The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #6,616 of 9,165
FYI. Last night i was at the movies and shut down my ak. When the movie was over, i took it out of my pocket and noticed that it was still on the shutdown screen and getting hot. I had to do a reset to actually shut it down and then restart. It has only happened to me once, but I am worried about the potential damage to the device if it gets stuck running at the shutdown screen for an extended period of time.

In any case, be careful and be aware of this potential problem. I would recommend that everyone with an ak to actually verity that the device has shutdown before putting it away.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #6,617 of 9,165
Quote:
FYI. Last night i was at the movies and shut down my ak. When the movie was over, i took it out of my pocket and noticed that it was still on the shutdown screen and getting hot. I had to do a reset to actually shut it down and then restart. It has only happened to me once, but I am worried about the potential damage to the device if it gets stuck running at the shutdown screen for an extended period of time.

In any case, be careful and be aware of this potential problem. I would recommend that everyone with an ak to actually verity that the device has shutdown before putting it away.

It has happened to me three times or more. I have noticed when the music is still playing, and I attempt to shut down the device, there is a higher chance for it to get stuck.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #6,618 of 9,165
Have any of you ever interrupted the "See You Soon" screen & have it hang without a full shutdown? Mine's stuck at that screen at the moment. I you know of any secret button presses for a hard reset, please do share. Or I can just let the battery drain I guess.

I'm on the iRiver 2.01 firmware.

Edit: Pls ignore. Hard Reset seems to be middle & up button with power button.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #6,619 of 9,165
Have any of you ever interrupted the "See You Soon" screen & have it hang without a full shutdown? Mine's stuck at that screen at the moment. I you know of any secret button presses for a hard reset, please do share. Or I can just let the battery drain I guess.

I'm on the iRiver 2.01 firmware.

Edit: Pls ignore. Hard Reset seems to be middle & up button with power button.

I think this might help you,

try a hard RESET -> press power and rewind buttons simultaneously for 7sec

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #6,620 of 9,165
I think this might help you,
Yep. Cheers as per my edit I found the same but with technically less accurate terminology :wink:.

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #6,624 of 9,165
I have a question for those knowledgeable souls on this forum. Is there a significant difference in using the optical out on the ak100 as opposed to the normal 1/8" jack? Most portable amps I come across do not have the optical-IN....why is this?

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #6,625 of 9,165
Quote:
Well done tm.chen.

I posted the same thing 3 posts  above you,  an hour ago:wink:

Your English translations read better though
size]

Wow so with this new unit they lowered the output impedance from 22 ohms? I wonder what the lowered it to? Honestly doesn't make sense to continue making AK100s with 22 ohms. It's really stupid honestly.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #6,627 of 9,165
On iRiver 2.01, let the timer shutdown after X minutes of your choice. When it's due to shut down & you see the See You Again (or was it Soon?) screen, interrupt it by pressing any of the buttons. See if it proceeds on shutting down or hang there.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #6,628 of 9,165
Quote:
Wow so with this new unit they lowered the output impedance from 22 ohms? I wonder what the lowered it to? Honestly doesn't make sense to continue making AK100s with 22 ohms. It's really stupid honestly.

If I understand correctly this is just a mod not a new unit.  Not unlike RWAK or MSAK maybe this would be known as the AK100-B (for AK100 B-SPEC, their official name).

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #6,629 of 9,165
Disconnected Now Playing Screen

i had been running listridV2 with no problems.
I flashed iriver 2.0.1 to evaluate any sound differences.  After a short test with my standard test files, I decided I preferred listridV2.
I re-flashed listridV2, but I then experienced some occasions where the Now Playing Screen would freeze, while the player would advance to the next song.
I thought that this may be due to some 2.0.1 remnant, so I flashed 1.33, then back to listridV2.
I still experience occasions where the Now Playing Screen will freeze or become disconnected.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #6,630 of 9,165
I have to say my RWAK100-S + Glacier gives me the best sound I have ever heard! Beats my DX100. But for some reason I get alot of distortion/clipping if I don´t use the eq (flat) with the 2.0.1 firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back