The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #10,606 of 10,994
The EDT990VB (https://m.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt990_ersatzohrpolster.htm) pads are actually for the DT990, not for the T1. The official replacement pads are the EDT-T1V (https://m.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_t1_first_generation_ear_pads.htm)

You can also try the T1G2 pads (https://m.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_t1_2nd_generation_ear_pads.htm) on the T1. They have fewer, but larger holes on the back sides. They give a more focused overall sound with tighter bass. Soundstage is also slightly wider due to the slightly thicker/firmer foam used.

It's CAD$126.79 shipped to Canada for the EDT-T1V's. No thanks. Thats absolutely absurd in my opinion. Went through the same process last year when I first replaced the pads on my T1. The general consensus I got from this thread at the time was that the EDT990VB were about as close as you can get to the original pads that are regularly available in Canada/US. If anyone knows of another source closer to home, or alternative pads that don't cost $70CDN just for shipping, I'm all ears. Neither the EDT-T1V or the T1G2 pads are available from the North American site.

So ya... pad rolling options anyone?

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #10,607 of 10,994
It's CAD$126.79 shipped to Canada for the EDT-T1V's. No thanks. Thats absolutely absurd in my opinion. Went through the same process last year when I first replaced the pads on my T1. The general consensus I got from this thread at the time was that the EDT990VB were about as close as you can get to the original pads that are regularly available in Canada/US. If anyone knows of another source closer to home, or alternative pads that don't cost $70CDN just for shipping, I'm all ears. Neither the EDT-T1V or the T1G2 pads are available from the North American site.

So ya... pad rolling options anyone?

The T1G2 pads are available from Amazon UK/DE: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-EDT-T1G2-Softskin-Cushions-Black/dp/B01LY4XOAF

You may check how much the shipping cost is to Canada.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #10,608 of 10,994
Guys, which musical genre best suits the t1? I found folk and any female vocal a good match, any advice?

I reserve vocal (male & female) and acoustic guitar music listening sessions almost exclusively for the T1 due to its unparalleled clarity.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #10,609 of 10,994
Also curious on pad rolling with the T1. Time to replace my T1 pads and curious if anyone has found better alternatives over the EDT990VB pads from Beyer...

deleted

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #10,610 of 10,994
Guys, which musical genre best suits the t1? I found folk and any female vocal a good match, any advice?

Imaging is best aspect of the T1 sound reproduction, second to none actually. So any recording with good imaging will sound amazing with the T1: With classical opera recording, you can tell the performers moving across the stage when singing. With rock live concert recording, you can tell the guitarist move away/towards the mic when playing. With a TV news video on youtube, without watching you can tell announcer turns and talk to his/her colleagues on the left/right side.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #10,611 of 10,994
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #10,614 of 10,994
Does anyone know how to replace slider assy? Mine is loose on both sides.

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/2878/

How to take them apart?

From what I remember (I used to work at the Beyerdynamic UK Distributor) you can buy replacements and replace them, it requires inserting a flat head screwdriver to break the latches on the old part to release them.

Ask your local distributor and they should be able to send you the exploded diagram, which shows you how to replace them :D

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #10,615 of 10,994
Thank you. I thought so... I was looking at slider assy today on my T1 and only option is to break old one with something flat like screwdriver.
I guess from bottom? Or from top where headband is?

Now i just need to find "local" distributor. I am not sure that beyerdynamic europa (Germany) is sending to my country.
Sent them email today. Will see what will be answer...

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #10,616 of 10,994
Thank you. I thought so... I was looking at slider assy today on my T1 and only option is to break old one with something flat like screwdriver.
I guess from bottom? Or from top where headband is?

Now i just need to find "local" distributor. I am not sure that beyerdynamic europa (Germany) is sending to my country.
Sent them email today. Will see what will be answer...

I can't remeber whether you insert it from the top or the bottom. I am sure if you email sales@polaraudio.co.uk and ask for the exploded diagram they will send it to you :)

Dec 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #10,617 of 10,994
Thank you again!
I will email them and ask for the exploded diagram. But first I need to find "local" distributor for my country...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back