The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #12,826 of 24,807
The volume knob actually consists of two knobs built into one: the large one and the dial in the front of the knob. Turn both all the way to the left so that there is no sound coming out of the headphones and the knobs lock, and then adjust volume by turning the large back part of the knob. The front part of the knob is to adjust the channel balance and is likely out of place in your case.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #12,828 of 24,807
Congrats on finding a SRM-1 Mk2! Glad you like the SR-5NB, it's a good headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #12,829 of 24,807
Greetings team stax. I am sitting here enjoying Pink Floyd WYWH CBS mastersound LP through my recent aquisition of lambda + srm1/mk2 pro. What a fantastic combo I could not be happier. This is incredible SQ for such a tiny cost compared to what one could spend on HiFi. Stax rule!

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #12,830 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna10x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Greetings team stax. I am sitting here enjoying Pink Floyd WYWH CBS mastersound LP through my recent aquisition of lambda + srm1/mk2 pro. What a fantastic combo I could not be happier. This is incredible SQ for such a tiny cost compared to what one could spend on HiFi. Stax rule!

Stax Headphone and Pink Floyd is an excellent combo imo. Some told me that STAX wouldn't have the 'punch' for Pink Floyd music, but i think that STAX Headphones carry out all the details of their music, which contains so much sound effects!

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #12,831 of 24,807
Yes I think they have plenty of punch and the bass is amazing in both depth (particularly for a phone that is supposed to be bass light according to some) and detail with quality recordings. I sometimes find myself daydreaming about the luscious bass.

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #12,832 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrypticMind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just joined Team Stax! I'm blown away by how crystal clear they sound, coming from AD2Ks and a roommate's K702.

On a side note, I think there may be a very slight channel imbalance on my SRM-1/MK2 Pro. I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the Stax as the imbalance appears on both. Is there a way to "fix" this?

It could be the dual volume knob. Have you made sure both channels are at the same level on the knob itself? (Sorry if you've checked this already.)

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #12,833 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna10x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes indeed. Pink Floyd sounds great through my Lambda Signature /Srm1mK2and through my old Lambda Nova /SRM3. The music is supremely well recorded and should be a lesson to many other groups. Unfortunately it isn't.

Their records have sold well over the years and still attract young listeners. I was introduced to them by my then 11-year old daughter. When we went to a Roger Waters concert in Anaheim, the place was packed with more young listeners than people my age. He also appealed to an ethinc mix, I saw lots of Hispanics although few Blacks in the audience.

The various Lambdas can be decent rock phones. They are somewhat unforgiving and you need to have good sources and it helps to pay attention to tweaks like power cables.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #12,835 of 24,807
Agh I just sold my Stax 2020 setup. They were on loan for months before this but I instantly began to miss them. I may not see the pair ever again.

l:

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #12,836 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on finding a SRM-1 Mk2! Glad you like the SR-5NB, it's a good headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again.
beerchug.gif

They remind me a lot of my late AD2000 by being upfront, but they have a little more bass to them. I've been listening more lately to my Lambda Pros, so I can't say as much as I'd like about the 5NB besides my agreement with other Head-Fiers that they are pretty similar to Grados in a sense.

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #12,837 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agh I just sold my Stax 2020 setup. They were on loan for months before this but I instantly began to miss them. I may not see the pair ever again.

l:

I did the same, but found a new set at KuboTEN. Just ordered new ear pads for the 202. I am trying out the new leather pads made for the 404 LE.

cheers

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #12,838 of 24,807
Hello Stax thread!

I'm thinking of putting together a small Stax travel package. So 2 questions for you guys.

First, I need a DAC. If you have any experience with matching the SRM-252 to a comparable DAC please see my thread here. Post even if what you have to say is not what I want to hear (I have some specific requirements)!

Also, did I hear the SR-003 is being replaced? Is this true? Just a rumor? A dream? Should I wait a bit?

Thanks guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #12,839 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by yale.reinstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, did I hear the SR-003 is being replaced? Is this true? Just a rumor? A dream? Should I wait a bit?

There are rumors saying that Stax is working on an SR-001 MK2 successor, and hence I would not be surprised if they release an SR-003 successor as well. As they use almost identical earphones (just different cable plug).

Not much info out there though.
popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back