

If you go with the idea of an attenuator like the GoldPoint, Arn's are the best. He uses the best materials and is what DACT modeled theirs after. They weren't the originator, he was. Anyway, you can email him as he can be quite helpful. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #15,070 of 24,807

Quote:

One some of the amps this is pretty easy to do, just a couple of resistors per channel but as with all gain adjustments you need to take any and all compensation caps into account.  Personally I wouldn't bother with it as an input attenuator is much easier to implement. 

Quote:
Why is it that the supposedly inferior SRM-323 has a higher output voltage (400V) than the SRM-006t (300V) and even the SRM-600 Limited (340V)?

Based on the output voltage, I would expect that the SRM-323 would be the one to choose...

I also can't figure out the difference between the now discontinued SRM-323II, and the newer SRM-323S or the SRM-323M/SRM-323A. Elusive Disc carries both the II and S, while I see the M and A sold by some Japanese dealers. Am I correct to assume that none of these models have a voltage selector switch inside like some of the old Stax amps?

The 323 isn't inferior, at least not in my book.  It's a cracking little amp and currently the best amp Stax produces.  The 727 is better but needs to be modified to truly shine. 

As for the new versions, no internal pics have surfaced but it might have something to do with the 2SA1968 being discontinued and thus the amps having to be redesigned. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #15,071 of 24,807
Very often changing the gain, changes the sound quality not just the volume. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #15,072 of 24,807

Quote:
And Singlepower's been out too. Who's left to build a decent Stax Omega amplifier???? I have an Omega coming and nothing to plug it into...

KGSS lead time is 2 YEARS???? Blue Hawaii is out of my price range. Stax 717 is tough to get. This is pretty depressing for having spent so much money and no good amplification options.

KGSS lead time is 4 weeks.  Everything is already assembled except connector wiring.  It's on the website.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #15,073 of 24,807
An update on the SR-001 custom tips:

I went in to have my second set of impressions done yesterday afternoon. We put foam in the tips of the drivers, then inserted them into the impression foam before it started to set so we captured the full effect of how it normally is inserted and where it fits on my ear.  I gave the audiologist very clear expectations and told him to tell Starkey not to extend the tip beyond 4mm past the end of the driver.  This should eliminate the steep hook in the tip and allow Starkey to run a full size opening in front of the driver.  They also know to call me directly if they have questions and if they are highly confused or concerned, then they are to put them on hold and I will visit Starkey directly in Minneapolis in mid-April when I'm there for business. 

I'm confident we can get this second attempt to be much better sounding than the first attempt. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #15,075 of 24,807

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone purchased any Stax products through "Alibaba.com," or a company named "Adi Dinamika" in Jakarta?

They're prices are great - perhaps, to good to be true. 

No matter how great their prices, I won't be buying anything from them, unless I can do so with PayPal, or MasterCard with full buyer protection. 

I dunno about that. It says you need to buy minimum of 2 sets and that they get 120 sets a week. Looks pretty sketchy

It says minimum 1 unit.

NB: I know nothing about buying from Alibaba.com and Adi DinamikaI. If it was my money I'd buy them from somewhere 'more reputable'.

Quote:

afta2000[AU]
Overall Ranking
Indonesian company Inkomplite is a fraud

[size=x-small]I just want to warn everybody that Indonesian company Inkomplite is a fraud. They are also on other trade sites so be careful. [/size]

·                               Company Name: inkomplite
·                               Contact Person: Mr.hery hermawan
·                               Street Address: Jl. Mangga Besar 81 Lt. 3
·                               City: Jakarta
·                               Province/State: Jakarta
·                               Country/Region: Indonesia
·                               Telephone: 62-815-6164328
·                               Fax: 62-856-24622009
Adi Dinamika, Dian Purlina and Silvi are other names they use

Award Points: 60 Add to Watch list | My Watch List

Posted on Oct 20, 2008 at 15:53
Re: Indonesian company Inkomplite is a fraud
WOO~~
That's fine. Thanks for your kindly warning. I think we should welcome such things as you doing. Let the fraud company get out of our sight. It is the duty of every international trader. Right?  But, firstly, please be sure of  the information you give is ture.
12.gif

Award Points: 5 Add to Watch list | My Watch List

Posted on Oct 23, 2008 at 17:00
/Photos/1231-c53605dc-dc5e-4353-bb19-34d51486a82e.jpg
panda [CN]
Overall Ranking
Re: Indonesian company Inkomplite is a fraud
yes,  we do not welcome cheaters here!
11.gif

Award Points: 5 Add to Watch list | My Watch List

Posted on Oct 24, 2008 at 21:08
/Images/Myecvv/ecvv_logo.gif
tlwalker1962 [US]
Overall Ranking
Now you tell me!
[size=medium]On 10/02/08 I purchased a $265usd fishing reel from Inkomplite that Mr. Adi Dinamika wanted me to pay for using a direct bank wire transfer into his bank account.[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]I used PayPal instead, but as soon as he received my payment, he cancelled my order, kept my payment and as has not contacted me since. [/size]

[size=medium]This is a shame because I have made many international purchases from reputable companies like Minstor Tackle without problem. Now my company has ceased all Asian imports.[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Now I am pursuing legal action against Inkomplite and Mr. Adi Dinamika. If you have any information regarding Adi Dinamika or Inkomplite please send it to:[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Terry Walker[/size]
[size=medium]tlwalker1962@yahoo.com[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]I appreciate your help and I will keep all personal information strictly confidential.[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Some iInformation I have concerning Inkomplite and Mr. Adi Dinamika:[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Bank Account Number:   1180006033582[/size]
[size=medium]Swift Code:                     BEIIIDJA[/size]
[size=medium]Bank Name:                    Bank Mandiri[/size]
[size=medium]Bank Address:                 KCP Jkt. Puri Indah[/size]
[size=medium]                                      JAKARTA - DKI[/size]
[size=medium]                                      INDONESIA[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Email Addresses:[/size]
[size=medium]inkomplite@yahoo.com[/size]
[size=medium]sales@inkomplite.net[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]Other than being a thief, Mr. Dinamika is also an engineer, born on 11/28/1972. I also have his home address and phone number. I now know where Mr. Dinamika went to school and that he likes pets. Local authorities in Jakarta are investigating my claims and assisting me in bringing Mr. Adi Dinamika to justice.[/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium]ADI --- IF YOU ARE READING THIS, GIVE ME MY $265 BACK AND I WILL STOP MY PURSUIT. EACH DAY I AM GETTING CLOSER TO HAVING YOU ARRESTED! EVEN IF IT COST ME $10,000.00 I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN UNLESS I GET MY MONEY BACK.[/size]

[size=medium]  [/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back