The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #22,576 of 24,807
Now, if only the UK power company would follow the EU standard!  I'm still seeing over 240V at my mains at times.

If you expect to see 230 Vac and you sometimes see 240 Vac I wouldn't sweat it , it's only 4% high.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #22,577 of 24,807
Absolutely, and also well within the specification which allows up to 10% high.  On the other hand the current standard only allows them to be under by 6%, although this is expected to be widened to +/- 10% in the near future.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #22,579 of 24,807
Hello there!

Finally have the opportunity to get some older Stax for what I think would be a very reasonable price. Well here it is:

Stax SRM-T1 and Stax SR-Lambda Signature for barely 700$

What do you think? I am not exactly in need of a new system or anything, not at all actually
tongue.gif

But I have always been drawn towards Stax. Anything I should be aware of before buying?

Hope you might help me out here... so I can be a happy camper for a couple of more months before the next big purchase
wink.gif

Also posted this in another thread, kinda forgot about this dedicated stax thread. Sorry for that to anyone who might be offended...

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #22,581 of 24,807
I think I will pull the trigger if I can rest assured that I can sell it again without losing on it.

How will the T1 do with some of the newer and perhaps more hi-end Stax? Like sr-007 for example...

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #22,582 of 24,807
Anyone have any experience with the Stax SR-2170 system?
I'm thinking about taking the plunge into Stax world.
I just sold a pair of Signet TK33 Electrets a few weeks ago and I miss them, even with all their flaws.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #22,584 of 24,807
So I've began my entrance into the Stax world. I bought a SRM323S amp and then more recently a SR007 MK1. I already have the amp but the headphone will probably be here by the end of the week.

I'm pretty much done with dynamics/orthos but I'll keep my HD800 rig and have the O2 there as well. They do sound different so hopefully the pair goes well together.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #22,585 of 24,807
Quote:
So I've began my entrance into the Stax world. I bought a SRM323S amp and then more recently a SR007 MK1. I already have the amp but the headphone will probably be here by the end of the week.

I'm pretty much done with dynamics/orthos but I'll keep my HD800 rig and have the O2 there as well. They do sound different so hopefully the pair goes well together.

Keep 'em both if you can manage it. Trust me.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #22,586 of 24,807
Quote:
Hello there!

Finally have the opportunity to get some older Stax for what I think would be a very reasonable price. Well here it is:

Stax SRM-T1 and Stax SR-Lambda Signature for barely 700$

What do you think? I am not exactly in need of a new system or anything, not at all actually
tongue.gif

But I have always been drawn towards Stax. Anything I should be aware of before buying?

Hope you might help me out here... so I can be a happy camper for a couple of more months before the next big purchase
wink.gif

Also posted this in another thread, kinda forgot about this dedicated stax thread. Sorry for that to anyone who might be offended...

Please, I need some convincing
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #22,590 of 24,807
Quote:
Hows this - ill buy them!

Actually it helps a bit. But I think the delivery would be ever so slightly costly, since they are to be found here in Denmark... What do you think would be a typical price for such a setup in good condition? I am thinking 600$ for the amp and 2-300$ for the headphones after researching. Still, I am beginning to doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back