The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #24,244 of 24,807
I'll send one of my pairs in to get just the drivers painted silver, brighten up the sound a little

Maybe a black frame to create a color gradient that widens the soundstage, that's definitely lacking too

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #24,246 of 24,807
Quote:
All I know is that I would pay good money for a channel imbalance troubleshooting guide or compendium, because sifting through this monster of a thread just isn't cutting it.

I don't think I'll be lucky as some... 

continuous music playing isn't doing much. Probably going to stay away from the Staxes in the future. I'm just not a lucky person.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #24,249 of 24,807
Quote:
I don't think I'll be lucky as some... 

continuous music playing isn't doing much. Probably going to stay away from the Staxes in the future. I'm just not a lucky person.

part of me is thinking the same thing, what with my first brand new pair having all sorts of issues, and the first amp I bought having issues, maybe I'm just not lucky enough for Staxes...but...I want that magic that the Sr-009s provide, so I hope i dont have problems for too long
frown.gif

The Staxen are a fickle beast

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #24,253 of 24,807
Why are you so concerned about measuring AC wall points and voltage from step down transformers. I think you spend more time measuring voltage than listening to the headphones itself.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #24,255 of 24,807
Quote:
Given that people's STAX are getting killed left and right, quite literally, I'm trying to be cautious about how I use my pair.

I don't think I've learned my lesson. My hands are itching for a Lambda Signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back