The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #22,952 of 24,807
One has to retain a certain harmonic balance between buying and selling.  I've reached the point of not knowing where to put all my amps so something has to go... 
redface.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #22,955 of 24,807
Is it normal that i hear a semi loud buzz when I touch the input RCA's of my  T1?

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #22,956 of 24,807
Depends on how your system is grounded. In the past, when my system wasn't grounded at all, I remember hearing the buzz when touching the case of my amp. Now I have my system grounded at one point only, via the binding post on the back of my 717. There's no buzz anymore.

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #22,957 of 24,807
Now..if only someone would sell me a KGSSHV :)

It's still new in my system as I've had them less than a week but I really like the SR007 with the SRM-323S. It really is quite amazing considering my Stax rig cost the same as my HD800 and I haven't touched my HD800 since. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #22,958 of 24,807
Quote:
Depends on how your system is grounded. In the past, when my system wasn't grounded at all, I remember hearing the buzz when touching the case of my amp. Now I have my system grounded at one point only, via the binding post on the back of my 717. There's no buzz anymore.

My system isn't grounded. If I don't have any problems with it, should I then do anything about it? I mean, it shouldn't be directly harmful, except it always is a good idea to have your gear grounded, I guess..

Quote:

It's still new in my system as I've had them less than a week but I really like the SR007 with the SRM-323S. It really is quite amazing considering my Stax rig cost the same as my HD800 and I haven't touched my HD800 since. 

Kinda feel the same way about my lambda signature and my HE-500 rig. 650$ vs. 1000$. Not that you can compare that way. But expectation bias, new gear syndrome, you know..

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #22,959 of 24,807
The reason I grounded my system was because of the buzz. Additionally, when a system is not grounded, you can often feel a bit of electricity when you touch a case. It feels a bit as if it's vibrating a little when you swipe your finger across the case. That will be gone too when you ground it. If none of that is bothering you, then you should be ok without grounding. Your house is probably fitted with a residual-current device, which covers the safety part for the most part already.

Quote:
My system isn't grounded. If I don't have any problems with it, should I then do anything about it? I mean, it shouldn't be directly harmful, except it always is a good idea to have your gear grounded, I guess..

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #22,960 of 24,807
Quote:

Your ahead of me by a few miles it seems.  I'm working on my amp first (KGSSHV), then the Stax.  On the way I may pick up a KOSS ESP-950 until I can fund the 009s..

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #22,965 of 24,807
Quote:
Your ahead of me by a few miles it seems.  I'm working on my amp first (KGSSHV), then the Stax.  On the way I may pick up a KOSS ESP-950 until I can fund the 009s..

Who's building your KGSSHV? I'd like to pick one up but they almost never go in the FS. It's harder to find than a unicorn it seems. The SR007 isn't all that expensive so wasn't too hard after I sold off some gear. I like to think of it as getting the SR007 for free since I sort of didn't pay anything.

I probably won't get the SR009 unless I lose the HD800 and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back