The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 24,807
Sorry to break in on this conversation... but I'm wondering if someone can tell me where I can get a replacement cable for my Sigmas? Mine has an open somewhere... if I don't hold my head just right the right channel goes out. Moving the cable helps.

I don't see any on Audiocubes or Audiocubes2. Do I need to cut up an extension cable? Thanks in advance!

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #17 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to break in on this conversation... but I'm wondering if someone can tell me where I can get a replacement cable for my Sigmas? Mine has an open somewhere... if I don't hold my head just right the right channel goes out. Moving the cable helps.

I don't see any on Audiocubes or Audiocubes2. Do I need to cut up an extension cable? Thanks in advance!

This guy might have one .
http://myworld.ebay.com/revaud/

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 24,807
Yay, the new Stax thread!

I'm listening to Bach right now on my turntable --> Pass Aleph 3 --> SR-X setup. It really is revelatory.

My SR-X pads are flat but intact. I've ordered a replacement set of pads from Audiocubes 2. Should I expect a big difference in sound, or is it mainly about comfort?

Also, how do I replace the pads? They're just held on by sticky tape, right?

Patrick

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 24,807
Nice, new stax material to read. I have a 007t on the way from a awesome head-fier, but still no adapter to use.
blink.gif

It should be fun comparing my new amps when it's finally completed. I wonder how the srm-1/mk-2 will hold up against the 007t.
icon10.gif

Edit: Maybe I should just order a pair of stax headphones in the meantime?

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 24,807
Hey all, I heard back from Audiocubes about why the SR-X earpads were only listed on Audiocubes2 and not the main site. Evidently site 2 is not just a backup. Here's what they wrote:

"AudioCubes carries more casual and lifestyle products and AudioCubes 2 has
high-end products like Amplifiers and Sound Systems. The Stax Replacement
Pads for SR-X MKIII Earspeakers are available on AudioCubes 2."

So it looks like no. 2 will be the place to look for parts and accessories. I like the bare-bones look of 2 better than 1 anyway. Good-looking websites make me nervous.

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 24,807
Does anyone of you know what would be the first good hearable upgrade to the 2050?

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 24,807
Here's a good question for this thread:

Is it a sin to connect a O2 to the 323II?? Just until I get back overseas and get a KGSS. People connect expensive headphones to less expensive amps all the time; it's just a matter of later scaling up. Does anyone have experiences to share on this point??

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #24 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a good question for this thread:

Is it a sin to connect a O2 to the 323II?? Just until I get back overseas and get a KGSS. People connect expensive headphones to less expensive amps all the time; it's just a matter of later scaling up. Does anyone have experiences to share on this point??

I've driven the O2s out of my SRM-252A. It still sounds good but doesn't really let the O2 really flex it's muscles. The impact is a bit less and they sound a tad darker and less exciting. Nothing too bad though, they still sound like quality headphones. I expect a 323II would be fine as a temporary stop gap untill your KGSS arrives.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #25 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by DENON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone of you know what would be the first good hearable upgrade to the 2050?

probably 202 and 313. the new amp would be an improvement but it would be pretty minor. i have heard the 3030 and 2020 system and i dont reckon the 3030 is worth twice the price.

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #26 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It still sounds good but doesn't really let the O2 really flex it's muscles. The impact is a bit less and they sound a tad darker and less exciting. Nothing too bad though, they still sound like quality headphones.

That's very helpful. Thanks.

I'm actually living overseas at the moment and want to take advantage of nicely priced stax gear. Getting a KGSS over here only to have to drag it back to Canada one day makes me shutter.

My big delimma is: get a 404/727 system or a O2/323II system?? This choice is going to drive me crazy.

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #27 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's very helpful. Thanks.

I'm actually living overseas at the moment and want to take advantage of nicely priced stax gear. Getting a KGSS over here only to have to drag it back to Canada one day makes me shutter.

My big delimma is: get a 404/727 system or a O2/323II system?? This choice is going to drive me crazy.

Just my .02 - ALWAYS get the better transducer (speaker, headphone, earspeaker). You can always upgrade what comes before in the chain later.
lambda.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #28 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Downrange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can always upgrade what comes before in the chain later.

's right. How can you upgrade any part of your system unless you have a transducer that's good enough to show you how lousy your CD player and preamp, and by extension the life you're living, are?

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #29 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
's right. How can you upgrade any part of your system unless you have a transducer that's good enough to show you how lousy your CD player and preamp, and by extension the life you're living, are?

So true!!!!!
tongue.gif
plainface.gif
frown.gif
lambda.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #30 of 24,807
Wow, just realized this new thread has just been started and its already in its 2nd page! Think this will reach the century page mark quite soon, better start buying widescreen monitors soon guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back