The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #10,636 of 10,994
Check my latest comment on massdrop. I posted my results with T1 with T-X0 pads. Best pairing ever!!!!

I don't like the idea of putting oval pads on a round headphone obscuring/distorting sound wave projection of the original design. My experience with oval pads is they will reduce sound stage depth/layering, which is actually the best attribute of the T1. Moreover, the T-X0 pads have back screens which the T1 does not need.

I wonder why you would prefer the reduced transparency of the T-X0 pads bring. Try to make the T1 a ZMF headphone?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #10,637 of 10,994
I don't like the idea of putting oval pads on a round headphone obscuring/distorting sound wave projection of the original design. My experience with oval pads is they will reduce sound stage depth/layering, which is actually the best attribute of the T1. Moreover, the T-X0 pads have back screens which the T1 does not need.

I wonder why you would prefer the reduced transparency of the T-X0 pads bring. Try to make the T1 a ZMF headphone?

Theoreticly all your points are agreeable. If you got a chance give it a try though.

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #10,638 of 10,994
do anyone here heard or own both the T1 1st gen and Mitchell & Johnson MJ2? how do they compare in clarity and resolution? message me

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #10,639 of 10,994
Just an update, I mentioned earlier that the Aune T1 + Schiit Vali was produving a muffled sound at high volumes. I've now tried it with the ADI-2 Pro and couldn't be happier. Not muffled by higher volumes anymore. It is just perfect, everything's crystal clear. I'm now in the process of rediscovering my music collection.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #10,643 of 10,994
So my right side died. Opened it up and used a multi meter on it and the numbers were jumping all over but was around like 40 50 ohms. But looks like the voice coils broke from the solder point. Are they a goner?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #10,644 of 10,994
So my right side died. Opened it up and used a multi meter on it and the numbers were jumping all over but was around like 40 50 ohms. But looks like the voice coils broke from the solder point. Are they a goner?
Hard to say for certain but take a look at the very thin wires under the circuit board to see if you can still see the wires connected. Another thing you might want to do is also test the cable if you have modded them for removable since if you are just checking the drivers they are still connected by the common ground.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #10,646 of 10,994
Hard to say for certain but take a look at the very thin wires under the circuit board to see if you can still see the wires connected. Another thing you might want to do is also test the cable if you have modded them for removable since if you are just checking the drivers they are still connected by the common ground.

Yeah checked the wire and it's fine. Then checked to see if the connection was complete from the solder points but there was no connection. That's when I noticed the thin wires broke off from the board. The two thin wires are still sticking out of the driver. Can you just solder it back onto the board?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #10,649 of 10,994
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #10,650 of 10,994
Hi JD. I have both NJC amp and dac both of which are excellent. I have a selection of phones all of which sound very good to me. HD600 HD650 T1 400i and Denon 7100. Are you in US or UK? The dac and amp are neutral and made to a very high standard. I'm in my 60's so highs are not quite so high anymore. I also have bottlehead crack tube amp which the T1 is usually paired with, warms up the highs a little. Both dac and amp are great and have the power for any headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back