The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #6,317 of 24,807
I just got my 2050A basic system.

It sounds really good, but it don't think it's on par to my D5000's setup...

It could be the dac(keces dac), or maybe that since it's a basic system it's not supposed to be THAT good? Any ideas? Maybe after burning in?

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #6,318 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by HDen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my 2050A basic system.

It sounds really good, but it don't think it's on par to my D5000's setup...

It could be the dac(keces dac), or maybe that since it's a basic system it's not supposed to be THAT good? Any ideas? Maybe after burning in?

Congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif

Please let it get 50-100 hours to settle in before making any conclusions. I have noticed improvements myself after these playing hours, compared to straight out of the box.

System matching are important as well. Maybe try a different interconnect?

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #6,320 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif

Please let it get 50-100 hours to settle in before making any conclusions. I have noticed improvements myself after these playing hours, compared to straight out of the box.

System matching are important as well. Maybe try a different interconnect?

I brought these home, unfortunately I don't have any other interconnects but these singlecable ones, and the ones that come with the 2050A. I'm going to burn in this setup, and let you know if I hear any differences when I'm done.

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #6,323 of 24,807
well, I left these burning-in overnight with some pink-noise at above average level, and I can tell there's a difference, the bass seems tighter, and everything overall seems more 'refined'?

One thing for sure though is these headphones are really really comfortable, even when wearing glasses, much more comfortable imo then the d5000s.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #6,324 of 24,807
Ok, I know it might sound like gushing hyperbole but my Stax Smegma Pros are now the best headphones I've ever heard by a good margin. As a modded SR-X pro it was about on a par with the K1000 and equal favorites, now the Smegma Pros crush them for everything except soundstage. They are amazing and have me frantically sifting through songs to listen to.

I don't think there is a headphone you could offer to swap with that I'd take. No, not even those! Stats got no impact? Pah! I've heard the dynamic competition and these are simply better. Faster, clearer and more dynamic than anything I've heard.

There, that's better
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #6,325 of 24,807
Congratulations, Smeggy.

Conversion is such sweet bliss
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I know it might sound like gushing hyperbole but my Stax Smegma Pros are now the best headphones I've ever heard by a good margin. As a modded SR-X pro it was about on a par with the K1000 and equal favorites, now the Smegma Pros crush them for everything except soundstage. They are amazing and have me frantically sifting through songs to listen to.

I don't think there is a headphone you could offer to swap with that I'd take. No, not even those! Stats got no impact? Pah! I've heard the dynamic competition and these are simply better. Faster, clearer and more dynamic than anything I've heard.

There, that's better
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #6,328 of 24,807
Wow SR-Smegmas look so ****in awesome! I'm jealous.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #6,329 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There, that's better
biggrin.gif

If I had thought I could have made my Gamma Pro into those, I would have kept them. But, glad you were able to put them to good use, because I could have never ended up with something as beautiful as that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back