The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Jan 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #1,906 of 2,849
If we don't mind another "what would you buy" post, then I would like to add:

It seems a lot of people on here have the harx700 & HTF600's, but not very many seem to have the
HTF890 which I seen thrown around here and there in terms of comparison to the two. All of the 3
are around the same price, give or take $10.

Was curious if anyone could suggest which one might benefit me more out of:

1. HARX700 - felt/foam mod
  2. HTF600 - velour pads/foam mod (didn't see that anyone did any mods on the inner portion of the phones)
  3. HTF890 - foam mod/ seems these don't need any ear padding mods

I listen to mainly trance/ambient type of music and play world of warcraft. All for @home use.
I don't do any FPS or other games either.

Or maybe I should two of the above and make my decision that way.

Thanks for any feedback and thanks to dsnuts & reviewers for bringing life to the budget world.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #1,907 of 2,849

Quote:
So how would these compare to the FA-003/Brainwavz HM5? I was thinking of getting them for my next headphone upgrade but after seeing this well... these are half the price in the UK.

Currently I own the JVC HA-RX700s and my favourite genres are Indie/Alternative/Post-Rock/Instrumental. Any advice?

I know you would figure I would say get a HTF600 but I think those HM5s look out standing and is a solid upgrade and value for the price. The HTF600 is an upgrade in sound over the HARX700 but not enough to say it is a legitimate upgrade and the HARX700 has even a better build. If you are gonna spend money. Might as well get a an upgrade and one that is highly regarded.  I would try those. I am considering getting one myself.

Quote:
If we don't mind another "what would you buy" post, then I would like to add:

It seems a lot of people on here have the harx700 & HTF600's, but not very many seem to have the
HTF890 which I seen thrown around here and there in terms of comparison to the two. All of the 3
are around the same price, give or take $10.

Was curious if anyone could suggest which one might benefit me more out of:

1. HARX700 - felt/foam mod
  2. HTF600 - velour pads/foam mod (didn't see that anyone did any mods on the inner portion of the phones)
  3. HTF890 - foam mod/ seems these don't need any ear padding mods

I listen to mainly trance/ambient type of music and play world of warcraft. All for @home use.
I don't do any FPS or other games either.

Or maybe I should two of the above and make my decision that way.

Thanks for any feedback and thanks to dsnuts & reviewers for bringing life to the budget world.

Get the HTF600 with the velour pads and be done with.. You gotta hear trance on these. And for single player games. Very immersive..Perfect for your needs.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #1,909 of 2,849
After my first 4 hours with these at work yesterday, my ears they got a sweatin! I think some velour pads will be in my future real soon.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #1,910 of 2,849
I have mine coming in the mail on Monday!! I have also ordered the velour pads. I am new to all of this and wonder if the old pad is just "pulled off" and the new "pulled on." Sorry for the stupid question.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,911 of 2,849

Quote:
I have mine coming in the mail on Monday!! I have also ordered the velour pads. I am new to all of this and wonder if the old pad is just "pulled off" and the new "pulled on." Sorry for the stupid question.

Ya the old pad just pulls off and the new ones you just work on. From what I've read you just start one spot and just work it around.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #1,912 of 2,849
They aren't that difficult to take off. But putting on the velours is another issue. You work one side in and then work your way around. You have to stretch the velours a bit for the edges to go into the proper place but with a little bit of the old tug n pull you guys should do fine. Just don't drop your headphones while doing this.

I only wish Panasonic would build an upgrade to these HTF600s.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #1,915 of 2,849

Quote:
Do tell sir.

Should be obvious if you check the signature. ^^ M-Audio Q40.

Pros (to me):
- A lot better bass response; accurate, textured, well controlled (doesn't bleed whatsoever into mids), better extension while being quite similar quantity, well ampless they are about the same but with amp the Q40 surpasses it in quantity too, responds nicely to amping (basswise and dynamic range wise). Extremely impressive quantity vs quality ratio.
- Neutral mids, neither forward or recessed, more "sharp"/better defined, less warm than on HTF600
- Neutral highs with better resolution
- Better instrument separation
- Better build quality
- Stock pads doesn't get sweaty
- Slightly better isolation
- Replacable cord with standard stereo 3.5mm plugs!
- Looks great

Cons:
- Stock pads are of the lowest quality pleather type (cheap Sennheiser stuff). On the positive side I hear BeyerDynamic DT770 pads fits these nicely if some1's looking to upgrade them. Imagine putting the Beyer gel pads on these! :)
- Possibly slightly less clear positioning/soundstage, compare something in-between M50 and typical Ultrasone soundstage (but I personally use a custom foobar2000 headphone config which takes it from average closed headphone performance to very good so). It's not bad though don't get me wrong, the design is even slightly vented at the back of the cup (I think it was like 2 or 3 very small holes of like size 1mm in 4 locations at the corners when I opened them up to check) and not fully closed why isolation isn't top-notch like M50 for example but that's also why it comes significantly ahead M50 in terms of soundstage.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,919 of 2,849
Go to www.google.co.uk and search: beyer edt 250

And click on "Pages from the UK" and voilá, plenty of choices.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #1,920 of 2,849

Quote:
So you recommend these headphones than the Creative Aurvana Live! pair? I even can buy these cheaper than the creative ones, whats your opinion?

The Creatives have a strong build and a good balanced sound,. The problem with the Creatives is the bass. It has nothing to do with the bass that is on the HTF600. I would say the biggest weakness in the sound on the creatives is in fact the bass..It is a bit flabby. It won't hit the bass notes with authority or have enough satisfying sub bass for a hip hop or EDM listener. .If you listen to bass heavy tunes I would go for a HTF600. If you listen to lighter music the Creatives are a good purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back